iOS 7.1 or whatever is next update will be

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by Breitling65, Jan 17, 2014.

1. Breitling65 macrumors 6502

When should we expect release to the everyone? I am thinking of selling my Air if crashes will continue after next update and I need to plan ahead to get something with android for vacation and other travels.

2. oVerboost macrumors 6502a

"The everyone" should expect it February/March depending on how much the developers want to change stuff like they have been doing, shouldn't be too long now though :)

3. Krazy Bill macrumors 68030

Krazy Bill

I sure have been reading a lot of crash reports around here. I get one maybe every 3 weeks or so and never get one of those "hard" resets where the Apple logo appears. It's always some new app that just craps out. I use an iPad probably 6-8 hours a day.

Safari even works fine for me but then again, I have no need for a gazillion tabs open at once. I can even display and navigate nin.com. :)

So... you're all using iOS7 wrong. :D

4. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

My favorite part is how he's going to sell his Air and get an Android tablet? That's like selling a Lexus and buying a KIA.

5. Menel macrumors 603

Menel

If the Lexus is breaking down every morning and you can't get to work.

Badge is irrelevant. The Kia would be an upgrade.

6. jonasdamn macrumors 6502a

I'm also bothered by safari crashes and resprings on my 5S but won't trade it for android device, too big downgrade would be :D had before android and won't use it again...
    Ofcourse a bit pissed that it takes so long to fix those annoying bugs.

7. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

a few things:

1. There are no mass reports of the iPad Air crashing or being unstable which leads me to believe it's his iPad that has the issue.

2. I dont see any indication that he has tried anything like a restore or what not to resolve his issues.

3. If random crashes on his Air are making him Ragesell his iPAd I'd hate to see what happens when he runs into the shortcomings of Android tablet.

8. Menel macrumors 603

Menel

Yes there are, all over the forum.

This thread even has several people chiming in they've seen it. Myself included.

9. richardbb85 macrumors 6502a

kia is probably more reliable

10. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

I'm sure it is. Along with it's lack of comfort, road noise and mediocre audio system.

----------

This forum does not represent the masses.

11. GreyOS macrumors 68030

GreyOS

I thought it was just well accepted that safari has been crashing a lot on iOS 7 (especially for iPads?)

I hear it all the time here and the only two non-geeky people I know with iPads have mentioned it

It's also well accepted that 7.1 fixes a lot of the safari crashes. I don't know if OP is referring to other crashes though.

12. snow755 macrumors 6502a

snow755

how many times dos this need too be ask

13. C DM macrumors Westmere

That could potentially extrapolate in the following way: if this forum represents only a very small fraction of the masses, and more than just one or a few people are running into similar issues, it's quite likely way more people are running into those issues outside this small group. Of course there are other interpretations of that as well, but this can certainly be a valid one too.

14. shandyman Suspended

it represents a small fraction, consisting of mostly what could be considered as power users probably using the device way way more than the average user.....

15. cynics macrumors G3

1. You should tell Apple they are wasting time fixing problems that don't exist. :)

But seriously goto Apple discussions. Lots and lots of new users reporting crashing issues with iOS 7 and especially the Air and 5S. A lot are fixed in iOS 7.1.

Personally my 4S has been fine. I can make safari crash intentionally on my 4S, iPad 3, and my friends 5S and iPad 4 though. Supposedly that's fixed in 7.1 and the fact I have to force it to happen makes it a non issue for me.

----------

OP: I'd hold out for an update. I never had a problem with Android but when it comes to tablets I've still find the iPad in a league of its own. Obviously opinions will vary but if you could wait till 7.1 update I think it would be worth it.

16. bkribbs macrumors 65816

Actually... Pulled that up on my rMini and it crashed. Lame.

17. Breitling65, Jan 18, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2014

Breitling65 thread starter macrumors 6502

You should go away and walk sometimes, apple is not really Lexus anymore. I would say without Jobs it is broken Lexus ...

----------

Absolutely, iphone 5s for sure is my last iphone. iPad crashing is very upsetting. I love my MBPR however.

----------

as many times as I like

----------

Again you are in 5 years old world in your head, not anymore and especially after Jobs is gone.

----------

Not just Safari, lately it was lots of system restarts with apple logo. It is time to fix iOS7 or admit that we have hardware issues in latest devices. Apple should not stay quiet for so long, iOS7 needs update badly and not for Chinese fonts or some other cra. as they normally do!!!

----------

Sorry, but neither app should cause restart iPad Air, that is pretty much as blue screen on Windows 95 we use to have. It is crap.y OS that could allow such things or maybe hardware issues apple should finally admit to the public and start recalls to fix them for free.

I own all possible apple devices since ipods about 8 years ago, neither are behaving like one running on iOS7, also first ipad I wish to sell because of issues after owning all ipad models besides very first one.

18. bkends35 macrumors 6502a

bkends35

Actually, Lexus was rated the #1 most reliable car brand, Kia wasn't even in the top ten. :rolleyes:

19. rdinterman macrumors member

rdinterman

I crack up over the "self-important" people on this forum who state "If Apple doesn't...then I'm selling my iPxxx".
    Please, just move on to Android or Windows Phone or Blackberry, I am absolutely sure THEY will respond to your needs much better than Apple.
    Really, get over yourself. Every device OS has its issues and I'll take Apple all day over any of the others.

20. seble macrumors 6502a

Wrong, my iPad air has a daily 'purge' restart. Never more (knock on wood) never less, so fricking annoying!

21. Aluminum213 macrumors 68040

Aluminum213

That's a boldface lie, every forum that talks iPad Air has the number 1 complaint about the random crashing happening frequently for everyone

22. The Doctor11 macrumors 603

The Doctor11

I think early February but I want to go on record right now and call February by 19th for sure.

23. Breitling65 thread starter macrumors 6502

So? Crack whatever you like why do you need to post first place?

----------

Thanks! I hope they will fix something more important than fonts this time.

----------

How is that about Lexus? Apple is not Lexus anymore, just go any local store and try Samsung.

24. iPodJedi macrumors 6502a

iPodJedi

I know i cant believe how often safari crashes on my ipad mini- i am praying the issue will be fixed.