iOS 8.4 Beta 4: Changes and Bug Fixes

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by robertkarlsen, Jun 10, 2015.

Thread Status:
The first post in this thread is a WikiPost, and can be edited by anyone with the appropriate permissions.
  1. robertkarlsen, Jun 10, 2015
    Last edited by Dephibio: Jun 22, 2015

robertkarlsen macrumors regular

robertkarlsen

Build #: 12H4125a

Issues:
    • Options to Play Next and Add to Up Next are missing under Album, Artist, Song, Genre view

New features/changes:
    • Fixed lyrics
    • New Play Next and Add to Up Next overlays
    • Playlist thumbnails are made of 4 albums artworks from the playlist
    • Artist view shows artist picture when a specific artist is selected
    • Background color under album view mirrors album artwork
    • Background color under playlist view mirrors album artwork of the first track on the playlist
    • Music suggestions underneath the album track listing

2. C DM macrumors Westmere

Well, supposedly the messaging bug related to some Unicode characters that could cause a crash has been fixed.

3. bushido, Jun 10, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2015

bushido Suspended

bushido

oddly my iPhone 6 doesnt charge past 98% now

edit: interesting, just switched to my iPhone charger from my iPad charger and now it shows 100% instantly

4. elfary macrumors regular

Does the Music app has recovered the landscape mode?

5. bushido, Jun 10, 2015

bushido Suspended

bushido

nope no more landscape mode

6. darkfiber, Jun 10, 2015

darkfiber macrumors 6502a

darkfiber

So far 8.4 Beta 4 has been working great. The performance has been good. I like the new Music app. I haven't noticed a change in battery life yet. I am running it on my iPhone 5s and upgraded OTA from Beta 3. The only issue I have had so far is when I used Siri to call my Mom. I had told Siri who my mother was in my contacts so in previous versions of iOS you can just say "Call Mom at Home" and Siri would dial my moms home phone number. When I tried it after upgrading to 8.4 Beta 4, Siri came back and said "Sorry I am unable to do that for some reason" or "Something is wrong". I tried a few times but kept getting that error. However, after I rebooted my iPhone it was working again.

This isn't an issue with this specific Beta, but I am frustrated that Airplay is still glitchy as it has been since 8.0 was released on September 17, 2014. When I am playing a song in the Music player and then select the Airplay icon and choose my Airplay Speaker, after a few seconds the Airplay speaker will be deselected and then it will select the iPhone again (as if something crashes and resets) and it also clears out the music selection I was playing in the Music player. The work around is to stop the music, then select the Airplay speaker then start the music. I reported this bug to Apple over 6 months ago and then closed the ticket saying that it was a known issue. Oh well. Hopefully it is fixed in iOS 9.

7. Nikhil72 macrumors 6502a

Siri is having a ton of issues for me with this beta. Hey Siri doesn't work, and rebooting didn't help. Otherwise, totally rock stable.

8. nerdriot macrumors regular

nerdriot

So far, the battery life is looking pretty good for me. [​IMG]

9. OJCDEV macrumors member

Pretty impressed with the battery life so far with this beta after downgrading from 9b1. Haven't even lost 5% yet and I've got over an hour of usage on my IP6.

10. februarian macrumors 6502

februarian

How did you downgrade? Can you update to 8.3 from 9.0?

11. Makale.Helvetia macrumors 6502a

Makale.Helvetia

haven't seen any unstable part of beta 4..rock solid from now on.. and i think that will be the last beta before final release (30th June)

12. darkfiber macrumors 6502a

darkfiber

I just tried "Hey Siri" on my iPhone 5s running 8.4 Beta 4 and it works fine.

13. bushido, Jun 11, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2015

bushido Suspended

bushido

didnt work for me last night either but this morning it was working again. i guess there must have been an siri issue on their end for a while last night

---

my iPhone seems to take longer to chqrge on beta 4.

14. devsfan1830 macrumors regular

devsfan1830

You need a full version ipsw file of the OS you want to install. There's a pile of places to get it if you search the web. Boot the phone in DFU mode, browse for and use that file. When you downgrade, you will no longer be able to use any backups you made unless you kept a backup from 8.3 which iTunes should have done when you synced with the new version installed.

This has instructins and links: http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/how-downgrade-ios-9-beta-ios-8-3-iphone-ipad-ipod-touch-1505339

15. elfary macrumors regular

So sad that Music app has lost the landscape mode. Loved navigation by artwork. It was an iPhone trait not matched by competition.

16. RabbitLuvr macrumors 6502

RabbitLuvr

Lyrics formatting seems to be fixed.

iTunes Match still not respecting options (mainly Skip When Shuffling).

17. batting1000 macrumors 604

Trying out 8.4 for the first time. Coming over from 9.0 which is having terrible battery issues. Hearing battery life is pretty good on 8.4. :)

18. darkfiber macrumors 6502a

darkfiber

Yes, 8.4b4 is very solid with good performance on my iPhone 5s and iPad Air 2. Which is good considering the final release comes out on June 30th. :)

19. BittenApple macrumors 6502a

BittenApple

20. C DM macrumors Westmere

In what way? I mean the fist beta of a whole new version really shouldn't be comfortable to what's likely a last beta of one of the last updates to a previous major version.

21. FatPuppy macrumors 68000

FatPuppy

22. BittenApple, Jun 12, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2015

BittenApple macrumors 6502a

BittenApple

Performance. But I guess it matters what device you're on. I'll just have to install 8.4 b4 and experiment myself.

23. melb00m macrumors regular

I have that sometimes, too. I think it might be related to discoveryd, which will replaced by good old mDNSresponder in iOS 9, but not in 8.4.

24. darkfiber macrumors 6502a

darkfiber

I wondered about that. I had 9.0b1 on my iPad Air 2 for a short time before I went back to 8.4, I forgot to test it.

25. februarian macrumors 6502

februarian

I would say AirPlay produced even worst performance with 9.0!

Thread Status:
The first post in this thread is a WikiPost, and can be edited by anyone with the appropriate permissions.