iOS 8.4 deleted my own music and all playlists

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by sandman42, Jul 1, 2015.

1. sandman42 macrumors 6502a

sandman42

I upgraded to iOS 8.4 OTA at work (away from the computer I sync with), and upon launching Music all that's in my library is my ITMS purchases, and no playlists other than one titled "Purchased". In other words, all my own music (my rips) -- the majority of the music on my phone -- is gone, and so are all the playlists I've created. Looking at the "usage" in my phone, it suggests the missing content is still taking up memory though.

Anyone know how to get the music and playlists to show back up, short of syncing (I'm away from my computer)?

2. c613m macrumors 6502

c613m

Turn off iCloud Music Library. Happened to me too

3. sandman42 thread starter macrumors 6502a

sandman42

I don't have an option to turn off iCloud Music Library in either Settings--> Music or Settings --> iCloud. I don't use iCloud for backup nor do I use iTunes Match, if that matters. Normally I just backup and sync to my Mac, you know, the old-fashioned way.

4. jarnox macrumors newbie

See this thread: http://forums.macrumors.com/threads/ios-8-4-music-library-not-showing-up.1874699/

Syncing worked for me.

5. Cmd-Z macrumors 6502

Cmd-Z

Settings> Music> Show Apple Music >OFF
    Settings> Music> iCloud Music Library >OFF

If you don't see those options, then perhaps resetting your iPhone would help.

Also, if you don't plan on using iCloud Music Library then make sure you don't turn that feature on on your Mac. I made the mistake to doing that last night and all my playlists were duplicated in iTunes, with one copy of each being empty. I was nervous about deleting the empty ones since the ones with music in them had a cloud symbol with a slash, not exactly sure what that meant. So retrieved my .itl file from Time Machine, back to normal (whew!)

6. omegis83 macrumors 6502

omegis83

On the “My Music” tab, you can select the drop-down menu that begins with “Artists” in the middle of the screen and deactivate the “Music Available Offline” option at the bottom of the menu. This should show all of your music again. It's default to On after you update which gives the appearance that all of your music is gone. It's dumb, I know.

7. sandman42 thread starter macrumors 6502a

sandman42

Didn't work. I just ended up with no music at all. I tried all the switches and settings, and nothing gave me my music back. Ultimately, syncing fixed it (the next day).

8. eyeseeyou macrumors 68000

This randomly happened to me yesterday.

After signing out of apple music and iTunes Match a few times my music and playlists magically reappeared.

Was about to drive to apple and start banging on some doors...

9. johnchabin macrumors newbie

After IOS 8.4 update, I lost all my movies and music. A Sync seems to have straightened things out.

My music was actually deleted from the phone.

10. themightyjaymoe macrumors newbie

I only got about 70% of my music. Unless I can produce every itunes receipt from 2010-present I'm screwed. Apparently Apple can't tell me what i've download from them with my user ID. Mind boggling.

11. Shemja, Aug 19, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2015

Shemja macrumors newbie

I'm having the same issue. There is no toggle for iCould Drive or iTunes Match because I never joined them. If I click on Artist, all I have is one album bought from Apple. All my music, playlists, and videos are simply deleted.

Oh. And I now have over 27GB of Other data on my phone. I bet that's all my music and vids my phone won't access. Nothing I do deletes it, so now I'm gonna have to restore my entire phone.

I'm rather pissed.

12. GalaDaliGirl macrumors regular

My 2008 Blackberry managed music better than Apple.

ITunes is a farce. All of it.

13. Peaugh macrumors regular

I just found the same situation on my phone. To say I'm livid is an understatement.