iOS 6.0.1 delayed too?

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by mattburley7, Oct 30, 2012.

1. mattburley7 macrumors 68020

since iTunes11 has been delayed is it likely a iOS 6.0.1 update has been delayed till at least end of November? I know we have not had any confirmed date but they said in a few weeks according to rumors. Anyone think it will be longer than that since iTunes11 has been delayed and most likely they would be released around the same time?

2. jkauff macrumors member

The guy who headed up iOS development just lost his job. I imagine things will be in a bit of turmoil for awhile as the new boss settles in.

3. mattburley7 thread starter macrumors 68020

That does not mean they cant release a 6.x update?

4. Appleseeds, Oct 30, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2012

Appleseeds macrumors regular

I am sure one persons leaving, however important they were, is not going to stall Apple releasing an iOS update that's already done.

I don't think iTunes needs to be updated, to do an incremental iOS update, which can be done OTA

5. Troneas macrumors 65816

Troneas

i really hope not...

my patience with iphones and ios is coming to an end fast.

just seen the new WP 8 video its waaaay ahead of this crap iOS 6. more than once it made me look at my phone and pitty it.

6. mattburley7 thread starter macrumors 68020

a update would be nice but my hopes are not high for this either since iTunes got delayed.

7. pooleman Suspended

pooleman

WTF is wrong with iOS 6? I love it. My iPhone 5 is the greatest phone I've ever had. What do you expect to improve/change in an iOS 6 update?

8. stevey6404 macrumors member

Bugs everywhere...

9. canadianpj macrumors 6502

Ah, I needed a good laugh. You've not actually USED a WP8 have you?

10. Appleseeds macrumors regular

Meh.

11. Troneas macrumors 65816

Troneas

- ability to personalize phone beyond arranging icons

- live apps

- app recommendations in store based on what friends use.

- try before you buy apps.

- consistent format/theme/layout of apps.

- group chat rooms to share calendars, photos, documents and chat updates built right into the the contact list (compatible with users with iOS)

- intelligent word flow keyboard for fast typing.

- access restriction for children.

- compatible with iTunes and WMP.

- photo editing apps built into the standard camera app.

12. Byeen macrumors member

Byeen

Scott is leaving in the next year, there is no need to wait for new boss, well, I hope they will release it sooner than in 2013 :D

13. lepeos macrumors member

Well, what are you waiting for?

14. Poonz macrumors member

Poonz

The phone has no feelings you really dont have to pity it.

15. Troneas macrumors 65816

Troneas

ugh. i thought it was obvious... an iOS update?? :rolleyes:

16. D1G1T4L macrumors 68000

D1G1T4L

You don't think the update is going to solve all those issues you have with 6.0 do you?

17. Appleseeds macrumors regular

lol

18. Troneas macrumors 65816

Troneas

i know im reaching for the stars here....

still, perhaps an update WILL bring to iOS 6 what it should have been in the first place.

they did it to an extent with the ML 10.8.2 update, introducing new features such as FB integration and iCloud tabs...

of course i dont expect a huge overhaul, but some new features embedded into the OS would be nice. i just feel too dependent on third party apps to do loads of trivial stuff that ought to be facilitated by and embedded into the OS.

19. Nyk0n macrumors regular

Nyk0n

see in red above and better luck next time :)

20. velle macrumors newbie

Hopefully it'll soon be out, the update should enable LTE in denmark, so hopefully it'll soon be out.

21. qwerty994 macrumors member

qwerty994

I think Apple is screwing us all with this iOS 6 thing. It's the buggiest release EVER, and its taking forever for a fix to these bugs to be released. iOS 5.0.1 came out sooner than iOS 6.0.1, and there was nothing wrong with iOS 5.

PS. I think Forstall will take out his wrath over getting fired on iOS 6.0.1. Even more glitches ;)

22. cyks macrumors 68020

cyks

Nothing wrong with it...except for the millions of users who's batteries would die within a few hours- the big issue that 5.0.1 fixed.

23. whoknows87 macrumors 6502a

whoknows87

you are not the only one, I dont have high hopes for the next update, I've already made up my mind that I will try the nexus on Nov 13th

I've had it, a lot of folks on here dont want to admit that iOS Lacks in more than one Area, yes its a great phone, great OS but its showing it's age.........
    Google released the Google Search now voice App and that just tells you who is actively pursuing innovation and who is chasing profits, apple is getting a bit greedy, minor spec bumps here and there eeeh

24. jimmyb5374 macrumors member

Exactly this !

yes every business is in it for the money , and want to show investors / shareholders and competitors how much they can gross, but the Apple ios progression team must literally be sitting back with lattes thinking what they WON'T put in this update they can save to look better in the next one !

I've had it, a lot of folks on here dont want to admit that iOS Lacks in more than one Area, yes its a great phone, great OS but its showing it's age.........
    Google released the Google Search now voice App and that just tells you who is actively pursuing innovation and who is chasing profits, apple is getting a bit greedy, minor spec bumps here and there eeeh[/QUOTE]