iOS 7 "Temperature"

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by taptic, Jun 29, 2013.

1. taptic macrumors 65816

taptic

Anyone else having a "Temperature" screen coming up in iOS 7 that only allows for emergency calls until the phones cools down. I am, but the phone is never hot. After a max of 5 minutes it goes to that screen.

2. roadbloc macrumors G3

roadbloc

No ****. No harm in seeing anybody else has the bug. This doesn't look like one of them "OMG INSTALLED iOS7 SUXXX!!!1!!one!!" threads off idiots who don't realise that beta means it isn't finished yet.

3. taptic thread starter macrumors 65816

taptic

I know. I am actually getting ready to go bac to iOS 6. I was just wondering if anyone else experienced the same problem...

Here's a screenshot btw:

Attached Files:

4. Quercus Alba macrumors member

5. daviddth macrumors 6502a

daviddth

Not on the iPhone 5 or iPod Touch (They do complain of temp too I have seen) here, no.

6. XboxMySocks macrumors 68020

XboxMySocks

I know mate, I was just letting him know that failure is the expected option when using a beta and normal operation isn't the norm ;p

7. taptic thread starter macrumors 65816

taptic

Ok. I'll downgrade to iOS 6 and see what happens...

8. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Exactly. This BS where people simply reduce any issue to "it's beta" and move on is inane. THIS is what this forum is for. Not this crap where people only want to discuss the ****** icons while the OS is in it's beta version. While failure is expected, you can't just shrug off an issue. That's how stuff doesn't get fixed.
    No. The only instance the phone got real hot and I thought it was disabled was when I somehow entered the wrong pass code repeatedly while it was in my pocket. I was mowing the lawn and never touched the phone. The phone was disabled for 15 minutes.

OP:
    I haven't seen this yet. Could your phone itself be defective?

9. aimee.elizabeth macrumors 6502

I don't think he needs you to tell him that this is a beta and there are bugs. By saying things like that doesn't contribute anything to this thread or OP's problem. There's a whole thread dedicated to this attitude issue - http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1603204

On the other hand @OP, this is actually very interesting, haven't seen this happening yet. I've seen loads of reports on forums about devices running ios 7 getting really hot but don't think I've seen a warning screen yet. What were you doing when your temp was spiking and this came up? And I think it's probably best for you to either try and keep your phone cool if that's at all possible, or just downgrade if it's getting that hot, because being at a high temperature puts the phone's internal components at risk.

10. zhandri macrumors regular

i just received a new iphone 5 because on my old device the noise cancelling microphone was acting up and siri wasn't working. iOS 7 was fine on my old iphone 5. i had superb battery life and the phone was very cool all the time and now with the new one battery life is pure crap and the phone is soooo hot... can make scrambled eggs everywhere now. portable stove. it's really strange!

11. taptic thread starter macrumors 65816

taptic

I downgraded to iOS 6. Must be something else because it still comes up with the temperature screen (a little different looking, of course). I think I'll just sell it...

12. kiantech, Jun 29, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2013

kiantech macrumors regular

My iphone 5 got really hot twice. I closed all the apps and rebooted. This was before the screen came up.

13. ct2k7 macrumors 603

It might not be a bug. The phone might legitimately be hot.

14. Paddle1 macrumors 68020

If this screen is now showing:
    [​IMG]

on iOS 6, then it sounds like something is wrong with your phone, did this happen before you were on iOS 7? If not the beta may have caused an issue with your phone. It sounds like it needs to be repaired.

15. taptic thread starter macrumors 65816

taptic

It was not hot.

And to the above post: Yes. that's what it looks like now, but it wasn't doing that before the update. It had been shutting down. On and off whenever it felt like. I have another phone which is why I just tried updating this one to iOS 7. It fixed the shutting down... but now I've got this problem....

16. aimee.elizabeth macrumors 6502

Well if that's the case, and there's something wrong with your phone. Because under normal usage, that should never happen. And I suggest instead of selling it (because why would you want anyone else to get stuck with that problem), take it to the Apple store and have them replace it.

Btw - I googled this issue and it seems many people have had this problem as well. Maybe try and go through them and see if any suggestions other people offered could help.

17. ct2k7 macrumors 603

Was the phone hot inside?

18. taptic thread starter macrumors 65816

taptic

I have another phone so I don't really need to get this one replaced. And if I sell it I'll make sure the buyer understands what is wrong with it...

To the above post: I took the back cover off and used it and none of the pieces seemed to be getting hot.

19. shenfrey macrumors 68000

Cant and won't happen. If there is a problem with the phone, it was not caused by running iOS 7. Please stop making such ridiculous assumptions.

20. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

Try setting up your phone as NEW. The battery on mine was warm when I had upgraded from iOS6. Fresh install took care of that problem.

21. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

I've had the screen once in iOS 7 but that's because I was using the GPS, it was a hot day, and I was still trying to cool the cabin down. I haven't had it randomly show for no reason.

22. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

That screen has been there forever. Leave your phone in the car in the sun and you'll get it very quickly.

Selling your phone knowing there is an issue...there's a word for that.

23. 53kyle macrumors 65816

53kyle

The only time this happened (and I am sure you will think I am an idiot for doing this) was when I left my iPad 2 in a blazing hot leather seated car, inside of a seat pocket. It was actually hot to the touch. On top of that, my case is black which attracts heat :p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p

24. Paddle1 macrumors 68020

That's also an assumption, different versions of iOS can cause problems, that's why there are versions like 6.1.3. Besides, I said may, not definitely did. Please stop making such unfounded assumptions about how iOS 7 definitely for sure did not enhance the issue in any way.