Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

xdexina

macrumors regular
Jun 10, 2009
Portugal
Unfortunate news.. The lag that was present in 9.0-9.2.1, and was fixed in 9.3 is back in this beta. Install with caution. I'm on 6 Plus

If so I'm not installing this beta... 1.1 was perfect on my 6 plus. I never thought to have so good animations and fluidity since 8.4.1... It's like butter.

Hope they fix this again...Maybe isn't just optimized because of the changes.

Not installing a new beta until beta 3.

Ashin

macrumors 6502a
Jun 19, 2010
It doesn't warrant a spot for Quick Actions in Settings though. I'm glad they removed it.
I'd agree.

Think about it - 3D touch really should be restricted to things that truly "deserve" the place. We'd end up with an ugly huge list otherwise. Sure, changing wallpaper kind of makes sense to be there, but it's not important enough in my opinion to take up a slot.

Perhaps eventually Apple will just let people customise what is included in 3D touch menus through an API.

xdexina

macrumors regular
Jun 10, 2009
Portugal
The new icon for night shift is horrendous,
It's nearly identical to DND, plus it looks like a lemon.

Bring back the lampshade... It almost deserved an #BringBacktheLampshade on Twitter

The placement on the CC is not ok to... The icon should be on top, and 5 icons on the bottom row looks really ugly, beside the radius shape of the rectangle and space itself changed on the icons.

C'mon Apple fix this!

mtx4

macrumors member
Jan 18, 2016
Still present the settings animation lag that make jump the page you are leaving. The transition when you open a menu for example Facebook, or Note, or anything under " not disturb " is not smooth

FatPuppy

macrumors 68000
Jul 14, 2012
What about pulling the control center up beyond the "open" position?

This is what lags for me in older versions of iOS9 - pulling it up higher is very low FPS whilst it's being pulled.
Nope, no lag, full 60 fps, only on the lockscreen there is a slight stutter but it still looks miles away better than the previous versions.
[doublepost=1453811904][/doublepost]
The new icon for night shift is horrendous,
It's nearly identical to DND, plus it looks like a lemon.

Bring back the lampshade... It almost deserved an #BringBacktheLampshade on Twitter

The placement on the CC is not ok to... The icon should be on top, and 5 icons on the bottom row looks really ugly, beside the radius shape of the rectangle and space itself changed on the icons.

C'mon Apple fix this!
I agree, it s ulgy af but I don t care really, I am glad they are fixing the UI stutter and the glitches.

thed0g

macrumors regular
Oct 22, 2015
Performance Regressions
  • On devices utilizing OpenGL rendering pipeline such as the iPhone 5, Control Center and Spotlight pulldown are no longer 60fps smooth. The smoothness is now close to devices utilizing Metal as their rendering pipeline.
Guess that's how you "fix" the difference. :D

FatPuppy

macrumors 68000
Jul 14, 2012

Performance Regressions
  • On devices utilizing OpenGL rendering pipeline such as the iPhone 5, Control Center and Spotlight pulldown are no longer 60fps smooth. The smoothness is now close to devices utilizing Metal as their rendering pipeline.
I am dump:D, can someone please explain what that means?

Knowlege Bomb

macrumors G4
Feb 14, 2008
US
Settings > General > Profiles

near the bottom

Like here?

image.png

Or the other bottom?

image.png

JeffiOS

macrumors newbie
Apr 6, 2015
Bug (turned on toggles are dark) when turning on then off the Reduce Transparency in settings.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    58.1 KB · Views: 250

Luv4greenleaves

macrumors newbie
Jan 26, 2016
Is the bug where call ends with power button fixed when connected to a call on a Bluetooth headset fixed?? This was a major problem in iOS 9.3 beta 1 and I had to go back on my iPhone 6 Plus as I do lots of conference calls and I would turn the screen off to save battery.

Ashin

macrumors 6502a
Jun 19, 2010
Bug (turned on toggles are dark) when turning on then off the Reduce Transparency in settings.

I think switching Transparency on/off always has always caused a few issues. Even on iOS8 there are some big problems with it - one such bug is switching it on, going to home screen, pulling down notifications, then toggling it off... this causes the home screen to become really pixelated with any blur effects.

With such a big UI change such as this setting, I'd recommend a reboot of the phone to be honest. Not really the best solution, but yeah...

AZhappyjack

macrumors G3
Jul 3, 2011
Happy Jack, AZ
Like here?

Like here:
IMG_0058.PNG

But it is a dynamic menu item - it only appears IF you have a profile installed.
[doublepost=1453815475][/doublepost]
I kinda have to agree. Wallpaper doesn't seem a setting used often enough to warrant a 3D Touch shortcut. I still think apple should just make Settings shortcuts dynamic for recent/most common used by the user.

Though I suspect it's just a bug for it not showing up in beta 2. With the obviously work they are doing with adding new shortcuts and such for other apps, it doesn't surprise me a bug elsewhere in 3D Touch shortcuts has popped up.

I change my wallpaper quite frequently (primarily the LS wallpaper)... having the 3D shortcut was nice, but if they actually removed it (vs it being a bug), it's not the end of the world, for sure.

trebb

macrumors newbie
Oct 22, 2013
How are third party keyboards in 9.3? I'm on 9.3b1 and haven't seen or heard much about it. Still as buggy as always?

CagdasCizer

macrumors regular
Jun 13, 2015
Guess that's how you "fix" the difference. :D
Well I am stopping the updates on my fathers iphone 5 from now on:D
[doublepost=1453819493][/doublepost]My 6+ control center lags like it has never been before. And I don't usually complain about such things. Overall performance seems to be on par with previous software. Battery life is just as bad as b1 for me.

AZhappyjack

macrumors G3
Jul 3, 2011
Happy Jack, AZ
Hi, I'm newbie in public betas, when a new beta is released what do you do? do you delete your profile and install it again? or you do nothing and wait for OTA to appear?

Once the profile is installed, just do the dates via Settings > General > Software update.

There are two separate beta profiles - public beta and developer preview (beta). So far the PB updates have been released within a day of the DP updates for iOS 9.3. It wasn't necessarily that way with prior versions...

Bezares

macrumors regular
Apr 24, 2015
México
Once the profile is installed, just do the dates via Settings > General > Software update.

There are two separate beta profiles - public beta and developer preview (beta). So far the PB updates have been released within a day of the DP updates for iOS 9.3. It wasn't necessarily that way with prior versions...

thank you! so I just have to seat and wait haha
I had my udid registered but not anymore so I moved to ublic betas.
[doublepost=1453821690][/doublepost]
Icon missing for Redeem in iTunes Store. Think it was in beta 1.

c4234280b15588b1691560775e41f8a1.jpg

I'm in beta 1 and it does have an icon in "redeem"

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.