Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ultra AleM

macrumors 6502a
Jun 22, 2012
Italy
iOS 8.2 must arrive before Apple Watch ships. So, iOS 8.1.3 can't be late, since Apple Watch is going to ship before February 14.

So, two options:
1) iOS 8.1.3 is released within 48 hours.
2) they move to iOS 8.2 directly.

This is what I think.

AngusW

macrumors 6502
Jun 19, 2013
iOS 8.2 must arrive before Apple Watch ships. So, iOS 8.1.3 can't be late, since Apple Watch is going to ship before February 14.

So, two options:
1) iOS 8.1.3 is released within 48 hours.
2) they move to iOS 8.2 directly.

This is what I think.

Why do you think Apple Watch will ship before February 14? All signs are pointing to a March release window.

XTheLancerX

macrumors 68000
Aug 20, 2014
NY, USA
Couldn't care less about 8.1.3 at this point. I've lost all hope in x.x.1, x.x.2 etc updates. They do nothing but cause forums to blow up over battery life. Or fix one little bug that I have never encountered. Even x.1 and x.2 updates look hopeless at this point too. Haven't heard of anything good 8.2 has done other than add Apple watch stuff. These x.1 updates have turned into feature catchup versions, things that Apple promised would arrive with iOS 8, but ran out of time to include in the first public release. 8.1 added Apple pay and Text Message forwarding. Both originally intended to be in 8.0. 8.2 is adding Apple watch support, not much else. 8.3 may very well focus on iPad Pro/iPad Air Plus stuff, leaving little to no time for actual bug squashing to happen. Hopefully iOS 9 is a "Snow Leapard" release, because iOS 8 is looking like it's going to be a mess the whole way through.

iOSBry

macrumors 6502a
Jan 16, 2013
iOS 8.2 continues the perf improvements at least in my testing. This doesn't mean every issue has been resolved - I've got 26 bugs open with Apple and more than half of them are actively being worked on based on engineering feedback (requests to test issue in current beta).

iOSBry

tryphone

macrumors member
Jan 14, 2015
iOS 8.2 continues the perf improvements at least in my testing. This doesn't mean every issue has been resolved - I've got 26 bugs open with Apple and more than half of them are actively being worked on based on engineering feedback (requests to test issue in current beta).

iOSBry

Any idea when iOS 8.1.3 or 8.2 will be released?

EdgardasB

macrumors 6502a
Apr 14, 2014
Lithuania
If they won't find more bugs, they could release this week. I wish they prefer more bug fixing than release schedules. Because there are some annoying bugs which should be fixed asap.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.