iOS 5

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by collisos, May 1, 2011.

1. collisos macrumors member

So I searched the forums and couldn't find any concrete information on this, but what are the rumors for iOS 5? Will it be compatible with the iPhone 4, and is it coming out in June at the conference? What has everyone heard?

2. Smtevo macrumors 6502

Yeah I am pretty sure it will work with the iPhone 4 because that is what it is being tested on right now. Supposed to be announced in June also.

3. ccolaco macrumors 6502

4. collisos thread starter macrumors member

okay thanks appreciate it, typed in iOS 5 in the search but maybe I just missed it

5. maclaptop macrumors 65816

maclaptop

Now that I have a great new white iPhone 4, I'm taking a wait and see approach.

It has nothing to do with the color, but rather how great this new model is.

Normally I trust Apple and pre order the moment they release each new iPhone. But after getting burned with Antennagate, I'm not taking the risk.

Another shocker is how many improvements the new white iP4 has. It's far and away the best of all smartphones.

The performance as a phone is wonderful. Loud and clear, it doesn't drop calls. So now that I have a great iPhone there's no reason to get iPhone 5.

I'm going to enjoy this one till iPhone 6.

6. cpucrash0 macrumors regular

I hope it's announced in june I really want a new iPhone and I don't want a white iphone 4 because I already have a black iPhone 4 so what's the point in getting the same one. I want an iPhone 5.

7. iAmYou macrumors 6502

iAmYou

You keep posting this drivel.
    This is not a new iPhone only a new color.
    There is nothing any more spectacular about it.
    We black iPhone users have been using it for 10 months now.

8. solowmodel macrumors 6502

Relax. Let the man enjoy his new phone.

I picked up a white one also, switching from a 3GS. Sure, played around with other friends' i4 but actually ownership is great.

9. maclaptop macrumors 65816

maclaptop

Oops, must have hit a nerve :)

10. iAmYou macrumors 6502

iAmYou

No not really.
    Just don't like trolls.