General iOS 6.1.1

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by guitarmandp, Feb 1, 2013.

1. guitarmandp macrumors 6502

What are the odds that an iOS 6.1.1 is released patching all of the holes of the jailbreak and adding a couple of non consequential miniscule "features"

2. TriJetHero macrumors 601

TriJetHero

3. dma550 macrumors 6502

4. nfl46 macrumors 603

This.

But, I sure won't be upgrading to 6.1.1 and losing my jailbreak. :D

5. Dwalls90 macrumors 601

Dwalls90

It's a funny question, actually.

When 5.1.1 was released in Mid may and was exploited, Apple didn't release a 5.1.2 update to patch it. They waited all the way until iOS 6 in September.

There is no guaranteed timleine of when they will patch it, bus as others have said above, given by prior experiences other than 5.1.1, it's only a matter of time.

That said, 6.1.1 will likely take a few weeks at least to be released after the jailbreak is released, so make sure you "clean" your phone and stay away from suspicious tweaks so you don't have to restore, and thereby stuck on 6.1.1 (if on an iPhone 4S, iPod Touch 5 or iPad 2 or newer).

I have faith that they have a heap of exploits primed and waiting for the next major release after 6.1, should Apple release one.

6. Darrent54 macrumors member

I think apple will let this ride. Yes the jb is losing apple money in terms of apps Etc. but a lot of people have been upgrading and buying iphone, iPads this week that the jb is coming out . Few of my friends went to android due to no jb at the time, they are raging now

7. Premium1 macrumors 6502a

I think they will have an update sometime in the future, more so to fix the last few remaining bugs that some people are still having and most likely will fix the jb exploit as well.

8. Ishimaru macrumors 6502a

Yep it has. But if 6.1 is any indication, it's a crap update.

*edit*

Here are the release notes:

iOS 6.1.1 beta 1 includes the following improvements to Maps for Japan:
    ● Improved pronunciation of roads during turn-by-turn navigation
    ● Optimized directions to more strongly prefer highways over narrower roads
    ● Now indicates upcoming toll roads during turn-by-turn navigation
    ● Added labels for junctions, interchanges, on-ramps, off-ramps, and intersections
    ● Added indicators for transit station buildings, subway lines, and traffic lights
    ● Updated freeway color to green
    ● Updated icons for some location categories including fire stations, hospitals, and post offices
    ● Added 3D buildings including Tokyo Station, Japan Imperial Palace, and Tokyo Tower

9. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

Pretty soon and very likely within the next week or so.

10. guitarmandp thread starter macrumors 6502

iOS 5.1.1 was jailbroken. Didn't Apple just ignore it and leave this available for months even with the exploits?

11. noiceT macrumors 6502a

Unless the exploit is a serious one, they could probably care less. I think the PDF exploit was fixed pretty swiftly if I remember correctly.

12. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Yes. Cause There was a bunch of jokers going to all the apple stores and jb all iPhones iPods and iPads they had on display. :D
    They're were pissed.

13. guitarmandp thread starter macrumors 6502

There's a video on YouTube of people jailbreaking display model iPhones at bestbuy