Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

skwood

macrumors 6502a
Jul 8, 2013
England
I think this gives credence to the downtime playing a part in delaying these but hey I really don't care why...it's here :)

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Let's see if we are getting a bunch of threads asking about battery life and performance of beta 4.
Not to mention beta 5 threads (although I'm guessing the next one to really gain even more traction will be the public beta 2 thread).

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
and what about public beta? :/
No love for iOS 9 Public Beta 2..
So, here's something interesting--seems like those on public beta can actually get developer betas:

(from https://forums.macrumors.com/thread...ta-to-developers.1902374/page-2#post-21617838)

For those with the Public Beta Profile installed who want Developer Beta 4 (assuming apple doesn't make a new beta available for the public users), here's how to opt out of the Public Beta to get Beta 4:

-Settings > General > Profiles
-Delete the iOS 9 Public Beta Profile
-Reboot your device
-Settings > General > Software Update > Download and Install

Last edited:

gsmornot

macrumors 68040
Sep 29, 2014
I have 8.4 but have the public beta profile, all mine is doing is stuck at checking for update.

Do you have the iOS 9 Public Beta profile or one of the older 8.x profiles from the last Pubic Beta? If older, you need to delete that one and get the new one from the beta site for iOS 9.

Srcsntrk

macrumors newbie
Jul 21, 2015
Do you have the iOS 9 Public Beta profile or one of the older 8.x profiles from the last Pubic Beta? If older, you need to delete that one and get the new one from the beta site for iOS 9.

Hello, i do not have a section "profile" under general settings. Why cant i see it? I have ios 9 beta 3 installed but when i check for software update, it say it is updated ios 9. What can i do to install beta 4? Thans in advance

The Tos

macrumors 6502a
Jan 5, 2011
Buffalo, New York
I just

I just put the profile on for ios 9 today. I took the profile off and still get the same spin wheel. Doesnt even say up to date.

NewtypeCJ

macrumors 6502
Feb 27, 2005
Seattle, WA
Can't seem to update OTA on the iPhone 6. I have the Watch OS beta profile installed also, but I deleted that and tried again and nothing. Anyone been able to install this thing OTA? Argh!

EDIT: Nevermind, deleted the Watch OS profile and restarted the phone and now it shows the update OTA. :D

mizxco

macrumors 6502a
Jun 17, 2014
So, here's something interesting--seems like those on public beta can actually get developer betas:

My iPhone is dev provisioned.
iPad upgraded to iOS 9 via Public beta profile.

On the iPad, 'Beta 4' is also available from Software Update
And Pb2 is not out yet right? This is interesting.......

daijholt

macrumors 65816
Jun 14, 2013
Wales, UK
My iPhone is dev provisioned.
iPad upgraded to iOS 9 via Public beta profile.

On the iPad, 'Beta 4' is also available from Software Update
And Pb2 is not out yet right? This is interesting.......
This is probably because the PB and beta 3 were identical builds; the only reason Apple's servers treated them differently is if you had the PB profile installed. Remove that, and you're effectively running the Developer build.

Whether they continue with build number aggregation throughout the beta process remains to be seen, but judging by the fact that Apple have (perhaps unintentionally) made it very easy to jump between DP & PB, I can't see there being much consequence for updating when you're not a registered developer. Developers need the license to sign their apps before they can test them anyway. No skin off Apple's back.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.