iOS 8 not ready for iPhone 6 - here is proof

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by oplix, Sep 22, 2014.

1. oplix macrumors 65816

oplix

Having played with the iPhone 6 for a day it's somewhat clear that corners were cut to make the deadline. The most obvious example is staring you in the face every time you turn your screen on.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411416220.049731.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411416231.804002.jpg

This is just the most obvious example as you can see that the actual iPhone 6 lock screen is not natively rendered for the iPhone 6. The lock screen features a scaled status bar.

this can also be easily seen in the camera app where UI elements are clearly scaled to fit the screen instead of having been rendered natively.

This is not an opinion. It is fact that Apple did not bother to present a finished product.

Take it whatever way you want. You probably don't even care. To me it's a telling sign that times have changed.

2. wesbar macrumors member

Erm. This is intentional to make the information in the status bar more glanceable on the lock screen.

3. BaldiMac macrumors 604

BaldiMac

The status bar in the lock screen is scaled in iOS 7. It's not proof of anything!

:rolleyes:

4. antiprotest macrumors 65816

antiprotest

That was the case in all versions of iOS 7 on my iPhone 5s. It is probably intentional since it makes the status bar bigger/clearer.

5. kerrikins macrumors 65816

Considering that this is a tiny, easily fixed element, I am more inclined to believe that it's deliberate, given that most people use their lock screen to glance at the time/battery/carrier info.

6. Surf Monkey macrumors 68030

Surf Monkey

Besides, it's a .0.0 release. Wait for the .0.1 update for things to get solidified and smoothed out. This is nothing new. Initial OS releases have been shaky since the original Mac system.

7. fort macrumors member

Definitely deliberate. They had plenty of time to take care of minor issues like these if they had wanted.

8. oplix thread starter macrumors 65816

oplix

There is no scaling on iOS 7. This is false information.

----------

OMG THIS IS NOT DELIBERATE LOL. Please stop being absurd apple apologists.

I swear people on this forum will go out of their way to use some ridiculous logic that a 12 year old would find offensive just to come up with excuses for apples fallbacks.

9. OldMacDonald1 macrumors member

There are signs that Apple is declining, or at least becoming static in terms of innovation, but this isn't one of them.

If memory serves me correct, iOS7 has a scaled status bar in the lock screen, too. :apple:

I'm with you on the basic principle, but I don't think your screenshot backs up our argument. :confused:

10. oplix thread starter macrumors 65816

oplix

Your memory doesn't serve you correctly. I have a 5s in front of me

11. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

I seem to remember way more bugs with iOS 7 than iOS 8 so I'm not complaining.

12. antiprotest macrumors 65816

antiprotest

I have the 5s in front of me, behind me, and on top of me.

Nah you can keep denying it but iOS 7 really does the same thing.

13. Tyler23 macrumors 603

Tyler23

It is deliberate. I had the same thing on my 5s.

What happened was this occurred from iOS 7 through I believe 7.1.2. At this point, it seemed to be hit or miss in terms of the status bar being larger on the lock screen.

Since iOS 8, the behavior has been this, where the status bar is larger on the lock screen. This took place throughout the entire beta process on my 5s.

14. BaldiMac macrumors 604

BaldiMac

I expect prompt and sincere apologies. :D

http://littlebigdetails.com/post/61701863166/ios-7-the-status-bar-and-icons-are-larger-on-the
    http://techpie.net/2013/07/08/ios-7-beta-3-bigger-status-bar-on-lock-screen/

There is even a jailbreak feature released back in January to make them the same size.
    http://www.idownloadblog.com/2014/01/25/samstatus-ios-7/

15. antiprotest macrumors 65816

antiprotest

16. pullfocus macrumors 65816

pullfocus

Guys, stop using facts to back up your facts. That's just silly.

17. wxman2003 Suspended

Oh the humanity! I thought ebola was a terrible thing. This makes ebola look like the sniffles.

18. mrbrown macrumors 6502

It's deliberate. Takes more code to keep that detail in than it does to keep it out...

19. oplix thread starter macrumors 65816

oplix

The only fact is that it is scaled and not natively rendered. Clearly this idea is too complicated for you to understand.

For someone familiar with any sort of basic elements of programming will understand this concept rather easily.

No point arguing with someone who doesn't understand the topic being discussed.

20. pullfocus macrumors 65816

pullfocus

No, but Higgs-Boson is.
    Been trying to wrap my pea brain around that for years.

And I am only editing my post to say I refuse to address the new points you edited into you post.

21. antiprotest macrumors 65816

antiprotest

That's it?

Come on dogecoin fight on! Go down in glory!

22. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

Yet others lament the mythical time when technology companies didn't have to meet deadlines or be skewered by the financial morons, and took the time to perfect every little friggin detail that doesn't matter.

8.0.1 problem solved, nothing to cry over.

23. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

The idea of the status bar being larger on the lock screen being an improvement apparently escapes you.

This includes you.

24. SpecialJ macrumors newbie

I'm sitting here looking at a 4S with iOS7 next to a 6 with iOS8, and it's very clearly the same on the 4S as my 6. Text is exactly the same size on both phones. Looks good to me. Much more readable at a glance.

25. BaldiMac macrumors 604

BaldiMac

It is natively rendered on the iPhone 6. It is scaled, like all content, on the iPhone 6+.

Again, the fact that the lock screen has a larger status bar in iOS 8, just like it did in iOS 7, has nothing to do with not being ready for the iPhone 6.