iPhone iOS 7 GM speculation thread (release date)

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by apollo1444, Aug 28, 2013.

1. apollo1444 macrumors 65816

now that we know iOS 7 beta 7 is unlikely when do you think we'll get the GM before the general public? my guess is monday

2. Menel macrumors 603

Menel

With iOS5 and 6, it came out a week before keynote. So with that rumored and expected on 9/10. Don't expect GM before 9/3.

3. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I suspect it will be a little before or even a little after 9/10

4. madsci954 macrumors 68030

Whenever the invites for the (alleged) Sep 10 event are sent out.

5. Cougarcat macrumors 604

No, GMs come out the day of the keynote, because they have support for new features of the next device. It'll come no earlier than the 10th.

6. zemaker macrumors regular

Don't expect it before the 10th. So far the GM has always been released on the day of the keynote.

7. HussamRaed macrumors regular

HussamRaed

If we look back into iOS 6's GM release history, It would be on the day of the new iPhone's announcement, which is Sep 10th.

8. KeanosMagicHat macrumors 65816

Sorry to be blunt, but this thread is kinda pointless isn't it?

The GM will come out on the day of the launch event and will be available to download at the end of said event.

No speculation required.

:)

9. Menel macrumors 603

Menel

ooops
    I was thinking of the week delay from keynote to GA. Had the week on the wrong side of the keynote.

:(

crap. 9/10... the wait is on.

10. apollo1444 thread starter macrumors 65816

I don't think they will release the (GM) on the day of the keynote because the "nuance news" said the GA will release on the 10th.

----------

yes spectulation is required because according to the "nunace news" a few days ago, apple will launch iOS 7 for everyone on the 10th which doesn't make sense because Apple usually releases a GM a week before the general public release.

11. OneMike macrumors 601

OneMike

My bet is on GM the day of the event as well.

12. Cougarcat macrumors 604

That was almost certainly just a typo.

And if you think about it, they can't release the final that day because developers need the GM beforehand to submit their apps. The GM contains information about the new iPhone features so it can't be released before the keynote.

13. jeremiah239 macrumors 6502a

jeremiah239

Last year the GM was released the day of the event (Just like the year before) and the GA was released to the public the day the new iPhones launched 10 or so days later.

14. C DM macrumors Westmere

It seems like that part of it all has been discussed fairly well in threads about it already, like the one at http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?p=17800215 (among other ones).

----------

That's basically what the most likely scenario is given all the current information.

15. WhackyNinja macrumors 68000

WhackyNinja

GM: Sept. 10th
    Release: Sept. 18th or somewhere around there.

16. LostSoul80 macrumors 68020

LostSoul80

17. benji888 macrumors 65816

benji888

yes, then, at least one of the new iphones on friday 20th.

Looks like BGR was correct...they stated beta 6 would be the last, and out "next monday" and it was out hours later, but then they restated that beta 6 was the last...I was wrong, I thought we'd have a 7 or even 8, but, since nothing this week, next will be GM.

My biggest question, though, is, what about iPads? Shouldn't there be another beta for those as they are behind?

18. C DM macrumors Westmere

But then BGR was on it the next week saying there was doing to be another beta on Monday and then that it was delayed but will be out still...and nothing came of any of that. So not really right after all.

19. benji888 macrumors 65816

benji888

oh, I missed that. Well, I just looked and they thought there would still be a new beta on Aug. 19th, which didn't happen. :confused:

So, I just think, it's been long enough that, from all I've read, the next up is GM. I mean, even though it's not perfect yet, beta 6 is fairly stable on my iPhone 5. (It does still respring on occasion for whatever reason, usually music is going at the time. And it can be glitchy, some things just aren't working quite right yet.).

I'm just not sure what they will do as far as the iPads. I mean, new iPads come later, so, when they do the GM for iPhone, will that be a GM for iPad as well, or will they do another beta only for iPads, or will they have a second GM for iPads? :confused: