Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ajrodriguez

macrumors newbie
Jul 17, 2012
Bug/issue: All sounds are at max volume, and the volume can't be changed (unless you mute everything).

Model: iPad (3rd gen)

Fix: I've got nothing.

I am having the same problem. I will go back to Beta 2 or maybe 5.1.1. Restoring from a saved backup will not fix. Only fix is to start new, but then a few minutes later, same issue happens again.

dave8209

macrumors member
Jul 16, 2012
Providence, RI
Can't backup to iCloud

Just noticed that my iPhone did not back up last night. I tried to back it up and it says it could not be completed. So i turned off iCloud backup and then tried to turn it back on and it would not turn on. what do I do.

Attachments

• IMG_2828.PNG
    IMG_2828.PNG
    301.2 KB · Views: 90

ajrodriguez

macrumors newbie
Jul 17, 2012
Bug/issue: All sounds are at max volume, and the volume can't be changed (unless you mute everything).

Model: iPad (3rd gen)

Fix: I've got nothing.

Here's what I did to fix the issue.

I restored back to iOS 6 Beta 3 and kept the Change with Buttons off. So far, the volume hasn't gone up and I can lower it or make it higher.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    411.7 KB · Views: 103

goodenf

macrumors newbie
Jul 17, 2012
Oklahoma
I have iPhone 4 on AT&T. Personal hotspot is useless now, which is extra great because I shell out extra cheddar to use it. Can't connect via WiFi or USB cable. Updated iTunes to latest drivers for Windows. Still can't connect. Can see it from both computers but can't connect from either. Everything else seems peachy.

I had the same problem, plue Messages would not send MMS via text messages. I reset the Network settings and Personal Hotspot is working again. So is the ability to send MMS via text message.

Lildezzy2332

macrumors newbie
Jul 17, 2012
I don't know if this is happening to anyone else or it's just my phone but here they are.
Bugs: when facetiming, after it connects, the headphone volume is EXTREMELY loud and the volume is all the way down. If I put it up half way. It will almost blow the headphones. Then if I unplug them and plug them back in. It goes to normal. Also if I receive a call without headphones in and I pick up. The volume is LOUD and it's down. Wats up with this. It didn't do this.
Model: iPhone 4 (GSM)
Fix: none

Roofy.

macrumors 6502a
Jan 24, 2009
Double tapping the home button on the lock screen to bring up music controls never works the first time anymore. I have to do it twice every time now.

Dav1

macrumors 6502
Mar 14, 2011
I am having the same problem. I will go back to Beta 2 or maybe 5.1.1. Restoring from a saved backup will not fix. Only fix is to start new, but then a few minutes later, same issue happens again.

This appears to be a bug with the equalizer. Try selecting something other than "Late Night Mode" that was the mode my new iPad was in when I upgraded, and the volume buttons have no effect when that mode is selected now. Select a different mode and the volume buttons work again as expected for me. Hope that helps someone.....

Lance-AR

macrumors 6502
May 7, 2012
Little Rock, AR
Just noticed that my iPhone did not back up last night. I tried to back it up and it says it could not be completed. So i turned off iCloud backup and then tried to turn it back on and it would not turn on. what do I do.

Try going into settings, iCloud, storage and deleting your old backup.

aleni

macrumors 68030
Jun 2, 2006
last night when i decided to check my iPhone, the screen is black, home button and sleep button didn't work at all, last time i remembered the battery was still at 80% ish.

i tried pressing the home button and the sleep button at the same time for couple of seconds, then suddenly the apple logo came back and the phone was on again.

anybody experienced this sudden turning off?

jameslikeness

macrumors member
Jul 27, 2007
Siri won't launch apps for me anymore. I've tried "Open App" and "Launch App," and neither works. Siri says, "Ever so sorry… I'm not allowed to do that."

Camperniki

macrumors regular
Jul 18, 2012
Southern California
Mail is still not in the Notification Center. still having issues on Tumblr where it doesn't always respond when I touch the screen

4S iOS 6b3

Last edited:

Defender2010

Cancelled
Jun 6, 2010
last night when i decided to check my iPhone, the screen is black, home button and sleep button didn't work at all, last time i remembered the battery was still at 80% ish.

i tried pressing the home button and the sleep button at the same time for couple of seconds, then suddenly the apple logo came back and the phone was on again.

On my new iPad, yes. Not on my iPhone 4S.
I have since restored using the full ipsw file and the iPad is no longer becoming unresponsive as it was prior. Perhaps a retire of your phone may help...

grivvr

macrumors newbie
Jul 16, 2012
The Passbook brightness on exit isn't a bug, this is how it's been since iOS5 when the brightness API was added. If an app changes the brightness level, that level persists until you exit the app and then sleep / wake. On wake your previous brightness setting is restored.

CalWizrd

Suspended
Jun 21, 2011
NYC/Raleigh, NC

I have also experienced this on my new iPad (3rd gen). I haven't detected any pattern or time interval related to when it occurs.

Neopax

macrumors newbie
Jul 18, 2012
Siri and dictation does not work anymore on Beta 3. any solutions?

I tried to reinstall beta 2, that works fine. After updating to 3 starting Siri will end directly with the beep. Deactivating and reactivating fixes that problem, but now Siri seems to get no connection.

This problem is only on the iPhone 4S, my iPad 3 works fine.

Last edited:

carpece

macrumors newbie
Jul 17, 2012

I tried to reinstall beta 2, that works fine. After updating to 3 starting Siri will end directly with the beep. Deactivating and reactivating fixes that problem, but now Siri seems to get no connection.

This happened to me too..., i thought it would be my 4s iPhone, but most of the people have Siri without problem in 4s...
annoying...!
maybe the servers are outline..?

aleni

macrumors 68030
Jun 2, 2006
On my new iPad, yes. Not on my iPhone 4S.
I have since restored using the full ipsw file and the iPad is no longer becoming unresponsive as it was prior. Perhaps a retire of your phone may help...

what did u mean by retire? it's an iPhone 4S.

brylliant

macrumors regular
Jul 18, 2012
United Kingdom
Bug/issue: iCloud Backup would not turn on. Gives error.

iPhone, iPod, iPad model: iPhone 4S

Fix: Plug into iTunes and click 'Backup to iCloud' in Summary tab.

Neopax

macrumors newbie
Jul 18, 2012
I don't want to loose all my apps and settings. Reupdating to beta 2 works, but beta 3 doesn't!

brylliant

macrumors regular
Jul 18, 2012
United Kingdom

I had that issue too. The best way to get it working again is to plug into iTunes with the cable and click 'Backup to iCloud' in Summary tab. It's not working from the device, probably a bug!

Lildezzy2332

macrumors newbie
Jul 17, 2012
I don't know if this is happening to anyone else or it's just my phone but here they are.
Bugs: when facetiming, after it connects, the headphone volume is EXTREMELY loud and the volume is all the way down. If I put it up half way. It will almost blow the headphones. Then if I unplug them and plug them back in. It goes to normal. Also if I receive a call without headphones in and I pick up. The volume is LOUD and it's down. Wats up with this. It didn't do this on 5.1.1. Also mail notifications aren't working. There not popping up. There only popping up when I go in the application
Model: iPhone 4 (GSM)
Fix: none

throys

macrumors 6502
Dec 1, 2011
London

No problem here on both 4s n iPad3.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.