iOS 7 and Jailbreaking

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Ay_Zimmy, Aug 7, 2013.

1. Ay_Zimmy macrumors 6502

Seeing the features that have come about, what new windows of opportunity for jailbreaking do you see?

I really only see a mass amount of dynamic wallpapers, which would be worth it enough for me, and also control center modifications.

Anyone else have any ideas what could emerge?

2. cchunk macrumors 6502

There is already a tweak for those dynamic wallpapers if you didnt know. I would think that Cydia will get a total UI makeover. Its been the same basically since it started.

3. AngerDanger macrumors 68030

AngerDanger

Perhaps somebody could release a tweak that enables AirDrop transfers between iOS 7 and OS X.

4. kmichalec macrumors 6502a

5. aPple nErd macrumors 68030

aPple nErd

6. redbeard331, Aug 7, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2013

redbeard331 macrumors 6502a

redbeard331

Yup, or to be more precise, about 6000 themes to make it not so fugly..

I imagine Jaku and MiOS updated for iOS 7 will have it looking really good.

7. Kaiser99 macrumors member

I'm a constant user of swipeselection so that's a must for me but looking through my other tweaks I think most are covered by the IOS now, wouldn't mind a multitasking tweak like quasar as I'm and ipad user but I'm not that bothered about it. Wouldn't mind an airdrop tweak for iPad 3rd gen also if it possible I know there was lots of talk that it should be possible with a 3G version so here's hoping.

8. Superman80 macrumors regular

9. mdwsta4 macrumors 65816

There will always be smaller tweaks/enhancements that jailbreaking will offer.

Oddly enough, I removed all traces of iOS7 on my iPhone 5 that I've been using for the past few months (via themes and tweaks) and actually prefer iOS6 lookswise. I'm using Beta 5 on my iPad for testing and while it's not bad, in general I seem to like most things in iOS6 (aesthetically) over iOS7.

10. TriJetHero macrumors 601

TriJetHero

I persume most of us will update to iOS 7 when a JB for it comes along regardless of aesthetics.

11. Ay_Zimmy thread starter macrumors 6502

I'm talking like other dynamic wallpapers.. maybe ones that actually have movement in them constantly kind of like android does.. Like... uh, maybe a dark sky with shooting stars as lame as that is I think its a good example lol