Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RasWeedy

macrumors newbie
Jul 27, 2014
I'm using an iPnone 5s and I am having the same issue. Most call goes straight to vm and maybe one out of every four calls come through. I've reset and restored to like new and still problem persists

beedobear

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 22, 2014
m0bus- Turning off FaceTime seems to have done the trick. My phone is ringing again. Thanks!

m0bus

macrumors newbie
May 26, 2011
No problem. I logged a radar issue about it. Seems to be just that iPhone Cellular Calling option in the FaceTime settings. Hopefully it will get fixed for next beta.

m0bus

macrumors newbie
May 26, 2011
The setting you want to disable is iPhone Cellular Calls right beneath FaceTime under the FaceTime settings. Image below.

facetimeSettings.jpg

tbaer

macrumors member
Mar 11, 2012
The setting you want to disable is iPhone Cellular Calls right beneath FaceTime under the FaceTime settings. Image below.

Thanks. Well I am not sure why but I do not have that option for calls. Only can enable and disable facetime.

m0bus

macrumors newbie
May 26, 2011
Do you have access to Yosemite by chance? Wondering if it's something that got enabled when I added Yosemite to my account.

m0bus

macrumors newbie
May 26, 2011
Sounds like it could be a Yosemite + iOS 8 thing then. I'll modify the bug report to check or create a dummy iCloud account and see if the feature gets added only if iOS8 and Yosemite are installed.

beedobear

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 22, 2014
I disabled FaceTime (didn't have iPhone Cellular Calls option) and it seemed to work for a little while. The phone is back to going straight to vm. I hope they put out a new beta sooner than next Monday.

m0bus

macrumors newbie
May 26, 2011
Hit the same today where a call went right to VM with the setting off. Resetting it seemed to allow calls again but I'm back to being stumped at what's causing this.

kring

macrumors regular
Oct 12, 2011
Connecticut
I am having a ton of phone app issues with Beta 2 though latest version beta 4.

my phone rings but there's no phone screen. 1/2 the time the answer button doesn't work no matter how many times you press it. If you multi-task occasionally the green bar to get you back to phone is gone with no way to get it back.

thankfully I don't use my phone much, but when I do I have very low success. otherwise most other things with Beta 4 have gotten better.

PsykX

macrumors 68020
Sep 16, 2006
I can confirm that it didn't fix mine either. At this point I'm hoping for Beta 5 in 4 days and I'll be set.

But not being able to receive phone calls during my summer vacations was a killer...

LTEunlocked

macrumors newbie
Jul 31, 2014
If you're on Rogers try using the one number app. This is my workaround until beta 5 or a carrier settings update. For me the battery drain is better than missing all my calls...

Rogers 5S beta 4 (Toronto)

Last edited:

E2EK1EL

macrumors 6502
Nov 19, 2012
This is a APN issue for sure, the IP5 and IP5s needs to jump back to HSPA+ for phone calls and something is not triggering the switch properly.

I had lunch with my old dev boss, asked him if he's received any calls this week and he said it's been a quiet week, strangely no one has called. So I told him Rogers / Fido has an issue with incoming calls on iOS8 B4, he laughed and thought I was just messing with him. So I called him on speakerphone ... his face turned pale white and he dropped his spoon. Apparently he's been waiting for a very important call, which I didn't find funny at all and felt his pain. He's one of those ppl who doesn't use VM much and had turned off the notifications.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.