iOS 8 Beta

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by JohnnyDJunior, May 19, 2014.

1. JohnnyDJunior macrumors regular

Since iOS 7 requires a pass code to use the device. Can iOS 8 betas still work if it's downloaded from the internet

2. Gjwilly macrumors 68030

3. C DM macrumors Westmere

How does passcode relate to beta installations?

4. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

iOS 8 beta will most likely require a registered UDID so no, downloading it from the Internet won't work unless you want to pay $100 to get a developer account to have the privilege of complaining about it 4-5 months earlier than everyone else.

I don't mean to sound rude but that's what happens every year. People who are NOT developers download the iOS beta then complain about it and don't understand what the HELL a beta is.

5. ionjohn macrumors 65816

ionjohn

It's on june 2 man!

----------

Yeah, they do complain but who cares? Let them complain and have issues with their phone

6. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

People who shouldn't beta test iOS 8 will get it installed. They will tell others how they have it and how it sucks not understanding that it's a beta and not a finished product. next thing you know word will get around about how iOS 8 sucks.

Why do you think Google charges $1500.00 for Google glass? They only want it in the hands of people who are serious and understand what a beta test is.

7. EM2013 macrumors 65816

EM2013

Yeah that's true. I don't understand why people want the betas so badly.

8. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

Apple receives the telemetry so the more the merrier!

9. richwoodrocket macrumors 68020

richwoodrocket

iOS 8 Beta

If you don't undestand what a beta is, you should've have iOS 8 beta.

10. Paradoxally macrumors 65816

If iOS 8 betas are gonna be as bad as iOS 7's, stay well clear unless you're a dev.

11. Sky Blue Guest

Sky Blue

If today is Tuesday, how long is a piece of string?

12. chekz0414 macrumors 6502a

chekz0414

They shouldn't be, as iOS 8 is an enhancement release. Like iOS 6 was, and those betas were pretty stable. I think iOS 7 betas were buggy due to the massive amount of changes and unoptimized code.

13. Gjwilly macrumors 68030

Simpson's Individual Stringettes!
    The now string!
    Ready cut, easy to handle.
    Simpson's individual emperor Stringettes
    Just The Right Length!

14. cmChimera macrumors 68040

cmChimera

If it happens every year, then the complaining seems to have very little effect in the long run. People flocked to iOS 7, and Apple sold an asinine amount of the iPhone 5s.

15. richwoodrocket macrumors 68020

richwoodrocket

I wouldnt get your hopes up. Doubt it will be released today. Sorry to burst your bubble.

16. C DM macrumors Westmere

It certainly tarnished iOS 7 with all the complaining about...practically no one went with iOS 7 because of it, and now Apple is really suffering because of it.

----------

To be fair, I inly recall one of the betas having a truly noticeable issue--some phone calls not actually getting to the phone--and the rest were smaller issues that weren't a big deal, despite all the complaints about all kids of stuff, although mostly the design.

17. Sky Blue Guest

Sky Blue

who said it would :confused::confused:

18. MisakixMikasa macrumors 6502a

MisakixMikasa

hummm... with all the complains,whining,trashing with iOS 7 beta from non-developpers, somehow Apple magically get more than 60% of adoption rate round month. Oh... remember how much people trashing about Android adoption rate? It seems to me all these beta complains do not have real effects on iOS 7 adoption rate. It is more like you are whining about people getting beta without developer account.

By the way, Microsoft offers all betas of their Windows OS, Windows Phone OS to the public, do they fear beta complaining?

19. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

I get irritated because with every Beta iOS release 100's of new threads spring up complaining about features not working properly only to be told by most of us that it's a "BETA". Furthermore, these users complain here rather than report bugs to Apple.

People care so much about the newest iOS versions that they pay $100.00 just to get a BETA installed.

When is the last time people were enthusiastic about Windows Mobile?

In the next few months you will see nothing but iOS 8 related Articles on Yahoo, CNET and other tech sites. No other Mobile OS gets this kind of buzz or coverage.

20. bbfc macrumors 68030

bbfc

I remember during the iOS 7 betas when people were posting about issues, they would not accept the answer 'it's a beta', and would just continue to moan about it. That drove me insane.

21. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

That is exactly my point. It's going to happen again because these people don't understand what a BETA is.

22. bbfc macrumors 68030

bbfc

From iOS 7.1 beta 2 the amount of beta-related threads decreased as Apple closed the loop hole. Chances are this will stay in affect for the iOS 8 betas, so hopefully we will see less threads from people who really haven't got any idea what they are doing.

iOS 8 will need a UDID registered to work, even if you 'update' your device. Unlike the iOS 7 betas which were freely available for anyone to install.

23. LostSoul80 macrumors 68020

LostSoul80

No, you need to patch the firmware first through BlAcKrAiN, and then perform the usual procedure. That's if you are on iOS 8 beta 1, of course.

24. C DM macrumors Westmere

Perhaps that wasn't much of a response. Plenty of times people know it's a beta but still want to discuss the issue, perhaps someone might have some workaround for it, perhaps someone might have some additional insight into it, etc., etc., etc. Filling up the thread with "safari is snappier" equivalent "it's a beta" isn't useful in any way, at least certainly not beyond the first time someone might mention that.

To top that off, there were certainly things that were brought up during the beta period and pointlessly bombarded as "it's a beta" that were still there when 7.0 was actually released publicly. What's the use of a bunch of "it's a beta" comments then?

----------

Or they do and still want to discuss issues.

In any case, why does it matter to someone who doesn't care about it? Don't read those threads. Simple.

----------

You never know, they apparently opened up betas to pretty much anyone for OS X recently, so perhaps something similar might happen with iOS.

25. MisakixMikasa macrumors 6502a

MisakixMikasa

Will, most stuff people complained about still much presented all the way until iOS 7.1. Even iOS 7.1 did not smooth out all shirts of problem on iOS 7. Sometimes the so called "it is a beta" does not really apply.

It is going to happen again. If it bothers you so much, why don't you just take 3 months long break from MacRumors?

Oh, when Windows Mobile was in its peak, people gets excited about it. There were many sites specifically for Windows Mobile, for example, pocketnow.com was former Windows Mobile site.

I still remember I was rocking with a Windows Pocket PC running Windows Mobile 6.5. Be honest, Windows mobile was quite good for its time.

----------

You never know. There are plenty sites offers UDID registration for couple of dollars. You know people will registering their UDID for couple bucks then install beta and you know these people will complain.