Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

paulie6978

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 16, 2010
The Cradle of Liberty
well i restored my phone as NEW and also installed a new battery and its running much much better. Was stuck at 100% for about a half hour.

Can really noticed the difference in better battery life......:D

egobuster1

macrumors member
Sep 1, 2011
i did a restore as new and nothing changed so i did a health check on my battery and noticed that the battery is like shot so I'm gonna have apple replace it.

this is a comparison of mine and my buddies iPhone both purchased on the same day.

Attachments

• battery life left.png
    battery life left.png
    24.8 KB · Views: 103
  • Screen Shot 2014-01-14 at 10.37.21 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-01-14 at 10.37.21 AM.png
    22.5 KB · Views: 767

sunking101

macrumors 604
Sep 19, 2013
i did a restore as new and nothing changed so i did a health check on my battery and noticed that the battery is like shot so I'm gonna have apple replace it.

this is a comparison of mine and my buddies iPhone both purchased on the same day.

Where did you get the healthcheck from, is it an app?

Prof.

macrumors 603
Aug 17, 2007
Chicagoland
So the screen on my iPhone 5s somehow became un-laminated from the LCD panel (not sure how) so I took it to the Appel store. They ran a diagnostic on the phone and I noticed my battery health was around 90-ish percent; possibly 88/89% health. They were obviously unable to fix my screen so they gave me a new iPhone. Assuming this new iPhone has 100% health (maybe even more), I decided to check to see if it, too would suffer the battery drain that my previous 5s experienced. Short answer: yes. I'm pretty much convinced that it's a software issue and not a hardware issue.

silvermx5

macrumors member
Jun 13, 2013
So the screen on my iPhone 5s somehow became un-laminated from the LCD panel (not sure how) so I took it to the Appel store. They ran a diagnostic on the phone and I noticed my battery health was around 90-ish percent; possibly 88/89% health. They were obviously unable to fix my screen so they gave me a new iPhone. Assuming this new iPhone has 100% health (maybe even more), I decided to check to see if it, too would suffer the battery drain that my previous 5s experienced. Short answer: yes. I'm pretty much convinced that it's a software issue and not a hardware issue.

You're right it's a software problem, I upgraded this week from iphone 5 to iphone 5S. The battery problem I had with the 5 (at 9 pm got 20% battery remaining after a day use) and it's exactly the same with the 5S ! So Not a problem of an one year battery (with the 5) ! Sure replacing an "old" iphone 4 or 4S battery with a brand new one has real beneffits.

Eager to get 7.1 because suddendly the baterry life with 7.0.4 got worse and anoyed with the lag of the icons when appearing in springboard from wake.

davelanger

macrumors 6502a
Mar 25, 2009
Ive done a restore and reset all settings, everything and nothing works. It just keeps getting worse . so for today I'm at 54% for only 1 hour 42 minutes of usage and 4 hours 49 mins of standby.

I remember when I first got my phone (4S) I was getting 8 hours of usage and could get over 24 hours of stand by time.

Most of the time I could go two days without having to recharge, Now I can barely go 8 hours before needing to recharge.

Prof.

macrumors 603
Aug 17, 2007
Chicagoland
Ive done a restore and reset all settings, everything and nothing works. It just keeps getting worse . so for today I'm at 54% for only 1 hour 42 minutes of usage and 4 hours 49 mins of standby.

I remember when I first got my phone (4S) I was getting 8 hours of usage and could get over 24 hours of stand by time.

Most of the time I could go two days without having to recharge, Now I can barely go 8 hours before needing to recharge.
You have to do a restore and set up as new phone. Do NOT restore from backup. Worked for me.

Make sure you save all your photos and music first...

davelanger

macrumors 6502a
Mar 25, 2009
You have to do a restore and set up as new phone. Do NOT restore from backup. Worked for me.

Make sure you save all your photos and music first...

I did that. I even redownloaded all my apps manually from the iTunes store.

Doing that actually made it worse for some reason.

Max(IT)

Suspended
Dec 8, 2009
Italy

The first clearly has a faulty battery.

go1711

macrumors newbie
Mar 25, 2014
i just ordered one off of ebay for 13 bucks shipped. It is OEM and comes with all the same tools as the ifixit kit. The seller has 100% feedback adn has sold countless kits.

are you satisfied with the new battery from ebay?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.