iOS 8.2 Beta 1 Fixes/Changes/Bugs

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by BrettDS, Nov 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
The first post in this thread is a WikiPost, and can be edited by anyone with the appropriate permissions.
  1. BrettDS, Nov 18, 2014
    Last edited by SMIDG3T: Nov 19, 2014

BrettDS macrumors 65816

Fixes:

-Emails that are read on another device finally disappear from the lock screen (not working for iCloud accounts!)
    -Email double notification bug fixed

You do not have to be a registered developer to submit bug reports to Apple. Here is the link:
    https://bugreport.apple.com

2. whsbuss macrumors 68040

whsbuss

Really??? OMG this is great IF its the iCloud email. How about the badges on the mail app??

3. BrettDS thread starter macrumors 65816

I think this was an issue with all email types. I don't use iCloud email, but it was a problem for me with my work Exchange as well as my personal hotmail account. It now properly syncs read messages for both accounts. I never had an issue with badges, though. When I unlocked my device the email badge would either be correct or very quickly correct itself.

4. whsbuss macrumors 68040

whsbuss

Thanks for the reply, but I suspect iCloud will be the same as before. I have an Outlook.com account and the badges update just fine.

5. skwood macrumors 6502a

skwood

Status bar overlaying photos in messages

As far as I can tell this bug has been fixed, but 8.1.1 release and 8.2 beta 1 came out so close together that I can't tell which it was fixed in!

6. lancastor macrumors 6502a

It's not working for iCloud eMail accounts. Neither in iOS 8.1.1 nor in iOS 8.2.

7. BrettDS thread starter macrumors 65816

It was definitely still a problem in 8.1.1. I use Exchange and not iCloud. I had assumed it was fixed for everything, but perhaps not:(

8. oldmacs macrumors 68040

Are there further performance fixes for the A5 devices ??(iPad 2 and 4S predominately, but also the iPod Touch, iPad Mini 1, iPad 3 etc)

9. lewphillz macrumors newbie

UI graphics still lag especially when opening and closing Siri within the lock screen.. iPad 4th Generation.

10. oldmacs macrumors 68040

Thats disappointing :/ Wish they could fix all the lag and slowness!

11. lewphillz macrumors newbie

I agree, its such a shame that they have yet to fix this issue. Also the multitasking still stops working randomly. I'm hoping it improves before its released!

12. whsbuss macrumors 68040

whsbuss

Thanks for the confirmation.... figured it wouldn't.

13. gsingham macrumors 6502

It won't work with icloud because icloud is using apns to be updated with push notification. Exchange mail uses standard imap and imap idle

But on the Mac, icloud is configured as imap and read email and their notifications do sync.

If u google setting up icoud on ios 5 and earlier Apple provides IMAP settings you can use on 3rd party apps.

So I figure if u turn off mail in iCloud settings and then set up email separately as you would exchange or Google using the above instructions you would have iCloud email function like the rest of push email

14. gordon1234 macrumors 6502a

Exchange does not use IMAP anything. It's a proprietary mail protocol. The protocol used for mobile devices is called Exchange ActiveSync and has to be licensed from Microsoft. Push is part of ActiveSync - Apple Mail on iOS doesn't even support IMAP-IDLE (it is not kind to batteries.). It supports ActiveSync push, as well as Apple's own push for iCloud.

15. paulg1981 macrumors member

Is the double/echo notification bug for email still present?

16. April Knight, Nov 18, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2014

April Knight Suspended

I think 8.2 might have broken Do Not Disturb (per conversation) for me.

On one of my iPhone 6 Plus', I have all messages threads turned to DND in the Details section of the message thread (device-wide DND is not enabled). Before applying 8.2, my screen would light up, but the device would not vibrate or make a sound when I got an incoming message. Now, it acts as if I don't have DND on at all. Vibrates and makes the incoming message sound that I have set.

Deleted all conversation and restarted them, did the usual steps even all the way through restoring and setting up as new. Still vibrating and making notification sounds when I get a message.

Gonna see if the same thing happens on any of my development iPads as well shortly here, and will update. In the meantime, can anybody confirm that DND per-conversation IS or IS NOT working for them?

EDIT: It randomly started working. I updated my iPad Air 2 to 8.2 beta (which may or may not be related), and now suddenly DND per-conversation is working on both. In fact, now, instead of the screen lighting up and the message showing up on the lock screen even though DND is on, the screen stays off and the conversation that has DND engaged does not show notifications on the lock screen. That's better than before!

17. CKohkah macrumors 6502

18. Amacfa macrumors 65816

Amacfa

They better fix the performance. It's kind of insulting to buy a 6+ on launch day and have so many safari crashes, cut and paste still is buggy. (It will paste something I copied a while ago, not the current text I copied)

19. jonnyb098 macrumors 68020

All they seem to care about is including support for the apple watch. I'm sure the iOS team is being stretched very thin. By iOS 7.1 things were very very smooth in comparison. iOS 8 doesn't suck but most are expecting more polish by now especially on newer devices.

20. BrettDS thread starter macrumors 65816

I *think* it is fixed, but it's an intermittent issue, so I'm not totally sure yet. I've had 8.2 installed for 7 hours now and I haven't had a double notification yet, so I'm feeling hopeful, but I'm not sure I'm ready to definitely call it fixed yet.

21. CheesePuff macrumors 6502

Strange, I am on a 5s and have zero performance issues compared to iOS 7, and no issues with copy/paste.

22. April Knight Suspended

iOS 7.1 was also released 6 full months after iOS 7.0, so not really an apt comparison.

23. Amacfa macrumors 65816

Amacfa

Not strange, it's a problem.

24. CheesePuff macrumors 6502

No its not, since its not a problem for me!

25. Amacfa, Nov 19, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2014

Amacfa macrumors 65816

Amacfa

Your post history has a lot of rhetorical sarcasm. Am I not allowed to state if a valid problem on my device has been/or needs to be fixed? Do I need to link you to the iOS 8 bugs thread where people have the same issues as me? Am I not apple enough for you that you feel the need to downplay my issues?

Thread Status:
The first post in this thread is a WikiPost, and can be edited by anyone with the appropriate permissions.