iOS 9 Beta 3

Discussion in 'iOS 9' started by clunkmess, Jul 7, 2015.

1. ErikGrim macrumors 601

ErikGrim

Wow. Way to take a tongue in cheek reply way too serious. You must be fun at parties.

2. venividivigor macrumors 6502

3. ithinkwithportals macrumors regular

ithinkwithportals

It's easy to start feeling that way about the discussion when people come in and start trolling the hell out of it, it sort of makes it hard to stay interested when you're basically reading 50 pages or more of, "Oh look at my l33t Photoshop skillz, I can totally make some poor sucker believe the beta will come out 15 seconds ago" and the back-and-forth bickering and name-calling that follows. I do believe that is the reason the last two threads were closed, because they degenerated into that kind of sloppy mess. But, however, I also think if that kind of deitrus can be kept out of this thread or at least constantly nipped in the bud, that interest in the subject will rise again and it will all be good.

4. batting1000 macrumors 604

Photoshop not required. All it takes is a simple JavaScript bookmarklet.

5. ithinkwithportals macrumors regular

ithinkwithportals

My point there is that with no real effort, just a few simple tweaks to an image or page, massive trolling was successfully done and the threads went into GIGO mode. But still, that can still be avoided with some effort and a bit of luck where the users are concerned.

6. The Doctor11 macrumors 603

The Doctor11

Alright who wants to start the next thread about this once this thread gets closed for no reason?

7. ithinkwithportals macrumors regular

ithinkwithportals

The last two weren't closed for no reason, there was lots of trolling and blatant lies by a few certain users. If they stay out and don't troll and troll, the thread should stay healthy; after all, it was before those few trolls came into the threads.

8. The Doctor11 macrumors 603

The Doctor11

My money is on tomorrow 10:00am Pacific time release.

9. The Doctor11 macrumors 603

The Doctor11

They should just address the people making the troll post instead of ending a discussion we're all enjoying.

10. ithinkwithportals macrumors regular

ithinkwithportals

Yes, this seems to be a good guess right now. Unless Apple's started moving us to the three-week cycle, that's the only other reasonable date besides Thursday for the beta to land.

11. mizxco macrumors 6502a

mizxco

Apparently they explained they didn't have the man-power to moderate vs such high demand.
    The previous threads were getting few replies per refresh.

So shutting down was the easier way out.

12. Shirasaki macrumors G3

Shirasaki

At least I don't, unless everyone in here receives "official firmware released from apple server", which is, you guessed it, iOS 9 beta 3.
    I am fine discussing calendar format and which day is the first day of a week, though. ;)

13. ithinkwithportals macrumors regular

ithinkwithportals

Well, I think this thread will really get active once we get around 7:00 AM CDT, since about 3 hours before the update was supposed to be released seems to be the average starting point on any given release date, at least for the iOS 9 betas, that is.

14. mizxco macrumors 6502a

mizxco

15. ithinkwithportals macrumors regular

ithinkwithportals

16. jonblatho macrumors 65816

jonblatho

17. 0000757 macrumors 68040

I actually am, I'm a hilarious person and an even better drunk.

All this debate over the definition of a weekend and people whining about whether they got the beta "early in the week" or not is physically draining.

It's literally getting worse than that time the people in the bodybuilding forums couldn't properly count how many days were in a week.

18. Ballis macrumors 6502a

19. mariusignorello macrumors 68000

I remember a beta of iOS 7 being released Sunday around 5. It was the one where they included that profile to reset your music library.

20. mizxco macrumors 6502a

mizxco

After reading the body-building thread, I find ourselves fairly intelligent.

That was an emergency release, no?

21. ithinkwithportals macrumors regular

ithinkwithportals

Yes, but that was sort of an emergency release. They had every reason to do it off the normal schedule. Here, things are all fine and dandy so far, so they will most likely stick to the normal release schedule for now. That is, unless, of course, if they decide to release on Thursday in order to stock with the new public beta schedudle. Or, they could release the public beta on Wednesday along with the developer beta, and synchronize the two in terms of release timing.

22. mariusignorello macrumors 68000

I think so.

23. sss4r macrumors regular

I'm afraid the Apple devs partied a bit too hard over the holiday weekend....

And anyway, there are so many bugs in beta 2 that I'd prefer they take their time to eliminate as many as possible.

24. sss4r macrumors regular