Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lagwagon

Suspended
Oct 12, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Battery has been consistent and good on every version (9.0, 9.0.1, 9.0.2, 9.1, 9.2, 9.2.1, 9.3) and every beta build for all those versions.

Same during iOS 8 days. Never had a single "this version gave be bad battery".

I can't ever recall a time I've had below 8 hours usage time with 15-24+ hours standby on my iPhone 6.

I honestly think those experience drastic battery drains between builds has something else going on. Like a stuck process in the background (an app improperly going into a suspended state and hanging or anything similar.)

Reactions: madsci954 and bbrks

IMM1711

macrumors newbie
Jan 28, 2016
Madrid
I'm on 9.3 PB3 and having used the phone as before (low power mode enabled sometime, brightness at medium) and having the phone connected to the wall for 10 minutes I'm now sitting on 50% battery with 3h 15 minutes of usage and 4 hours of standby time, with previous betas or 9.2.1 I was having easily 45+ minutes at this time. I have reseted and erased the phone twice in this beta and still no change.

MacDevil7334

Contributor
Oct 15, 2011
Austin TX
I upgraded from 9.2 to 9.3 PB5 night before last. So I've only had one full day to compare. But it seems to be about the same as 9.2 was for me.

oMc

macrumors 6502a
Oct 17, 2010
Finland & France
Battery has been consistent and good on every version (9.0, 9.0.1, 9.0.2, 9.1, 9.2, 9.2.1, 9.3) and every beta build for all those versions.

Same during iOS 8 days. Never had a single "this version gave be bad battery".

I can't ever recall a time I've had below 8 hours usage time with 15-24+ hours standby on my iPhone 6.

I honestly think those experience drastic battery drains between builds has something else going on. Like a stuck process in the background (an app improperly going into a suspended state and hanging or anything similar.)

Just curious. Are you using background app refresh and locations services?

dearfriendx

macrumors 6502
Jun 3, 2011
San Diego, CA
I have background refresh turned on for a handful of apps it is useful for. I never turn location services off. I don't adjust the contrast or reduce motion. My battery has taken a big hit since the new beta compared to others. I'll go to school from 7am-2pm and I barely use my phone. When I drive home it'll be around 40% left.

monnyblack1

macrumors regular
Jan 24, 2016
meridian ms
Yes both those are on. I don't do any "battery saving" settings, I don't even use Low Power Mode. The only thing I do is my brightness is usually very low. It's rarely 50% or higher.
hey how to you use email? do you have push on? and do you use the stock email?

lagwagon

Suspended
Oct 12, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
hey how to you use email? do you have push on? and do you use the stock email?

I have push on and use the stock Mail app.

I close out any app in the app switcher that I don't use regularly. I only leave Messages, Mail and Safari in the 100% of the time. I know, I know... "I don't need to close out apps" but I do it for everything but those three often used apps because it eliminates any possible chance of some random app getting a stuck process and draining the battery, and then not realizing something is stuck, draining the battery until that battery has already drained. It's a precaution I use because no software is ever perfect and does what it's supposed to 100% of the time.

monnyblack1

macrumors regular
Jan 24, 2016
meridian ms
I have push on and use the stock Mail app.

I close out any app in the app switcher that I don't use regularly. I only leave Messages, Mail and Safari in the 100% of the time. I know, I know... "I don't need to close out apps" but I do it for everything but those three often used apps because it eliminates any possible chance of some random app getting a stuck process and draining the battery, and then not realizing something is stuck, draining the battery until that battery has already drained. It's a precaution I use because no software is ever perfect and does what it's supposed to 100% of the time.
[doublepost=1457043831][/doublepost] OK it seems like when I use the stock email app my battery drain more. I have fetch set to 30 minutes and using gmail. Plus I turn iCloud email off. But when I don't fetch my email my battery life is better. Kind of weird to me

that be me

macrumors 6502
Sep 12, 2013
Coming from 9.0.2, battery life had been generally better except for watching Youtube videos. Phone runs very warm and battery drops quickly. It’s a beta, but it’s something I’ve noticed.

RJCP

macrumors 6502
Jun 8, 2011
As far as my experience is concerned, the latest beta is the worst one in terms of battery life. Getting about 2h15 mins usage at 65% left which isn't great. 6S here.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.