Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

legasafe

macrumors newbie
Jun 25, 2012
I have iTranslate and SayHi on my phone. How's Siri supposed to know which one I want if I simply say "Translate?"

It's not similar to what Malkovich said because he was basically asking for something open ended. Joke could return an infinite number of responses. When I need the specificity of launching a single app I'm likely going to have to be more definitive in my utterance for accurate results.

If you had said "Translate" in that circumstance Siri provided you with the option to choose between apps.

If you need to be more specific in launching an app, how is saying 'launch' going to help you?

nuckinfutz

macrumors 603
Jul 3, 2002
Middle Earth
If you had said "Translate" in that circumstance Siri provided you with the option to choose between apps.

If you need to be more specific in launching an app, how is saying 'launch' going to help you?

That's a fail. At this point I've now had to take two steps.

1. Utter "Translate"
2. Choose from 2 or more apps

as compared to

"Open iTranslate"
"Open SayHi"

Single step.

Single word utterances only work for open ended queries like "Weather" "Jokes" and other items but they fail if you're looking to launch specific app.
------

"Photos"

Siri - "Do you want me to launch iPhoto, photos app, Camera+, Instagram"

Just isn't going to pass muster for simplicity

l.w41sh

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 18, 2009
Florida
-When going through a long history of text messages with someone, deleting specific texts takes you ALL the way back to the bottom. This can be rather annoying when you are dealing with messages in a specific time from as you have to scroll all the way back through and find your spot.

I noticed this in beta 1.

legasafe

macrumors newbie
Jun 25, 2012
That's a fail. At this point I've now had to take two steps.

1. Utter "Translate"
2. Choose from 2 or more apps

as compared to

"Open iTranslate"
"Open SayHi"

Single step.

Single word utterances only work for open ended queries like "Weather" "Jokes" and other items but they fail if you're looking to launch specific app.
------

"Photos"

Siri - "Do you want me to launch iPhoto, photos app, Camera+, Instagram"

Just isn't going to pass muster for simplicity

Thats not how beta 1 Siri would have handled it. If you haven't had experience with both versions of Siri then you can only speculate so I can't blame you for your misunderstanding.

It doesn't matter now, it has changed. Was simply a much more efficient way of operating.

chrismarle

macrumors 6502
Jun 18, 2011
Canada
Siri is not working anymore. Everything I can say will result like she doesn't understand and Siri was working fine in beta 1.

iPhone 4S and New iPad 4G with French (Canada).

Cam493

macrumors member
Sep 20, 2010
Noticed a HUGE bug. If you attempt to add an app to a folder with the maximum amount, the apps will simply disappear.

ItsGavinC

macrumors 6502
Jun 29, 2007
In beta 1 you could say, "Photos", and she would open it???

----------

Change after reboot!

Check out the app store.

Updates in the middle.
Top 25 on right.

My app store (even after multiple reboots) still looks the same as it did. Updates is also at the end and Top Charts is 2nd from the right.

l.w41sh

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 18, 2009
Florida
Fun thing to do. Go to brightness and watch the bar change!
Brightness seems to be fixed!

----------

My app store (even after multiple reboots) still looks the same as it did. Updates is also at the end and Top Charts is 2nd from the right.

After multiple reboots mine is still different weird. You have a 4S?
And USA?

l.w41sh

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 18, 2009
Florida
I noticed a very quick battery drain while on a phone call for 45 seconds.
Went from 10% to 2%.

parisi2274

macrumors member
Sep 2, 2010
Here we go time to post all the bugs you find. I will update the list below as we confirm some of the most common problems.

Please list the problem
Device you are using.
Fix (if available)

Most Common Bugs/Problems:

-Uploading photos to websites is laggy.
-Apple Store App still not working. (try to reboot)
-Purchase History in app store. (try to reboot)

My Bugs: (not confirmed)
-Random Logging out of the app store.
-Photos.apps will not let you crop photos.
-Reminders app crashes when you edit existing reminder. (happens randomly)

Fixes:
-Purchase History in app store. (reboot)
-Apple Store App still not working. (reboot)

The XBOX Live App still crashes the moment you launch it! This is on an iPhone 4S with iOS6 Beta 2.

jas07

macrumors regular
Oct 13, 2011
Hi Guys,

Just upgraded to Beta 2 and Siri's voice has gone very low quality for me on my iPhone 4S, anyone else noticed this problem or am I all on my lonesome?!

Cheers
Jas

iBreatheApple

macrumors 68030
Sep 3, 2011
Florida
Hi Guys,

Just upgraded to Beta 2 and Siri's voice has gone very low quality for me on my iPhone 4S, anyone else noticed this problem or am I all on my lonesome?!

Cheers
Jas

I've had just the opposite effect, actually. When I had beta 1 siri's voice was terrible quality, and when I launched beta 2 it was as well… A couple minutes later it finally when HQ.

jredecop

macrumors 6502a
May 20, 2009
Still no AirPrint :( Unless my iPad running 5.1.1 is searching for my printer, then my iPhone will find it, strange. Same as beta 1.

Tyler23

macrumors 603
Dec 2, 2010
Atlanta, GA
Started downloading and it said 5 minutes remaining..now says 4 hours. What gives? I'm going to be away from wifi in 40 minutes, what will happen if it doesn't finish by then?

Can Inelli

macrumors member
Feb 12, 2011
I already rebooted twice but I still haven't got the new Twitter Logo or the New App Store etc. ? What do you guys think ? Do I just have to wait ? Does not makes sense...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.