iOS SDK for PowerPC

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by AmazingHenry, Sep 25, 2016.

1. AmazingHenry macrumors 65816

AmazingHenry

Interesting find. Was browsing the Macintosh Garden and I found a version of the iOS/iPhone OS SDK for PowerPC. It's version 2.2.1, so it's too old for any serious work, but it's probably fun if you have an older iPhone. Download it here. I haven't tested it yet but I assume you need Xcode 3.1 on Leopard. I plan to have some fun with my original iPhone later.

2. AmazingHenry thread starter macrumors 65816

AmazingHenry

This has stopped working for me, I get "Access Denied" or something like that. Can anyone else get the download?

3. Hrududu macrumors 68020

Hrududu

Just register as a developer for free at Apple.com and download all the Xcode and iOS SDK's your heart desires right from the source.

4. AmazingHenry thread starter macrumors 65816

AmazingHenry

That SDK is not downloadable from Apple anymore, and you need specific software to make it run on PPC, if I remember correctly.

5. Hrududu macrumors 68020

Hrududu

There was a script built that would allow newer versions to be installed on PPC. I think it at leased worked up until SDK 3.0 but maybe newer. Maybe worth a try if you can get a hold of a slightly newer SDK

6. AmazingHenry thread starter macrumors 65816

AmazingHenry

Thanks! But I don't think I'll be able to get a 3.0 SDK, though. Apple doesn't have these downloads anymore. I will look around, however. Maybe someone has a download.