Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Suspended
Original poster
Apr 4, 2009
nahu8asa.jpg

So far so good :)

Garyx24

macrumors newbie
Sep 16, 2013
54wpyd.png

average battery life I guess. Charged it before bed last night and it lasted me whole day at school mostly on LTE, using facebook, instagram, four square check ins, twitter, weather, email, texting. Then used it at the gym for music about an hour 30mins. I restored it from my IOS 6 backup, didnt wanna start new and lose everything.

naasrd

macrumors 6502
Apr 30, 2008
Dublin, Ireland
Was seeing a drastic change in battery usage since installing the GM, was getting usage of around 4 hrs. Working backwards and deleting new apps this morning I deleted a recently installed app, Twitter, and noticed a remarkable improvement within 30 minutes and now I'm back to my previous average. Push was on and maybe that was eating thought my juice? Either way in the hope it may be of help I thought I'd pass it on.

oVerboost

macrumors 68000
Sep 17, 2013
United Kingdom
My battery life was terrible, woke up and barely used the phone and it was on 86%! Have since deleted all my apps and fresh installed them, leaving out a fair few I never use too, and so far it seems a lot better. However I did also notice my phones charging port isn't tight, so going to pop into Apple later and see what they can do as it's out of warranty Friday!

Soyox

macrumors member
Jun 13, 2013
on iphone 4

usage 4h37m
standby 15h27m

left: 25%

in beta 6 it last a bit longer imo.

pd. i wanna change my battery for one brand new its almost 2 years since i got it.

frostyisgod

macrumors newbie
Aug 17, 2013
I've been getting worse battery life with iOS 7 compared to IOS 6.

I have literally everything turned even parallax, and I'm only getting 5 hours of usage out of the phone. This is pretty much 95% surfing the web with a little game time in their. I even turned on parallax as I do like that feature and with it on it didn't seem to drain any worse then usual, maybe others can test to see if parallax is a huge drain or not, as I would like to leave it on since the odd time I see the home screen it looks cool.

MacOG728893

macrumors 68000
Sep 10, 2010
Orange County CA
I agree. The battery seems to drain way faster in iOS7 in comparison to iOS6. I have Bluetooth off and WiFi off, which I turn them on occasionally.

Initially when I installed iOS 7 GM coming from iOS 6.1.4, I noticed a drastic decrease in battery life. I can't explain how, but since a week ago when I first installed it, my battery life has gone back to where it was at with iOS 6.

Only thing I can think of is many of my apps are finally being updated for iOS 7, possibly improving my overall battery life.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.