iOS 7.0.3 animations

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by rocat1997, Oct 22, 2013.

1. rocat1997 macrumors regular

I hope everyone that complained to Apple is happy about them killing the animations. I used the reduce motion due to my background needing it to look right, but wanted the animations. Now, Apple removed it because of the cry babies. Thanks everyone for spoiling it for the majority. Enough said.

2. Menel macrumors 603

Menel

3. Daremo macrumors 68000

Daremo

I couldn't agree with you more. I REALLY dislike the fact they took it away completely. There should have been anther slider to customize the features more. The ONLY thing I wanted off was the background movement, just as it was before.

4. spades1412 macrumors 6502

I complained, they fixed it, I am happy. My phone feels fast again. Those slow animations were driving me nuts.

5. Phazer macrumors member

Agreed.

6. rocat1997 thread starter macrumors regular

I don't know why everyone says their phone is slow. My iPhone 5 is lightning fast with animations on. It's as fast as iOS 6. No different. My wife's the same. I think people are having issues with something else.

7. FFF84 macrumors newbie

majority????
    I'm not sure about that

8. vaultwit macrumors regular

I think it's so funny how, had Apple NOT changed this in 7.0.3, the exact opposite could apply. Observe:

"I hope everyone that didn't complain to Apple is happy about them preserving the animations. I wanted to use the reduce motion not due to my background needing it to look right, but rather to stop animations. Now, Apple has kept animations because of the lack of cry babies. Thanks everyone for spoiling it for the majority. Enough said."

There are two sides to every coin. You are basically saying "Heads, I hate you Apple. Tails, I hate you Apple." You can't blame everyone else because the coin didn't land on the side you wanted.

9. vexorg macrumors 6502a

You too get to be a cry baby now

10. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

Apple did not kill the animations because people were whining about them. They did it because of the motion sickness it was causing some people. That has a more serious impact on the user base.

Personally, I'm not a fan of the parallax effect but I definitely don't like the disintegrate transition with reduce motion turned on.

11. Velin macrumors 65816

Velin

Apple: thank you for getting rid of the stupid animations. Was slowing everything down, and they sucked.

12. aluren macrumors 65816

I don't feel the fade effects being faster than the original icons flying in and out...

13. Triangle Man macrumors member

I don't like Parallax but I do like zooming. I guess I have to suffer now too.

14. LordQ macrumors 68040

LordQ

qft :(

15. C DM macrumors Westmere

Yup. Don't like it? Complain to Apple. That's all there's to it (as poster after poster kept on telling those who didn't like animations before...while quite a few would also add some indirect and sometimes direct put downs of the people who were discussing issues they had with animations).

16. Max(IT) Suspended

Max(IT)

How many threads about animations do we have to see ? :(

17. C DM macrumors Westmere

Interesting how much complaining there is now from the more or less the same type of userbase that complained about others complaining about animations before.

18. Yptcn macrumors 6502a

Yptcn

19. BvizioN macrumors 68040

BvizioN

Some people felt they were living in "Hypertime" :D

20. Zerilos macrumors 6502a

Agreed. I really liked the animations.

21. richpuer macrumors 6502

Can someone please tell me what animations everyone is talking about?? I never saw any animations whatsoever on mine after the 7 launch.

22. bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

Not everyone will be happy.

I'm not really opinionated about either.

Happy days.

23. BvizioN macrumors 68040

BvizioN

The one you see when you open or close folders, unlock the phone, open/close apps, etc.
    It's what some people have been complaining about...
    Some people apparently have had motion sickness because of them, believe it or not.

24. watchthisspace macrumors 6502a

I found it to be the duration of the animation that was the problem. With reduced motion on, the animation time is super short so I'm not waiting around for a fancy effect to finish before I can do something.

25. matttye macrumors 601

They're about twice as fast.

I'm surprised they didn't mention it in the keynote.

iPad Air

2x CPU
    2x GPU
    2x animation speed
    Lighter
    Thinner

:D