Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gquiring

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 19, 2007
SC
I upgraded to iOS 6 on my Verizon iPad 3 and I get no Wifi. It shows my network, it connects and says it's not a working internet. I rebooted twice and no better. FYI, the wifi works because my laptop is working fine.

machpost

macrumors 6502
Jan 28, 2010
Washington, DC
Same problem after updating to iOS6 on my iPad 2 :(

I'm able to connect to WiFi, but then some strange Log In page pops up, with an apple.com Page Not Found page showing up. Something is very screwed up here.

suresh31

macrumors regular
Nov 28, 2007
Pennsylvania
same problem here..wifi wont connect no matter what. It was connected before updating to ios6. iphone 4s, iphone 4, macbook pro, macbook air all connect.

what a crap !

tjminter

macrumors newbie
Jun 18, 2009
Same problem here. iPad2. No similar issue with the iPhones or Macbook pros in the house.

jdsolo

macrumors newbie
Apr 6, 2008
I have an iPad3 and I have the same problem. The wifi is detecting the router. It's detecting 10 other routers nearby. It just can't stay connected.

lascott

macrumors member
Oct 28, 2007
Baltimore
my wifes ipad 3 did the same, i power cycled mine also updated earlier and now it goes to the login page too..

i have a airport extreme base station

Flat Six

macrumors newbie
Jul 14, 2012
I'm having the same problem on an iPad 2, it detects the network, but can't connect after a login page pops up. My network is working fine, no problem with computer and iPhone (iOS6).
Can't connect to my neighbors network either: same problem, a mysterious login page pops up.

phong

macrumors newbie
Nov 30, 2002
Same problem on my iPad 3 trying to connect to an AirPort Express (3rd gen). Terrible...

Also tried a hard reset, didn't help.

jdsolo

macrumors newbie
Apr 6, 2008
For some reason, mine started working.

Try putting it to airplane mode and then turn on the wifi from there. After it started working, I took it off Airplane mode and no problems yet.

Edit: Damnit.. I spoke too soon. It worked for a good 5 minutes. It's stopped working again...

kbright1892

macrumors member
Jun 12, 2009
iPad 3 4G. Wifi not working here either. Linksys E3000 router. Doesn't sound like it matters what you're connecting to. How does this issue make it past testing?

Flat Six

macrumors newbie
Jul 14, 2012
For some reason, mine started working.

Try putting it to airplane mode and then turn on the wifi from there. After it started working, I took it off Airplane mode and no problems yet.

Edit: Damnit.. I spoke too soon. It worked for a good 5 minutes. It's stopped working again...

Tried it, but no solution here. The login page pops up and the connection is lost.

roznstyle

macrumors newbie
Feb 23, 2011
No ability to connect with Apple Timecapsule 2nd Gen after ios 6 update

Wow this is pretty serious. I updated my IP4 with IOS 6 and now it won't let me connect with my timecapsule. NO issue prior to update and now it tries to connect and takes me to some 'login' page on apple.com to knowhere.

HOW COULD THEY MESS THIS UP??????????

hismikeness

macrumors regular
Jun 2, 2009
3rd gen ipad. Airport base station. Did over the air update. Wifi Broke.

I'm a little bit more than frustrated. Wifi is working fine on non updated iPhone4 and Mac Mini.

NYY FaN

macrumors 6502
Jun 22, 2009
New York
the most concerning thing is, how the HELL is this supposed to be fixed? We can't connect to download an update

Matt8045

macrumors regular
Mar 2, 2012
Alright I spoke too soon, now my iPad 3 no longer is connecting to wifi. It was working for about 20 minutes then I made that post and jinxed myself. Ahhh

Skunkape123

macrumors member
Oct 15, 2011
I had this happen too, so I went into the wifi settings and did "forget this network". Then I reconnected to my wifi and it has been working since.

Just something to try

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.