iOS 7 GM is still BETA for me.

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by SilentFisher, Sep 11, 2013.

1. SilentFisher macrumors member

iPad is a very important device for me, I'm working on it in my school. On iOS 6 everything was so smooth and fast. Now even in GM iOS 7 is slow and buggy. It is unacceptable for me. I have chosen Apple because one year ago it was the best tablet you can get, now it's slow buggy and even keyboard now is very slow. I'm very disappointed.

What're your thoughts?

2. makotoisle macrumors 6502

Did you do a clean install?

I dunno, this is the exact opposite of my experience.

3. Nikhil72 macrumors 6502a

I wish I could make this a sticky. If your keyboard is slow or sluggish and you've restored from backup, do a Reset All Settings and that should do the trick. It seems to have worked for others and it definitely did the trick for me.

4. leanh1991 macrumors newbie

I did a clean restore on my iPhone 4S and set up as NEW phone.
    Guess what I have?
    Animations are still slow, stuttering in multitasking, visual bugs still happened.
    You can see the sluggish animations when entering default apps from multitasking tray.
    Thats sad to know this is nearly final stage of iOS 7. I have to revert back to 6.1.3 and wondered what happened with Apple engineers?

5. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

If I remember correctly the iPad version of iOS 7 was going to be released later this year. I don't know if iOS 7 GM is optimized for the iPad.

6. ionjohn macrumors 65816

ionjohn

Nobody obliged you to update, now if you're gonna update to unreleased software, you must deal with the issues that came out of it

7. SakuraSuki macrumors 6502

Except the GM is the one going to me release next week. Face it, update iOS is one way ticket and it is annoying as hell

8. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

Why does it matter to you? Aren't you using a Nexus phone now?

9. bbfc macrumors 68030

bbfc

Runs perfectly fine on my 4S. No sluggish animations or visual bugs at all.

10. SakuraSuki macrumors 6502

Because I still have iPad and iPod Touch?

11. abshole765 macrumors 6502a

Animations might not be sluggish but they're still slow.

12. MozMan68 macrumors 68000

MozMan68

It was pretty bad on my iPad 2, but the GM seems to be running just fine with a straight update on Windows.

For those saying it isn't still a beta, the iOS may not be, but third party apps are still being optimized and updated.

My only "serious" issues have involved those and not the iOS itself other than the small bugs that were identified.

13. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

Fair enough.

14. HolidaySeason macrumors member

Runs perfect on my iPhone 5 (came from b6 and did a clean install and restored via iCloud). I didn't install it on my iPad 3 (retina + old charger) yet. I heard it's not so great for the iPads yet (so i didn't update it). Only issue for me on iPad with B6 is the occasional lock up when exiting apps and having to hold power/home to bounce it.

15. AaronMT macrumors regular

AaronMT

I've been seeing this too on a completely fresh installation on my iPad 3 (WiFi). In general, the OS is much more sluggish and slower than iOS6. Setting a still image (stock wallpaper) takes 8-10 seconds for the thumbnail to enlarge and another 8-10 seconds to actually set the wallpaper.

I'm not sure how this passed Apple performance testing in QA labs.

16. AmazingGraceTx macrumors regular

AmazingGraceTx

iOS 7 doesn't feel "finished" to me.

Nothing I can pin point exactly, but to me, it just doesn't feel like a flawless finished product that I would expect from Apple. I love iOS 7, but my first thought after seeing the GM was "is this it?" Anyone else feel this way, or is this a me problem?

17. MozMan68 macrumors 68000

MozMan68

18. Bacong macrumors 68020

Bacong

..kinda. It doesn't feel all that different from Beta 5/6 from what I remember. But they'll continue refining it. It'll get better.

19. jadot macrumors 6502

jadot

Yep. It's you.

20. typecase macrumors 6502

typecase

I agree. It feels the least polished to me. The paralax animations are still jerky on my iPhone 5, it broke mail from being able to retrieve messages from my IMAP server no matter how many times I replaced the settings. As a whole it works, but it needs more shine.

21. bbfc macrumors 68030

bbfc

I'll agree with you there. I only wish they would speed up the unlock animation. That's the only issue I have.

----------

I think we'll see 7.1 pretty soon, or at least a small update to correct some outstanding issues.

22. C DM macrumors Westmere

Animations related to going into and out of apps, folders, recent apps/multitasking could all use some speeding up (in addition to the unlock animation).

As for 7.1 or even 7.0.1, that's the equivalent of what a lot of people were saying when we were in beta and that GM will fix all kinds of things. Well, as we can clearly see, a number of them are clearly still there. Don't think going to 7.0.1 or 7.1 will necessarily mean they will be addressed (or new ones won't be introduced). Kind of makes it a moot statement (just like all those "it's a beta"/"wait for GM" statements were when it came to a number of these things, like animation duration).

23. apollo1444 macrumors 65816

24. DoctorKrabs, Sep 11, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2013

DoctorKrabs macrumors 6502a

DoctorKrabs

It is still acting like a beta. I have seen no bug fixes from Beta 6 to GM and it pisses me off that they are actually shipping it out.
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=h9NQdIbSLHg
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=GEtK5K9ie20
    I showcase all bugs I can recreate and most have been present since at least Beta 4.
    Maybe a 7.0.1 can be released instead because this is not a final product.

ALSO: Where's the receding video player?

25. Delorean2006 macrumors 6502a

to me everything is running real smooth but the problem i just started running into is that of my phone is starting to run real hot again, i never had it run hot with iOS 6, it ran warm but not hot and its running hot…still and i have the GM release and did a clean install of it, set the phone up as brand new, I'm running an iPhone 5