Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!
  • Did you order new AirTags? We've opened a dedicated AirTags forum.

Markyyy

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 1, 2013
Open the 'Settings' app. Tap 'Wallpapers & Brightness'. Tap it again.

Can anyone confirm this?

benji888

macrumors 68000
Sep 27, 2006
United States
I can't do that on my iPhone 5 at the moment, however, during the betas, the Settings app would crash, especially if you opened Wallpapers & Brightness. It's getting better, but, Settings still crashes sometimes for me, but, far less often than it did.

Comment

Arran

macrumors 601
Mar 7, 2008
Atlanta, USA
I can't do that on my iPhone 5 at the moment, however, during the betas, the Settings app would crash, especially if you opened Wallpapers & Brightness. It's getting better, but, Settings still crashes sometimes for me, but, far less often than it did.

I don't think it's possible to do it on an iPhone because you need to tap Wallpapers & Brightness a second time after the screen showing your current wallpaper selections opens.

On ipad, it splits the screen, so the settings menu is still visible at that point. On the iPhone, the wallpaper screen slides on top of the settings menu, so you can't tap (or even see) the menu options.

Comment

jonasdamn

macrumors 6502a
Mar 4, 2013
settings, safari crashing for me maybe one, two times a day. Have restored as new iPhone 5, iPad mini. There are a lot of bugs, UI glitches which wasnt fixed on 7.0.3.

Comment

jenzjen

macrumors 68000
Aug 20, 2010
Same here on a iPhone 5s only after updating to 7.0.3. It doesn't happen every time but have done 2 complete wipes and still seeing springboard crashes.

Comment

Triangle Man

macrumors member
Sep 24, 2012
Same here on a iPhone 5s only after updating to 7.0.3. It doesn't happen every time but have done 2 complete wipes and still seeing springboard crashes.

I've had my 5s for 2 weeks now and haven't hat a single springboard crash. Maybe it's one of your third party apps?

Comment

jenzjen

macrumors 68000
Aug 20, 2010
Again here on the 5s, this time I unlocked the phone to view a text (noise went off) so as soon as I unlocked and hit messages, spring board crash. I seem to think it is related to my turning reduce motion "on" so will turn that back off.

Comment

Mazda 3s

macrumors 6502
Oct 29, 2006
Why would anyone tap it twice?

I've always wondered the same thing...

nancy_grace_1.jpg

Comment

ekiro

macrumors regular
Oct 25, 2013
I was hoping 7.0.3 would solve some of the UI glitches (specifically in the animations when minimizing apps) but that doesn't seem to be the case. They appear to have slightly improved it, but it's not up to Apple's traditional level of polish. Hope to see some more polish come in 7.0.4. And yes, there are the random crashes and freezes and lags. Frustrating but we'll have to wait it out... =/

Comment

Armen

macrumors 604
Apr 30, 2013
Los Angeles
Open the 'Settings' app. Tap 'Wallpapers & Brightness'. Tap it again.

Can anyone confirm this?

It's not hard to make settings crash. It's been doing it since Beta 1 LOL.

The new crash I like is the one associated with iTunes Radio that actually resprings the phone when you mess with editing your stations.

Comment

jenzjen

macrumors 68000
Aug 20, 2010
Not ideal, but my crashes have stopped since I turned reduce motion back to "off"

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.