Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

GekkoEightySix

macrumors member
Jun 28, 2014
I'm not getting Proactive Siri/Search. It just totally blank! It was there on the previous beta (1,2 &3) though News and Nearby was not there, I still get the Siri Suggestion app and Contacts. After updating to beta 4 it's all blank. I've tried to turn the it off on the settings- reboot and turn it on back, but still doesn't work. Any other workaround to fix this?
I'm using 5S. Region settings - US

Pug72

macrumors 68000
Mar 18, 2012
England
Photos app not syncing with other devices.

Added 60+ photos to a newly created album on my MacBook Pro (El Capitan), it appeared on the iMac (Yosemite) and IPad Air 2 (iOS 9 PB) but not on my iPhone 6 (iOS 9 beta 4).

ApexDE

macrumors regular
Nov 27, 2008
HFP Prompts via Bluetooth when navigating with Apple Maps is messed up. Notifications are not timed correctly, often appear too early and very often are completely silent.
Report filed with Feedback App.

Anyone using HFP Prompts with the Maps App?

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    81 KB · Views: 295
Last edited:

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
It would be a nice addition if they added a button in the App Switcher to go back to the home screen. For example you're in an app, you open the App Sw

So....the Music App isn't fixed in beta 4... :( I haven't used it much. Been using PB 2 a lot and not noticed the massive slow down anymore on the iPad Air 2. I have Apple Music enabled with iCloud Music Libary. I use the Music App quite a lot on the iPhone 6 Plus on iOS 8.4.
Wouldn't simply pressing the home button (perhaps a few times) while in an app get you back to the home screen?

Nikhil72

macrumors 65816
Oct 21, 2005
I don't think this was present before beta 4 but now you can scroll in Safari with a bluetooth keyboard's arrow keys! Been waiting for that for forever.

maik005

macrumors member
Jan 15, 2011
Finally fixed in iOS 9 Beta 4 on the iPhone 6 Plus.

When the Batttery is empty and the iPhone powered off automatic and i am trying to turn it on again it only turned the backlight on but showed nothing on the screen.

This was since the iPhone 6 Plus has gone on sale now it´s finally fixed.

I tested it with every new update - besides 8.4.1.

20150725_210239.jpg

Reactions: stusgt67

The Doctor11

macrumors 603
Dec 15, 2013
New York
Finally fixed in iOS 9 Beta 4 on the iPhone 6 Plus.

When the Batttery is empty and the iPhone powered off automatic and i am trying to turn it on again it only turned the backlight on but showed nothing on the screen.

This was since the iPhone 6 Plus has gone on sale now it´s finally fixed.

I tested it with every new update - besides 8.4.1.

View attachment 571231
Hasnt it always shown that screen? You've confused me a bit.

henrywoo

macrumors newbie
Jul 26, 2015
Hello you guys, I updated my iPhone 5c to ios 9 beta 4. But I've got a problem that I can't change the tone in Sounds Setting. When I touch to select the tone, it's out to the home. Plz give me some advice or explain
frown.png

lagwagon

Suspended
Oct 12, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Hello you guys, I updated my iPhone 5c to ios 9 beta 4. But I've got a problem that I can't change the tone in Sounds Setting. When I touch to select the tone, it's out to the home. Plz give me some advice or explain
frown.png

It's a bug and has been present since the latest beta build. (Developer Preview 4 and Public Beta 2) The only option that doesn't crash is setting a sound to "none". But I wouldn't suggest trying it, because you'll be stuck with no sound for that notification.

We can only wait and hope the next build fixes it. In the meantime report it on the feedback app.

ZeChild

macrumors 6502
May 14, 2012
Glasgow, UK
my ipad on 8.4 does not stop ringing when i answer a call on my iphone on 9

Had the same problem with my iPhone 6 on 9 beta 4 and my iPad Air 2 on the same beta, it's only happened a couple of times but if it keeps up I might disable calls on my iPad, think it might be more of a glitch than a full on bug as it's only happened a couple of times.

mainnine

macrumors newbie
Aug 13, 2010
United Kingdom
Had the same problem with my iPhone 6 on 9 beta 4 and my iPad Air 2 on the same beta, it's only happened a couple of times but if it keeps up I might disable calls on my iPad, think it might be more of a glitch than a full on bug as it's only happened a couple of times.
I had that issue all the way throughout iOS 8 betas last year

pratax2

macrumors member
Sep 29, 2014
Almost five days with PB2 and still proactive/Siri suggestions does not work... I restarted/turned off/deactivated/activated it several times and still does not work, any suggestion?

gsmornot

macrumors 68040
Sep 29, 2014
Almost five days with PB2 and still proactive/Siri suggestions does not work... I restarted/turned off/deactivated/activated it several times and still does not work, any suggestion?

If it makes you feel any better it works for me but the icons are not spaced correctly so I see the top third of the icons that are supposed to be hidden. Also, going into and out of spotlight (which shares suggestions) flashes as you pull down on the screen or push up to exit. There is work to be done soon but still like the many new features that are correct at the moment. Hang in there.

lagwagon

Suspended
Oct 12, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
If it makes you feel any better it works for me but the icons are not spaced correctly so I see the top third of the icons that are supposed to be hidden. Also, going into and out of spotlight (which shares suggestions) flashes as you pull down on the screen or push up to exit. There is work to be done soon but still like the many new features that are correct at the moment. Hang in there.

You can get rid of that visual bug of it showing the tops of the second row of apps in proactive by rebooting. (I've had it a couple times)

Shirasaki

macrumors P6
May 16, 2015
Anyone confirm a bug I'm having with 9.0b4 on 6+ with non-Apple video players ie. AirPlayer, iDownloader Pro etc where the video won't display properly when in landscape mode? Seems ok in portrait but when adjusted the window drops down and only show like the top left quadrant. The fact that this occurs in more than one video player app makes me think something under the hood has broken.
3DMark for iOS now can complete a test normally, but test video clips run similar to what you describe.

Shirasaki

macrumors P6
May 16, 2015
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.