Ios5 bugs thread

Discussion in 'iOS 5 and earlier' started by supermac96, Oct 12, 2011.

1. supermac96 macrumors 6502a

supermac96

This is a thread to post bugs or glitches you have found in iOS5 or in the install process. Don't put the "error 3200" though as there is already an extensive thread in that.

2. michael31986 macrumors 68030

im scared to update my ipod touch because i hear it ruins the album art quality?

3. nip848 macrumors newbie

Close folder gesture (swipe up) disappeared.

Close folder gesture (swipe up) disappeared.

Anyone else noticed this?

Seems a bit odd, and quite annoying having to press the home button each time?​

LED not working for alerts

Other than that, loving iOS 5 so far, despite the initial pain to get it!

4. whsbuss macrumors 68040

whsbuss

LED only working for Message & Clock alarm.

5. Resist, Oct 12, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2011

Resist macrumors 68030

I'm confused why there would even be bugs. I thought Apple tested iOS 5 prior to releasing it? It's their software and their hardware. While I appreciate Apple providing free upgrades, I am annoyed at being a free beta tester every time they release software. And I understand that software updates can be very complicated, but what happened to Apple perfection and it just works?

I say, make sure it works BEFORE releasing it.

6. batting1000 macrumors 604

Not on my iPod touch 4. All my album art is the same and looks fine.

7. mikejd1 macrumors 6502

ipad safari, clicking links opens the new tab, and nothing happens, unless you switch ot another tab, then go back. soo frustrating

8. nip848 macrumors newbie

I just had a call come in and it did flash? i haven't restarted the phone, and it does it whether its plugged into a power source or not.

9. zinka macrumors regular

iPad music player no longer has playback speed controls for podcasts, and all my podcasts are stuck playing at the old 0.5x speed.

10. iPhobic, Oct 12, 2011

iPhobic macrumors newbie

Reminders?

Reminders: I can't see the "At a location" option. Is it missing in yours?

Notification Center: Where's the icon you see on Apple's page? Some apps are shown "offline" when you pull down the Notification Center.

I guess we need to wait for an update :rolleyes:

11. whsbuss macrumors 68040

whsbuss

Reminders

Only GPS enabled devices have location services for reminders. Be sure Reminders has it set under Settings->Location Services

----------

Under "at location" in Reminders, there's a "Home" preset. If you set it wrong (like I did) you cannot reset/change/remove it. Mine has the another contact's address.

Feedback http://www.apple.com/feedback/ already sent.

12. Kallumama macrumors newbie

I could not even install it. I tried to do it 6 hrs ago and first is said it needed to back up the phone which it did and then down loaded the upgrade. Then it attempts to restore and that's when it's says some error has occurred and it cannot continue.

Any idea what went wrong?

13. HelveticaNeue macrumors 6502a

HelveticaNeue

Notification centre doesn't have an icon. It isn't an app. Apple just created an icon for it for the keynote and website to identify it, like how multitasking has an icon on Apple's site.

The location feature is there in Reminders. Create a reminder, tap it, click the remind me box which is defaulted to Never, then choose At a Location.

14. Arien157 macrumors member

I can't put News Stand in a folder. It bad enough I can't delete it, but I can't even hide it?! smh.

15. NYR99 macrumors 6502a

That's because Newsstand is a folder. You can't put a folder in a folder.

16. Comeagain? macrumors 68020

Comeagain?

Read the other threads. Newstand is a folder itself. Just like you can't put a folder in a folder, Newstand cannot be put in a folder.

17. Blaker101 macrumors newbie

On my iPod touch 4G, all of my songs are messed up! Half of the album artwork shows up & some artists names don't appear. Hopefully they can fix this.

18. whsbuss macrumors 68040

whsbuss

Reminders Location - RESOLVED

Ok I found the fix. Under Settings->Mail,Contacts,Calendars scroll down to Contacts and set the My Info to the contact (in my case my name with Home address) you want.

This now shows the Home location in Reminders with that info!!!

YIPPIE!!!!

19. wetrix macrumors 6502

wetrix

But newsstand is also an app (it shows up in the app switching menu).

20. C5Longhorn, Oct 12, 2011

C5Longhorn macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

The address bar in Safari fades out at the end like it has a burned out pixel.

Edit: Could someone post a screenshot of their address bar in Safari for this thread? I'm wondering if this is an issue with the release or my hardware.

21. Arien157 macrumors member

That is the stupidest thing I have ever heard. I'm never going to use this "app", but now I have to still look at it? That's retarded.

22. LT Peanut macrumors newbie

I never even knew about the swipe up gesture. Tapping anywhere on the screen outside of the folder works, or on the folder icon itself. Much easier than pressing the home button. :)

23. supermac96 thread starter macrumors 6502a

supermac96

My album art has been deleted on my iPad 2 and safari randomly quits sometimes.

24. scottish macrumors 6502a

After 4 years you still cannot remove (or simply hide) default apps you will never use!

25. Tones2 macrumors 65816

Lyrics are no longer displayed in the Music app. This BETTER be a bug!!

Tony