Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Doctor11

macrumors 603
Dec 15, 2013
New York
Ever since the first beta I've had a bug that when character preview is off it still turns on for every single password text field. I'm not the only one seeing this right? Because if not it amazes me this hasn't been fixed yet. Also I submitted a bug report on this months ago.

lagwagon

Suspended
Oct 12, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
That's related to Live Photos which are exclusive to 6s and 6s Plus.

No,no. I think he's asking about the little shift you get now into and out of the black bar that separates each photo as you swipe through them (Slowly swipe through and you'll see it.) It's new to 9.0 GM/9.1 beta 1.

Completely different to the quick bit of motion when swiping through Live Photos on the new phones.

lagwagon

Suspended
Oct 12, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Ever since the first beta I've had a bug that when character preview is off it still turns on for every single password text field. I'm not the only one seeing this right? Because if not it amazes me this hasn't been fixed yet. Also I submitted a bug report on this months ago.

Wasn't character preview changed off by default since beta 1? And you needed to turn it on if you wanted it from the keyboard settings. Not sure that's a bug. Unless you're meaning something else.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
It can be like that on purpose for password fields to provide more feedback given that the actual characters quickly get replaced by * when you type them in.

The Doctor11

macrumors 603
Dec 15, 2013
New York
It can be like that on purpose for password fields to provide more feedback given that the actual characters quickly get replaced by * when you type them in.
I sure hope it's not a feature, just doesn't feel right when your so use to not seeing the letters pop up. But that does make a lot of sense in theory.

rocklee84

macrumors newbie
May 25, 2015
China
I can't rotate the screen on my iPad Air when the Notification Center or the Control Center is active. Can't swipe back from spotlight search either

Grayburn

macrumors 68020
Jul 12, 2010
England
Anyone else's You Tube app just hanging after selecting something to watch.

Yes I've reinstalled and tried over WiFi & 4G and it's still the same.

Ultra AleM

macrumors 6502a
Jun 22, 2012
Italy
That's almost too funny. The conclusion on the video was sad as sometimes 9.1 was faster (ex. app switcher closing apps) and sometimes 8.4.1 was. It certainly wasn't slow by any means, especially when you add in the extra functionality it offers (like extensions, low power mode).

Besides, that's one device. 9.1 beta most certainly works better on my 6 Plus. 8.4.1 gave me a crashing camera app and RAM restrictions where the apps wouldn't remember their state. THOSE were major issues.

9.0 GM has stuttering issues but at least it solved my two major issues. I'd rather have that than crashing apps. 9.1 beta seems to have rectified most of the stuttering for me. Sadly I suspect that's as good as it'll get. The 6S Plus will probably fully fix all the speed and RAM issues. One of these days I'll get on the S cycle.
On iPhone 4S and 5 9.1 is still slower in everything.

darkfiber

macrumors 6502a
Jul 13, 2008
Columbus, OH USA
Btw, for the uninitiated, I've extremely positive news on the AirPlay front. The AirPlay screen is twice as fast in showing & switching your devices. Also there is considerably less lag in audio when played through an AirPlay speaker!

If you play a song on your device and then select one of your AirPlay speakers, how long does it take before the audio begins to play on that AirPlay speaker? It takes mine around 8 seconds.

darkfiber

macrumors 6502a
Jul 13, 2008
Columbus, OH USA
How about battery, any better than 9.0 PB3?

I don't think I ran 9.0pb3 that long, but battery seems to be about the same as 8.4.1. Although I haven't been running it long enough to tell. Initially the battery drain was bad (as often happens after I upgrade iOS) but it has settled down. I did a "reset all settings" to see if that makes any difference. Battery life on my 5s was never really great to begin with. Plus this battery is going on 2 years at this point so its performance is probably degraded. I will pay closer attention today and will keep it off the charger for as long as I can.

nathorpe

macrumors member
Jun 2, 2015
Norwich
Can anyone confirm that taken pictures watched through Photos-App on iPhone (6 in my case) are not fully loading/look blurry?! They simply won't get sharp at my end.. Using a 3rd-party App like ProCamera is not showing this behavior.

Please check it!

I can definitely replicate this issue on my iPhone 6. Viewing a photo zoomed in as far as possible on the Photos app compared to the same original photo uploaded to Dropbox at full size and zoomed in, it appears much less clear on the Photos app. And I've got iCloud Photo Library / Photo Stream / Sharing all turned off in Settings too.

Submitting bug report as we speak.

t0niX

macrumors newbie
Jul 27, 2015
I can definitely replicate this issue on my iPhone 6. Viewing a photo zoomed in as far as possible on the Photos app compared to the same original photo uploaded to Dropbox at full size and zoomed in, it appears much less clear on the Photos app. And I've got iCloud Photo Library / Photo Stream / Sharing all turned off in Settings too.

Submitting bug report as we speak.
Can someone with the needed rights please edit the first post and add this to bugs?

journeyy

macrumors regular
Sep 11, 2013
On my Ipad Mini 2 Safari loses the reading position in PDFs when switching apps. Always about one page back

XMZ-250

macrumors member
Jul 7, 2014
Home
App store downloads are terribly slow, I donwloaded an app with only less than 100MB and It takes almost 24 hours to download. And this problem was present way back iOS 9.0 beta 5. Is there something wrong with the app store?

darkfiber

macrumors 6502a
Jul 13, 2008
Columbus, OH USA
App store downloads are terribly slow, I donwloaded an app with only less than 100MB and It takes almost 24 hours to download. And this problem was present way back iOS 9.0 beta 5. Is there something wrong with the app store?

Not that I have experienced. I have over 330 apps on both my iphone and ipad so I am downloading updates on a daily basis and I haven't experienced any slowness at all on any version of iOS I have been running. I am currently running iOS 9.1 Public Beta 1 on my iPhone and 8.4.1 on my iPad Air 2.

februarian

macrumors 6502
Sep 18, 2014
If you play a song on your device and then select one of your AirPlay speakers, how long does it take before the audio begins to play on that AirPlay speaker? It takes mine around 8 seconds.
Just a second, if not less. Not sure why it's taking so long for you.

benji888

macrumors 68000
Sep 27, 2006
United States
iPad Mini (1st gen.)
- News app crashes upon startup, it gets nowhere...blank white screen for some seconds, then crashes, every single time. News works just fine w/iPhone 5.

- Overall performance improved over the last 9.0 beta! (Edit: Scratch that, I do have lag at times w/keyboard, and sometimes misses first few letters I type when I first use the keyboard after power cycle.)

EDIT: and, Safari likes to refresh sometimes, still has errors, reloads page. Also, some lag w/Safari.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.