iPhone iOS 7 animations

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by wsc9005, Jul 21, 2013.

1. wsc9005 macrumors regular

Just had a chance to run iOS 7 on an iPhone 5. I hope in the final release version, they will add a magic button to minimise/disable unnecessary animations. They're taking too long at the moment :(

2. batting1000 macrumors 604

Well this warranted an entirely new thread...

3. jonnyb098 macrumors 68020

Ditto, this convo is in a lot of other threads.

4. Gogurt48 macrumors 6502a

Gogurt48

Yes, it's buried in lots of other threads. That's why it warrants one of its own, if the OP wants it.

I'm not directing this at anyone in particular, but I don't know why so many people around here complain about new threads being made if the topic has been discussed already somewhere else. So what? Do they charge by the thread around here? :)

On topic, I like the new animations. It'll be great if they speed them up, but I won't mind much if they don't.

5. DerekS macrumors 6502

People need to get over iOS7. It is what it is. Accept it, or switch.

6. Mrg02d macrumors 65816

I also love the new animations. Makes iOS look so much more ALIVE!

I used to miss android, now I won't at all. iOS 7 is android done RIGHT.

7. AngerDanger macrumors 68030

AngerDanger

I genuinely love each iOS 7 animation, (like a mother loves her children… well, no) but I wouldn't mind if they were all sped up quite a bit.

8. Rogifan macrumors P6

Rogifan

I have to believe by the time iOS 7 ships they will be. IMO iOS 7 is quite different than previous betas because of how much they did in a short amount of time. I think Apple rushed to have a beta ready by WWDC, and these early betas in some ways are more alpha than beta.

9. scrmtrey macrumors regular

scrmtrey

debuging take some time overall in beta ios, so major reason is debuging for being slow and also un-optimized code

10. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

Perhaps. Apple has given users options on animations in the past. Example, the "Genie Effect" on minimizing apps into the Dock of OS X. You can choose that or the plain effect.

11. Shuri macrumors 6502

Well they gave those options in OS X, but i highly doubt they will do so in iOS as they always wanted to keep it as simple as possible.

In the past they always kept animations and productivity in balance and I'm optimistic that it's going to be good.

12. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

Same thing they said about OS X. Yet, they were still there. One can dream.

13. BigMar89 macrumors 6502

I dig the animations but they need to either speed them up or speed up the touch responsiveness. Currently one has to wait for the animation to finish to interact with the touch screen.

14. AngerDanger macrumors 68030

AngerDanger

You're almost certainly right. The betas seem to be about bug fixes, optimization, and providing access to developers. My major issues are cosmetic, and as we learned a little while ago, even Apple is scrambling to address cosmetic issues. I'm sure the GM will be great. :apple:

15. C DM macrumors Westmere

Doesn't seem like this is really burried in some threads that are specifically and exactly about the same thing, like http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1611268.

They already have a fairly long ongoing discussion, which will end up simply being redone all over for no reason in duplicate threads like this one.