iOS 7 Beta 4: Notifications Bug

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by Gogurt48, Jul 31, 2013.

1. Gogurt48 macrumors 6502a

Gogurt48

Apologies if this has already been discussed. I searched for it, but couldn't find it.

This morning I discovered I wasn't receiving any notifications. Not for email or messages or anything. I performed a hard restart, and when the phone came back on, a small flood of missed notifications came streaming in. Has this happened to anyone else?

2. DDustiNN macrumors 65816

DDustiNN

It's been happening to me, but no one else seems to care.

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1608353

It's really odd that this would only be happening to such a small number of people. No idea what the cause is, but everything worked perfectly fine in beta 2.

What phone/service are you running? I'm using an iPhone 5 on Verizon.

3. kmichalec macrumors 6502a

Sorry, but i haven't seen this issue on Beta 4 to date. Was it just a one time thing, or does it keep happening again?

4. lsutigerfan1976 macrumors 68000

iPhone 5 with Verizon. No notifications for me either. I am running beta 4 from a clean install. Occasionally no calls too. Oddly my iPad mini wifi only is running the latest beta. It gets all the notifications. It is just my iPhone that drives me nuts.

5. Gogurt48 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Gogurt48

Me, too. iPhone 5 with Verizon. I guess I'd better file a bug report with Apple.

----------

This is the first time I noticed it.

6. C DM macrumors Westmere

Been happening on and off at least since beta 3 for me. Seems to be more common with some apps vs others for some reason.

7. KentuckyHouse macrumors 68020

KentuckyHouse

It sounds like this is a Verizon iPhone 5 issue (at least from this small group of respondents).

I've got an AT&T iPhone 5, OTA updated to beta 4 from beta 3, and I haven't had this issue.

8. kmpoboy2 macrumors 6502

kmpoboy2

It happened to me since beta 3. So far it hasn't happened in beta 4.

I think I had it identified to the music app while using headphones if I disconnected the headphones without closing the app while a song was playing.

I believe that what caused it for me.

9. The Flying Kite macrumors regular

I've got an AT&T iPhone 5 updated OTA that has a similar problem. I still get the actual messages, I'm just not notified of them. No banner notification when it's selected in Settings, and sometimes a sound/vibration.

10. GrantMeThePower macrumors regular

I've experienced this also. Verizon iPhone 5.

11. AndreaMate macrumors newbie

Same problem here, I've called for support but no answer yet

12. Chocolatemilty macrumors 6502a

It's a definite Beta 4 bug. My AT&T 4S is exhibiting the same behavior.

13. Loman78 macrumors newbie

mail push notification, I have solved

Hi to All, after update to iOS7 beta 4 all mail push notification didn't work. After a lot of time I understand where was the problem. To fix the push notification in My case I opened Settings->iTunes Store and App Store-> and I have removed the Apple ID from the phone and after I have re - insert my Apple ID. After this operation the push notifications work great!

I hope this can help someone, Bye!

Lorenzo

14. aDRock1154 macrumors 65816

aDRock1154

15. Loman78 macrumors newbie

mail push notification

Hi to All, after update to iOS7 beta 4 all mail push notification didn't work. After a lot of time I understand where was the problem. To fix the push notification in My case I opened Settings->iTunes Store and App Store-> and I have removed the Apple ID from the phone and after I have re - insert my Apple ID. After this operation the push notifications work great!

I hope this can help someone, Bye!

Lorenzo

16. mirzank macrumors regular

i'm having issues with push notifications too, but to a limited extent. mainly my whatsapp notifications wont work. no sound, no badge icos, no on screen display. tried resetting notifications from within whatsapp. tried turning on and off from notification centre in settings. tried reinstalling app. reset network settings. nothing helps. started with beta 4. as far as i can notice my other apps dont have issues.

17. bbfc macrumors 68030

bbfc

Happens to me all the time.

18. The Tos macrumors 6502a

I am seeing the same. Verizon iPhone 4 iOS 7 Beta 4. Its happening mainly with tweebot and text messages. I wont get a notification for tweebot, then ill get a bunch at once. For texts, the banner doesnt show up, but I get the app banner numerical notification. A hard reset usually corrects the messages error.