iOS 8 Golden Master Changes

kreger1

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 10, 2014
Hey Everyone,

This thread is aimed at all the devs out there who have already updated to the GM of iOS 8.

Has anyone noticed any changes or added features between the 5th Beta and the GM?

Just thought it was worth the thread:apple:

LordQ

Suspended
Sep 22, 2012
There's a new iBooks icon on Apple's website (like the Yosemite one) but seems like the GM does not have that one :confused:

Grayburn

macrumors 68000
Jul 12, 2010
London, England
The Clock icon, the second clock hand is longer and both hands seem bolder.

Still not getting weather animations on some locations, I thought this would be fixed by now.

Am3r1ca16

macrumors 6502a
Jul 17, 2012
New York City
does the GM fix the status bar bug where it would disappear for a few seconds when exiting a app? and also when the status bar would stay when watching videos or photos.

budselectjr

macrumors 6502a
Oct 6, 2009
Minnesota
Is "Send Last Location" in the iCloud-Find my iPhone setting new? "Automatically send the location of this iPhone to Apple when the battery is critically low"

kreger1

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 10, 2014
Is "Send Last Location" in the iCloud-Find my iPhone setting new? "Automatically send the location of this iPhone to Apple when the battery is critically low"
If I recall correctly B5 had that feature.

cschmelz

macrumors 6502
Jun 6, 2007
If I recall correctly B5 had that feature.
July 7th beta version of Find My Friends crashes on GM on my iPhone 5S where it worked before (and no new version of that app available on Dev Center)

Works fine with same build iPad Air

kreger1

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 10, 2014
WiFi calling is carrier specific, currently only US T-Mobile supports it.
Any idea when Verizon will support it? During today's keynote I thought the iPhone 6 will be supporting it, making me believe the actual feature was being activated for Verizon and AT&T, Sprint Customers ahead of time..

Intell

macrumors P6
Jan 24, 2010
Inside
Apple stated that they are working with carriers to implement it. That could mean this October or next December. There's also the small chance Verizon will outright reject it and never offer the ability. But that would likely cause them to lose customers to competing carriers making that chance very small.

digitalfx

macrumors 6502a
Jul 18, 2007
Any idea when Verizon will support it? During today's keynote I thought the iPhone 6 will be supporting it, making me believe the actual feature was being activated for Verizon and AT&T, Sprint Customers ahead of time..
During the keynote he specifically said only available on T Mobile and a European carrier now. Other carriers will come later.

mattdeezy

macrumors member
Jul 3, 2011
in GM you can now open PDF files from mail etc. They fixed this bu g from the previous beta thankfully.