Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

LordQ

Suspended
Sep 22, 2012
I do hope Apple uses Avenir, it's the most beautiful font I've ever seen.

Actually, I have it as my default font with BytaFont and iOS looks totally different and beautiful.

Naxters

macrumors newbie
May 24, 2013
I prefer Avenir too. This is one of the most beautiful fonts that i have see.
I hope that Apple use this concept.

seble

macrumors 6502a
Sep 6, 2010
Thanks for all the comments.

Heres some updated versions based on what some of you have said:

I've made the font less heavy & made the gradients on the ON/OFF toggles less steep.

And heres a version using Helvetica Neue (I still prefer Avenir):

Avenir is nicer but I see you used it as a thicker font, maybe go for the 'medium oblique' version or something ;) Love the concept by the way! Flat nad apple ish. Only thing I might perhaps do is give those icons different colours such as DND being purple, notifications being green to make differentiation a little easier

GoGa

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 5, 2012
Heres a quick version of Messages app in the same style:

iOS%207%20-%20Messages%20Blue.png

Patriot24

macrumors 68030
Dec 29, 2010
California
Nice job, OP. I think you're on the right track based on the rumors we've heard thus far.

I agree with some of the other posters that have said that Settings will have more utility (expose Bluetooth and Wifi toggles at the top level like Airplane mode, etc).

For messages, you're missing some of the common elements that exist today I think are helpful:

• Date and time indicators for the beginning of exchanges
  • Delivered/Read indicators on latest message sent
  • Timestamp on latest message sent

I also wonder if they are interested in adding avatars like Messages on Mac or if they feel it is unnecessary or consumes too much space? Maybe they could add the avatar to the left of the person's name you're texting? These kinds of visual queues are helpful so that you don't message the wrong person, etc.

GoGa

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 5, 2012
Music app:
iOS%207%20-%20Music.png

With the album open:
iOS%207%20-%20Music%20Open.png

Key points:
• iTunes 11 style
• The Now playing button colour changes to the playing songs album art colour.
• New tab bar that gets rid of the visual clutter (this would be used in all apps, not just music). You can swipe left to access the other tabs. You can also tap and hold to change the order of them.

CalmEnvy

macrumors 6502a
Feb 9, 2008
I actually like these mockups a lot. Just wondering what you think the music player would like when the song is playing and you have the play/pause, fast forward, etc. Hopefully Apple is going this route.

AQUADock

macrumors 65816
Mar 20, 2011
Are you sure you didn't get a sneak peak of iOS 7? :p Keep them coming they look really nice.

Last edited:

seble

macrumors 6502a
Sep 6, 2010
Music app:

With the album open:

Key points:
• iTunes 11 style
• New tab bar that gets rid of the visual clutter (this would be used in all apps, not just music). You can swipe left to access the other tabs. You can also tap and hold to change the order of them.

You stole my idea! But hey I'll let you off as you made it look great ;)

cobbyco

macrumors 6502a
Aug 6, 2012
Music app:

With the album open:

Key points:
• iTunes 11 style

First off, it looks fantastic! Though I'm interested to see how this would work in landscape, considering how Apple have abandoned Cover Flow for iTunes 11.

But great work! I would be more than happy if this was iOS 7. I really am hoping you're an Apple employee undercover…

jbenkelman

macrumors 6502
May 4, 2009
I could really get used to an iPhone that looked like this, I would even settle for close. This is a beautiful representation of what a "flat" design should look like, and I really think that Apple will have something that rivals this in the way it looks and feels.

Great job putting this together. Is it June 10th yet? :apple:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.