iOS5 Notifications question

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Blorzoga, Oct 7, 2011.

1. Blorzoga macrumors 68030

Blorzoga

Will notifications on iOS 5 work with any existing app that supports notifications (i.e. badges, sounds), or will the app have to be updated? I currently have an email client (Good for Enterprise) which I use with Lotus Notes, that only pushes notifications not actual emails. Will those notifications appear in the pull down list, or will I have to wait for an update from the vendor?

2. AFPoster macrumors 65816

When I was using the developer edition it did, I would think it would still carry over to the "master" version.

3. Blorzoga thread starter macrumors 68030

Blorzoga

Cool. Thanks.

4. Ivan P macrumors 68030

Ivan P

All the betas and the GM have worked perfectly with all the apps installed on my iPhone in regards to notifications (obviously all of them being "4.x compatible"). I'd say it uses the exact same notification API's, it's just the way they're displayed that is different.

5. DoFoT9 macrumors P6

DoFoT9

i am fairly certain you are correct with this. each application will obviously hold an ID that tells the API what application its coming from. iOS5 can distinguish these individually and see which settings you have chosen for the notifications and display it how you have chosen.

has always worked perfectly for me :)

note: i think that when the screen is locked, you ALWAYS get the multiple notifications thing happening, as opposed to individual.