iOS 7.1 Beta 5 Issue

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by adminaaah, Feb 5, 2014.

1. adminaaah macrumors member

Hi,

Is anyone else having an issue with the battery on iOS 7.1 beta 5. I've DFU restored as clean and i'm still having an issue with the battery. It was charged to 100% at 9:30 in the night and woke up around 7:30 in the morning and the battery was at 94%. I think that is really crazy. I have background refresh disabled all locations services disabled. (Anything you can name i have it disabled).

Here's a snapshot: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5kaDFDMK0TYYVlqaWJNeDFtVk11ZWpGYTVXQWNpWU5wejhN/edit?usp=sharing

Please help!!!

Thanks!

2. adminaaah thread starter macrumors member

Anyone??? By the way I have already gotten my battery checked and it is alright.

3. c0LdFire macrumors regular

Losing 6% over the course of 10 hours is incredible, especially if you have piss poor signal while it's idle. Stop being OCD. It's fine.

4. C DM macrumors Westmere

Keep an eye on it over a number of charge cycles over a number of days to get an idea of an average battery life and then see how it compares to what it was like before. One might, especially after an update/restore is hardly an indicator of anything one way or another.

5. stooovie macrumors 6502a

Or, just move on. That will improve your (battery) life the most.

6. GreyOS macrumors 68030

GreyOS

I'm not sure if you're saying this is really bad or really good.

Losing 0.6% per hour is a battery life of 167 hours, or 7 days. That's fine. Relax.

7. The Doctor11 macrumors 603

The Doctor11

Yeah I agree.

8. abshole765 macrumors 6502a

Bruh. Battery life on practically any smartphone is shlt.

Live with it.

9. SomeGuyDude macrumors 6502a

SomeGuyDude

Holy crap that's terrible. At that rate your phone will die if you don't charge it by Sunday!

10. adminaaah thread starter macrumors member

Really.. I never knew that was considered good. So then standby is alright i guess but I was streaming a 10 minute video and it went down by 6% in 10 minutes.

Can anyone tell me what usage time I should get around every 10%?

And I read somewhere that you have to recalabriate the battery or something. Does that work?

11. C DM macrumors Westmere

Theres really no particular number. See how the phone performs over a number of cycles over a number of days to get a general number and go off of that. Going by some sort of 10% decrements is practically meaningless as the battery can and does discharge at different rates at different times in different locations with different usage.

12. adminaaah thread starter macrumors member

Oh ok. Thanks for explaining that. I have one more question does the battery die faster when there is low signal because i noticed that at home i get 1 or 2 signal bars and then when i am outside i get 5 signals and the battery drops much much slower.

13. btsvchris macrumors member

Low Signal= faster battery loss

14. bbfc macrumors 68030

bbfc

Switch on wifi when in doors and you will save battery.

15. adminaaah thread starter macrumors member

Wait to if I switch on wifi and turn off cellular I will still be able to make/receive calls. And turning on wifi and turning off cellular will improve signal?

Sorry i'm very new to all this:)

16. GreyOS macrumors 68030

GreyOS

17. adminaaah thread starter macrumors member

Ok... sorry as I said i'm new to all this.

I really really appreciate all the help I got! :)

I'll post back after a few days to show how my battery's doing!

Thanks!

18. bkends35 macrumors 6502a

bkends35

An issue in a beta? Never heard of that before. This is why non developers shouldn't be running beta software, they think it's a stable version.

19. C DM macrumors Westmere

Or people know what it is and simply want to see if others are also experiencing it and what they might have done differently or specifically that might have fixed it if they are experiencing it.

20. sbailey4 macrumors 68030

sbailey4

No just turn on wifi, it will automatically use that over cellular. Unless of course there is no wifi available, then you should turn it off but I typically leave it on all the time and turn off the "ask to join" and have no battery issues at all. You didnt mention (that I saw) what device you are using. So go to Apples web site and look at technical specs for x iPhone. That will show you what type of MAX usage to expect for your particular model. Dont get tied up if it states 225 hrs std by and you only get 215. Its all relevant to other usage. But again dont sweat it as your posted numbers doesn't look bad for any device (other than iPad maybe.)

21. dannyyankou macrumors 603

dannyyankou

22. adminaaah thread starter macrumors member

Alright well I went through and got to 1 percent of charge remaining.

(I have an iPhone 5)

My usage times were: ~16 hrs. standby and 4hours and 23 minutes of usage.
    To me I think that is not good. On iOS 6 I had the same exact phone using it in the manner and easily got around 8-9 hours of usage and a day and a half of standby. :confused:

Does this have to do with iOS 7?

23. Zmanbaseball2 macrumors 68040

Zmanbaseball2

iOS 7.1 Beta 5 Issue

That's why there is a market for battery cases and battery packs

24. adminaaah thread starter macrumors member

I don't understand why I have to buy a phone and then buy a battery pack just to make the phone do what it should be doing in the first place. I've had to disable most things in iOS like background app refresh and etc. then whats the point of having all those features if im going to have to disable them just to get better battery. (Which im still not getting; maybe like a 10-15 min improvement with location services and things off)

25. C DM macrumors Westmere

While the numbers aren't good it's probably good to keep an eye on a few more cycles to see what those numbers are like and get a better idea if numbers are like that are actually fairly usual or more of an exception of some sort.