Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macrumors 68040
Dec 16, 2011
And then you can also say that until noon on Wednesday it's still the earlier half and after noon it's the later half. So, certainly various ways of looking at it. But, again, the bigger point in that is that it really doesn't matter since at most all it shows is that what Eddy Cue said didn't turn out to be right in the end, which can easily be explained by plans changing at some point because of something. That's really it.

Oh no, I'm totally agreeing with you. I was just pointing that out. It's not even THAT critical considering it's a pre-release and most developers can still completely easily work with b2. The only people harmed are the daily driver people who want Apple Music, and that's the choice they make (since b3 isn't intended for DD)

Reactions: C DM

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Oh no, I'm totally agreeing with you. I was just pointing that out. It's not even THAT critical considering it's a pre-release and most developers can still completely easily work with b2. The only people harmed are the daily driver people who want Apple Music, and that's the choice they make (since b3 isn't intended for DD)
I definitely get that you are agreeing. I was just providing some more commentary on the matter basically.

ithinkwithportals

macrumors regular
Jul 7, 2015
Somewhere in the USA
I think the most likely timing for release is either at 10 AM PDT tomorrow, or 10 AM PDT next Monday, because, as research done by some members has shown, releasing on any date from Thursday to Sunday is rather rare.

Luis Mazza

macrumors regular
Jun 2, 2015
This is getting beyond ridiculous.
This thread should be moved to wasteland.
If you have nothing useful to say here, DON'T SAY ANYTHING AT ALL.

lagwagon

Suspended
Oct 12, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
I think the most likely timing for release is either at 10 AM PDT tomorrow, or 10 AM PDT next Monday, because, as research done by some members has shown, releasing on any date from Thursday to Sunday is rather rare.

Not rare for Public Beta launches to be Thursday. In fact both Yosemite PB launch and iOS (8.3 PB) were Thursday's. Yes I know we're talking about Dev 3 build here, but I think dev 3 and public 1 are tied together.

Based off the typical 2 weeks between builds and the tweet that needs no mention has/had pointed all signs to this week. I my self will hope tomorrow and if not hope for Thursday. By then if there is still nothing, then to me it's very possible for next Monday or Tuesday.

Reactions: JerTheGeek

Shirasaki

macrumors P6
May 16, 2015
Another one.

Calendar analysis and some simple wishes should be ok.

I followed every single post from middle to the end, on previous post.

Now I realise everyone in here should stay calm and hope it will come "sooner" but not seriously a certain date.

I am enough to stay up waiting for the beta. I need to keep myself alive. ;) (hey, have I said this before?)

mizxco

macrumors 6502a
Jun 17, 2014

You and @C DM having so much fun in your little corner, lol.

Shirasaki

macrumors P6
May 16, 2015
Refreshing every 5 seconds for it to show up.
After previous thread, I strongly recommend you not to do this. Instead, do all everyone need to do and simply wait. Keep a peace in mind. Would it be much better?

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
A week has two ends. The front end and back end. They are stacked end to end.

So Sunday is the beginning end of the week. Check and mate.
Or weekend is Saturday and Sunday and both days are part of the end of the week. Seems like it was all covered before that just like date formats the week start and end definitions can vary between different parts of the world.

macrumors 68040
Dec 16, 2011
Is Sunday part of the weekend? Check and mate.

I'm so sick and tired of this argument, but let me explain.

For a lot of people, they see the weekend as the CLOSING of the week. My mom sees Saturday and Sunday as the weekend because she doesn't have to work those days, and she's free to do what she wants. Thus, it's now the end of her week, and Monday starts a new week for her, since she has to go to work.

For me, I see Friday and Saturday as my weekends, since I have my calendar set up to start on Sunday, and when I was in school, Friday night and Saturday were the times I'd hang out with friends most often, as Sunday was spent getting ready for school the next day. Now I work on Saturdays in the morning, but I see Sunday as the beginning just because, well I just do.

It's completely subjective.

mizxco

macrumors 6502a
Jun 17, 2014
Or weekend is Saturday and Sunday and both days are part of the end of the week. Seems like it was all covered before that just like date formats the week start and end definitions can vary between different parts of the world.

you said let it go couple posts ago, now you're picking it up again?

Seems like all the corners are having plenty of fun (as all the threads dealing with this topic show).

This, I agree with :D

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
This is getting beyond ridiculous.
This thread should be moved to wasteland.
If you have nothing useful to say here, DON'T SAY ANYTHING AT ALL.
Threads like this wouldn't really exist at all in that case.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.