Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Nautilus007

macrumors 68030
Jul 13, 2007
U.S
work

these didnt work with the ios 4 beta for the ipad either until either the 3rd or 4th release i dont remember, it could have even been the final release. Its kind of a bummer.

TheRocketPig

macrumors newbie
Jun 30, 2011
I would just like to say that I'm a developer and I needed to update so that I may test out my app's compatibility and to test the new features for future apps.

That being said, my team is small and we cannot afford special units just for development. My personal iPhone and iPad are my dev units. I can't believe that I'm the only one in the same boat.

Now since Apple has explained that they don't want people rolling back to previous iOS versions I can understand people trying to find ways to get incompatible apps to work again. This doesn't mean that they are pirates/non-developers, it just means that they are developers that miss their HBO Go, Hulu, or Netflix.

macmac80210

macrumors newbie
Apr 22, 2011
sent, edit your email out of there so you don't get spam.

Do you mind sending it to me! I would really apprecaite it!!!

Mac@verdedenver.com!

Thank you!

3goldens, would you mind forwarding me the older version. I don't seem to be able to get it when googling...it just goes to version 1.3.

Thank you:)

danaleandra@gmail.com

Mac@verdedenver.com!

Thank you!

If you could send the netflix.ipa to me too that would be fantastic, but I completely understand your concern with personal data.

My email is: imag1nat0nary@gmail.com

Mac@verdedenver.com!

Thank you!

Last edited:

shhy

macrumors newbie
Feb 13, 2009
add me to the list... no go on netflix on any of 4 iOS devices. Between all those devices and the attendant iTunes accounts, i have 4 different versions of netflix, all of them the wrong ones!

macmac80210

macrumors newbie
Apr 22, 2011
I tried installing a previous version of Netflix I just happened to have on our iPad 2 and it works on iOS 5 (version 1.2.1). It's cool to have the new features and develop with them, but I couldn't have gone far without Netflix to keep me company :)

Hey could you please send a copy of that to me?
Mac @ verdedenver.com?

LatterDayAint

macrumors newbie
May 14, 2010
Sads no Netflickses

Would anyone here mind forwarding me the Netflix 1.2.1 app? I miss it on my iPhone too. My e-mail is nedrow.g.a@gmail.com and it's a spam e-mail so I don't mind it being public. Thanks muchly.

CradleTodd

macrumors newbie
Jul 18, 2011
Okay...so I've downloaded the ipa...but when I sync my phone, it tells me that it can't install Netflix cause it's not authorized. When I double click Netflix in Apps, it shows your userid.

CBeckstrand

macrumors member
Oct 6, 2008
Salt Lake City,Utah
It is working for me on my Ipad 2 with the newest beta. From what I understand you have to delete Netflix and then download it from the app store again. You should then get the new 1.4 version that is compatible with IOS5.

Ashwood11

macrumors 65816
Nov 10, 2010
US
It is working for me on my Ipad 2 with the newest beta. From what I understand you have to delete Netflix and then download it from the app store again. You should then get the new 1.4 version that is compatible with IOS5.

If there were a new version you should not have to delete it to download the new version. The App Store should push you a notification that there is an update and it would download and replace the previous version.

CBeckstrand

macrumors member
Oct 6, 2008
Salt Lake City,Utah
If there were a new version you should not have to delete it to download the new version. The App Store should push you a notification that there is an update and it would download and replace the previous version.

I thought the same thing but I found some blog posts saying you have to download it again to get the working version. I did not have it on my Ipad previous to updating the latest beta since I knew it did not work. It also wants me to update to the 1.3 version even though I just downloaded from the app store so that makes me think it is a different version.

Video is working on whatever version it is though so that is all I care about.

AlienSEX

macrumors newbie
Jul 25, 2011
Tried and tested, Latest Netflix app now WORKING flawlessly on iOS 5 beta 4 (iPhone 4 GSM) :D:D:D:D:D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.