Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

juniorspank

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 9, 2015
iOS 9.1 Beta 4 has a build number of 13B136.

Please report bugs to bugreport.apple.com

Version Note
  • When using PurpleRestore to install, build is listed as CustomerUpgradeInstall rather than DeveloperUpgradeInstall (last beta before release?)
Changes
  • None found so far.

Bug fixes

• You can once again 'Open In' files (such as word documents) in Safari
  • 3D Touch latency on homescreen in Light and Medium setting fixed (occured in beta 3)
Bugs
  • Accessibility: Reduce Transparency actually reduces contrast in many areas (e.g. notification dismiss icons in the notification centre)
  • iCloud Drive: Search function does not work when looking / searching for files (doc,xls,pdf, jpg etc..) saved inside folders and subfolders
  • Maps:
    • Cancelling edits to a route preserves your edits for the next time you edit them
    • The volume selection screen does not respect the system text size
    • When turn by turn directions are active and you select the speaker icon in the lower right of the screen, the navigation voice screen doesn't respect your dynamic type setting [this is the same as above?!]
  • Messages: Animation missing when tapping on Edit and then Cancel (the messages will just pop back)
  • Notification Center: After clearing all notifications, some emails stick around in the notification center until you reboot the phone. (Messages that have already been opened/deleted in Mail).
  • Phone: Suspending the Phone app whilst creating a contact from a number in your recents and then returning will lose your place and then prevent you from creating that contact again
  • Settings:
    • Label showing total data usage in iCloud storage usage still misaligned
    • List not scrolled to the top when opening the app
    • Local storage not showing cached Music data (e.g. Apple Music, iCloud Music Library)
    • Location Services app list does not respect the system text size for the permission summary (to the right of each app in the list)
    • Siri-> Language doesn't scroll into view properly for the selected language (like the settings search scrolls down)
    • The search field says Settings instead of Search (like Mail)
    • VPN toggle switch still has a choppy animation
  • Spotlight:
    • Spotlight transparency/blur effect issues sometimes occur especially after switching reduce transparency on and off.
    • Viewing App Store apps from search results brings up an App Store that doesn't merge with the status bar properly
As usual, the post is a wiki post for editing.

Last edited:

juniorspank

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 9, 2015
Taking longer than normal to download, the file size of this one is HUGE (1.6GB).

Very large update! Mixed with the different looking build number, we may be moving close to a GM?

Is this a GM release cause the build number?

I noticed it was different looking, but it could just be a large amount of changes? I'm not sure Apple's build number naming scheme.

Reactions: skwood

GCHASE1995

macrumors 6502
Jul 4, 2015
My iPhone 5S is now lightning fast no lag when opening apps no lag when swiping screens. Only lag is in the spotlight.

scjr

macrumors 68020
Jan 28, 2013
Initial observations, after tooling around a little with Beta 4.

iPhone 6+ is much smoother, especially app switcher. Apps launching quicker. iPad Air 2 is running smoother as well, when compared to beta 3.

bbfc

macrumors 68040
Oct 22, 2011
Newcastle, England.
Initial observations, after tooling around a little with Beta 4.

iPhone 6+ is much smoother, especially app switcher. Apps launching quicker. iPad Air 2 is running smoother as well, when compared to beta 3.
That's good to here. My 6+ stutters quite a bit.

SMIDG3T

Suspended
Apr 29, 2012
England
Can anyone with beta 4 on a 6s please report? Really tempted to download it and install it. Currently running 9.0.2. Is it that much better?

reptarwilleatu

macrumors 6502
Sep 11, 2014
could somebody check and see if this bug is fixed in beta 4? i know it's just cosmetic like the Settings one so it's low priority, but it's been there since 8.3

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    147.9 KB · Views: 886

DJLAXL

macrumors 6502a
Jun 3, 2014
UT
My biggest gripe about the 9.1 betas was the data connection. On my Verizon 6 Plus, and subsequently my 6S Plus I lost data every few minutes. I hated having to switch to Airplane back and forth all day. Is this still the case? 9.0.2 has been pretty flawless so far for me.

adrianlondon

macrumors 603
Nov 28, 2013
Switzerland
I know I'm weird, but I *like* the settings bug. When I open Settings on my 5S, the wifi name is at the top and "General", the option I use the most, is at the bottom. Who cares about airplane mode? I use the control centre to toggle that. I don't want to have to scroll to see "General". I also rarely search, but that could just be because that option is relatively new (and, umm, hidden due to the bug so I forget about it!).

I'll start moaning about this bug once I get a 6S or 7, with a bigger screen ...

GreyOS

macrumors 68040
Apr 12, 2012
sounds like apple finally realised they forgot to turn on the metal switch before?

Reactions: gewawd
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.