iOS 9.2.1 Beta Bug Fixes, Changes and Performance Improvements

Discussion in 'iOS 9' started by Xenthox, Dec 16, 2015.

Thread Status:
The first post in this thread is a WikiPost, and can be edited by anyone with the appropriate permissions.
  1. Xenthox, Dec 16, 2015
    Last edited by Stickharuhi: Jan 1, 2016

Xenthox macrumors regular

Here we go !

As always, be sure to report any and all bugs to bugreport.apple.com (a developer account is not required to do this)

Build: 13D11

Changes

Bug Fixes:
    • Mobile signature input screen is now available when your phone is locked. Previously, if you forgot to unlock your phone before the popup with PIN request field appeared you had to cancel the whole action and do it again.

Bugs/Issues
    (All bugs/issues in iOS 9.2.1 build 13D11 tested, not fixed)

2. AmazingTechGeek macrumors 6502

AmazingTechGeek

3. Radon87000 macrumors 604

Can anyone confirm if Spotlight Lag and CC lag is fixed?

4. stulaw11 Suspended

Download it and tell everyone then.

It's only been out a whole few minutes total and no OTA (yet) so it requires a full backup and restore- which takes time and not 5 minutes.

WAY too early to know; maybe in a n hour or so unless an OTA comes out.

5. Stalyn macrumors regular

6. zorinlynx macrumors 601

zorinlynx

You don't need to do a full backup and restore to update iOS with iTunes. Well, a backup is recommended but you don't even have to do that.

Just hold down option while clicking "Check for update" and specify the ipsw file. It will upgrade iOS and keep your data intact.

7. Luis Mazza macrumors regular

Luis Mazza

There's no OTA for Beta 1. Only public beta, if the beta profile is installed. Maybe tomorrow then... IMZDL used to provide downloads for betas on the same day, but it seems they're out of business.

8. Radon87000 macrumors 604

I can't download it as its for developers which is why I am asking

9. EdgardasB macrumors 6502a

EdgardasB

Who will install, please check if this bug fixed:
    • Open Safari app, save any website to Notes app then search via spotlight - results duplicated note.
    image.png

10. SunnySharma__ macrumors member

Waiting to know about the changes/fixes, though surely would not be many.

11. I_ndeed macrumors member

I_ndeed

12. Blaster13 macrumors 6502

Blaster13

That was quick hopefully being sarcastic. God knows how people can tell battery is improved the same day the update. Maybe roughly 2 days usage should give you proper idea. As then you have used it in real world terms and how you would normally use your phone.

13. danleon950410 macrumors regular

danleon950410

Ejem. Clearly, it was sarcasm, but not as unnecessary as your reply.

14. stulaw11 Suspended

Well true but back up highly recommended of course.

The point was no one is going to have answers 6 min after release, its unreasonable.

Correct, which is why I said give people time. Its not a 3 min button on the phone. People need their itunes etc so it wont be minutes with results from many people.

Good catch on IMZDL, that was sudden. Glad I didnt buy anything from them recently (old iphone had a dev account with them).

15. Blaster13 macrumors 6502

Blaster13

How is my reply unnecessary?

16. stulaw11 Suspended

Then what does it matter if you cannot even use it no matter what the results? :rolleyes:

When the results are out they will be; there is no OTA update from Settings this time. You have to hook to itunes to update, so this will slow the results of many people who usually hit the "update" on the phone and have it in 5 min and flood here to report the bugs/changes.

Asking minutes later is WAY premature. It's been over an hour and it seems only 2 or 3 people are commenting at all that they installed it so far.

17. I_ndeed macrumors member

I_ndeed

LOL. Sarcasm is the key my friend.

18. atlchamp macrumors 68000

Snappier for sure. No kidding. Even benchmark proves it

19. Act3 macrumors 68000

I don't find it unreasonable at all to ask as there are no time limits for replying for when they do have an answer.

20. NoWayBehind macrumors 6502

NoWayBehind

Uhm

Can you make a comparison ?

21. atlchamp macrumors 68000

Everything is more fluid. Very smooth on 6s

22. Mlrollin91 macrumors G5

Mlrollin91

Actually, there is a way to tell if battery has improved the same day you installed the update. If you keep track of previous updates and how the battery was impacted right after the update, you can make comparisons. For example, after installing 9.2B4 over 9.2B3, there was a massive battery increase on my devices. There was a lot less background activity going on (watching the CPU) immediately following the install.

23. Blaster13 macrumors 6502

Blaster13

Except not everyone is going to be as meticulous. Hopefully like yourself there is a few people on here that do this. But to be able to tell what the battery is 10mins after an update really.

24. Mlrollin91 macrumors G5

Mlrollin91

10 minutes no. 3-4 hours yes. My method takes about 3 hours to compare. But I'm really crazy when it comes to this stuff lol. o_O

25. Blaster13 macrumors 6502

Blaster13

I like to use for a few days to get a full picture as my usage can change day to day. As my little boy will sometimes want to watch things on my device where as I don't so for me a good 2 days gives me a good picture.

Thread Status:
The first post in this thread is a WikiPost, and can be edited by anyone with the appropriate permissions.