iOS 8 visual changes

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by ionjohn, May 30, 2014.

?

iOS 8 visual changes on the home screen

1. No visual changes from iOS 7

62 vote(s)
    38.5%
  2. Little visual changes like darker colors, old era signal bars, more translucent dock.

82 vote(s)
    50.9%
  3. Stock icon redesign, new dock

17 vote(s)
    10.6%
  1. ionjohn macrumors 65816

ionjohn

Hey guys

I'm making a little poll to see if people think iOs 8 will feature visual changes (on the home screen), in a big or small way.

2. batting1000 macrumors 604

Doubt they revert to the old signal bars or darken the colors.

3. ionjohn thread starter macrumors 65816

ionjohn

Me too, that would be like admitting they were wrong.

4. BillyMatt87 macrumors 6502a

It is well documented that the iOS 7 development was rushed in order to have something ready for WWDC (and to remove the Forstall legacy as quickly as possible) so I don't see why there wouldn't be visual tweaks throughout iOS 8 besides 7.1 had a slew of visual tweaks (some good and some extremely questionable: no full-size contact photos).

So in short, I fully expect iOS 8 to have visual refinements and maybe some user customizable UI tweaks (bars or dots, flat dock or 3D dock, light or dark theme, etc.) but nothing too drastic.

I expect a more substantial visual refresh (but not nearly as radical as iOS 7's) with either iOS 9 or 10.

----------

Who knows? We might see the signal bars return as an option.

Darken colors is already an accessibility option in 7.1 but I would to see a darker theme for iOS 8.

5. Tar Sniffer macrumors 6502

iOS 8 will look pretty much the same as iOS 7, I believe. I just hope that they improve the Calendar, Contacts, Reminders, Photos and Safari icons. Also, apps need to be less white and more colourful. Otherwise I'm fairly satisfied and just want to see the new features.

6. byke macrumors 6502a

byke

Given the constant views and attention still paid to ios classic (ios6 and previous) would it really have been so hard for apple to offer a skins pack option?

7. afsnyder macrumors 65816

Those options are pushing us toward an answer. What about subtle redesigns throughout the system..? Stuff like slight changes to colors, padding and animations. iOS 7 looks great but if a smaller redesign like iOS 6 was to iOS 5 would be nice...

8. MagicHAM macrumors regular

MagicHAM

I would like to see them get rid of that blur effect at the bottom of the dock bar, i hate it! Cuts off the wallpaper and doesn't look right. Prefer the dock 2d. (Wishful thinking). I removed it on the phone with jail breaking but I can't jailbreak on Ipad due to updating it to 7.1 :p

Apart from that, I don't think they need really to change much at all, with it. I don't know how else you could improve it on the ipad.

9. chrisaster macrumors regular

I wish they would get rid of the carrier name - it's clugging up space, we all know who our carrier is and don't need reminding!

The gps signal should also move to the left hand side

10. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

Common knowledge that iOS is distant #2 of the software list this year and will have much less man hours devoted to it. With HealthBook and maybe iPad split screen on the plate most other changes will be minor at best. Certainly not going to reinvent or highly tweak the interface.

11. Kissaragi macrumors 68020

None of those options. I think it will just be general visual tweaks along the likes of iOS 7 to 7.1.

12. ionjohn thread starter macrumors 65816

ionjohn

We're only talking about the home screen here and the only difference between 7 and 7.1 is the messages and phone icons that got a bit darker

13. batting1000 macrumors 604

Yes, I fully agree that there will be plenty of UI tweaks, but I don't think they'll be giving options to revert to something that was in iOS 6 or earlier. I know there is an accessibility option for darker colors, but it serves a purpose. I don't think it's intended as a toggle for people who just wanted darker colors in general.

14. I7guy macrumors G5

This. It can be expected for apple to keep tweaking visual elements of it's operating system as it goes through various future iterations. That so much forum energy has been devoted, for example, to dots vs bars, shows how nit-picky some can be. I don't think apple will ever satisfy 100% of it's user base.

15. chrisaster macrumors regular

I think any home screen amends will be to ease the use of larger screen for one hand

16. Kissaragi macrumors 68020

Yes, very small visual tweaks on the home screen like those small changes in 7.1. Just like I wrote infact. :rolleyes:

17. ionjohn thread starter macrumors 65816

ionjohn

No, you wrote "None of those options" but you're actually saying it's number 2 :rolleyes:

18. maclunian macrumors member

Here's the evolution of iOS 8...

Attached Files:

19. djtech42 macrumors 65816

djtech42

I'm hoping they refine it to look like your avatar.

20. ionjohn thread starter macrumors 65816

ionjohn

I love it, thanks brah!

----------

Yeah me too! I don't know who made it but she/he should work for apple!!

21. tkwolf macrumors 6502

Make it all neon, especially Pink and yellow!

Jk I definitely love iOS7 but I hope they tone down on the neons.

22. Sekelani macrumors 6502

Sekelani

I doubt they are gonna change the look. They'll probably focus on new features.

23. CutterSlade macrumors regular

CutterSlade

I expect minimal changes in the appearance. None of the ones listed in the poll so I'm not gonna vote. They're not gonna revert the signal bar, and they won't make the dock look similar to the one in iOS 6.0. As someone else said it before, that would mean admitting that they were wrong and Apple never does that.

24. ionjohn thread starter macrumors 65816

ionjohn

Those were for instance

1. No changes whatsoever

2. Changes you wouldn't notice in a blink of an eye

3. Changes you'd notice in a blink of an eye

25. BvizioN macrumors 601

BvizioN

Old era signal bars?? Please don't make me laugh. It ain't gonna happen!