Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

LewisChapman

macrumors 6502a
Jan 10, 2015
Guys lets not forget..
nvva6.jpg

lagwagon

Suspended
Oct 12, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
And public beta 1 on Thursday

Beta 3 on a Wednesday was more likely because of the holiday long weekend. And Public Beta was Thursday because, well they seem to like to launch the Public Beta Programs on A Thursday (Yosemite last summer, and 8.3 last March) iOS 9 was their third "launch" of PB and again fell on a Thursday.

firewood

macrumors G3
Jul 29, 2003
Silicon Valley
One guess is that the beta 4 release was pushed to Wednesday (1) to allow a full 2 weeks since the last beta, and (2) so as not to interfere with the news from the AAPL Tuesday earnings call.

I hope it's not delayed till next week, 'cause my Watch running beta3 has crashed/locked-up twice in the last few days and Siri is completely silent.

Reactions: Szymon Sikora

sniffies

macrumors 603
Jul 31, 2005
somewhere warm, dark, and cozy
One guess is that the beta 4 release was pushed to Wednesday (1) to allow a full 2 weeks since the last beta, and (2) so as not to interfere with the news from the AAPL Tuesday earnings call.

I hope it's not delayed till next week, 'cause my Watch running beta3 has crashed/locked-up twice in the last few days and Siri is completely silent.
did not come out, well there is always a chance its tommorow to make a full 14 days cycle
If they allow a full 2 weeks since the last beta, does that mean Wednesday release schedule from now on?

peter08po

macrumors member
Nov 13, 2013
Let's see if we are getting a bunch of threads asking about battery life and performance of beta 4.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.