Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

E2EK1EL

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 19, 2012
Yeah that boggles my mind, ppl till get motion sickness b/c of the two neon gradients on the white backgrounds.

I show this to the GF before she was lucky enough to get a iOS 6 replacement, she didn't understand what I was explain and just said "did the phone just crashed? That animation looks like when a shoddy app crashes"

Retired Cat

macrumors 65816
Jun 12, 2013
Took me a while but finally, all of my devices are now running ios 7. Updated and not looking back.

Me too, although I only have one device (iPhone 5).

I have left iOS 6 behind forever. I still dislike many of the iOS 7 icons, so I exiled the ones I don't use to a folder that I don't have to look at.

I'll miss iOS 6 color scheme, and glass and metal textures, but I don't miss the felt, leather, and other useless skeumorphism features. iOS 7 is on balance more convenient for me to use. And Apple also fixed the broken WiFi driver, so I actually have useable bandwidth at home now.

moldy lunchbox

macrumors 6502a
Sep 9, 2010
Sunny California
I'm sticking with iOS 6 for the jailbreak and battery life. Although the 60fps video recording api on iOS 7 has tempted me several times...I can hold out for the jailbreak though. :cool:

MagicHAM

macrumors 6502
Sep 2, 2013
Australia
Battery life in ios6 is amazing so I'm sticking with it. Especially on the ipad 3.

I am fortunately got lucky because i had to take my previous ipad 3 yesterday -to my local Apple store after the sound started crackling. Out of good faith they gave me a new ipad 3.(to replace the other one) And to my surprise it had ios6 on it :) So i am going to leave it there. It runs faster and it seems to be more "professional standard" like for my liking. Although its apparently downloaded the ios7 update, but i have no plans to install it. :)

arcite

macrumors 6502a
Battery life in ios6 is amazing so I'm sticking with it. Especially on the ipad 3.

I am fortunately got lucky because i had to take my previous ipad 3 yesterday -to my local Apple store after the sound started crackling. Out of good faith they gave me a new ipad 3.(to replace the other one) And to my surprise it had ios6 on it :) So i am going to leave it there. It runs faster and it seems to be more "professional standard" like for my liking. Although its apparently downloaded the ios7 update, but i have no plans to install it. :)

Ipad3 here too, resisting that's update button for a while longer ;)

SA Spyder

macrumors regular
Oct 15, 2012
Traded my iOS7 iPhone 5 for an iOS 6 one.

Sweet Jesus the crisp animations, the matured design, the sheer snappiness, the battery life.

I'm never going back to that POS "update."

E2EK1EL

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 19, 2012
Traded my iOS7 iPhone 5 for an iOS 6 one.

Sweet Jesus the crisp animations, the matured design, the sheer snappiness, the battery life.

I'm never going back to that POS "update."

Welcome back to reality, ppl will never realize it until they try or have the privilege to use iOS 6 again.

You tell them every that's wrong with iOS 7 they won't even admit it and always fall back on "I have a flashlight now"

Last edited:

undesign

macrumors regular
Nov 4, 2013
How can an iPhone 4 or 4S lag after iOS 7, a system thats looks even more basic than its predecessor? I mean, does iOS even have true multitasking?

I dont have an iPhone, but did Apple really botch iOS with ver. 7?

Ann P

macrumors 68020
Jun 29, 2009
California
Welcome back to reality, ppl will never realize it until they try or have the privilege to use iOS 6 again.

Yeah tell them every that's wrong with iOS 7 they won't even admit and always fall back on "I have a flashlight now"

Speak for yourself. I've had the "privilege" to use iOS 6 several times and I can't see myself ever going back.

JackieInCo

Suspended
Jul 18, 2013
Colorado
I couldn't wait to get back to 7.0 on my iPad. I had tried 7.0 on release and sicovered one app I used daily didn't work correctly. They updated it and after nearly two weeks, I upgraded back to 7.0.

When I had downgraded, I was thinking of selling my mini wit 6.1.3 back on it but I knew I would regret selling the mini all together. Kept it and upgraded back to 7.0 and I am loving it. I like that SIRI now is a full screen app and that apps made for the iPhone can now run full screen using better graphics then before and no longer look pixelated like when using iPhone apps previously when pressing that 2X button

Can't wait to get the new Retina Mini.

E2EK1EL

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 19, 2012
That what they all say LOL

By the time you guys are waiting for your animations delays & fit to screen to be completed, all of us on iOS 6 will already be done and completed all of our tasks.

That "if" you guys don't run into all these bugs and crashes, have fun squinting your eyes for all the pencil thin fonts, bright neon gradients slapped on a white background.

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/1644922/

JackieInCo

Suspended
Jul 18, 2013
Colorado
That what they all say LOL

By the time you guys are waiting for your animations delays & fit to screen to be completed, all of us on iOS 6 will already be done and completed all of our tasks.

That "if" you guys don't run into all these bugs and crashes, have fun squinting your eyes for all the pencil thin fonts, bright neon gradients slapped on a white background.

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/1644922/

Haven't noticed any of these problems. I did turn on the setting to make the font bold and now it's just like 6.1.3. You can also change the setting for reduce motion. I'm happy with 7.0 now.

E2EK1EL

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 19, 2012
Haven't noticed any of these problems. I did turn on the setting to make the font bold and now it's just like 6.1.3. You can also change the setting for reduce motion. I'm happy with 7.0 now.

Surprised you haven't seen the most common and easiest bug to reconstruct, the status bar being stuck in landscape mode bug.

Sorry none of my browsers are uploading images properly since MacRumors went down.

601571_10151981233398908_1571984028_n.jpg

Bolding the fonts in iOS 7 doesn't make the typography of iOS 6 return, the fonts are bolder than iOS 6. It actually makes everything worse by clashing bold & thin fonts with the pencil thin dividing lines and outlines. The entire design layout is right off at this point. The neon gradients, bold white fonts and the white or bright backgrounds is even more "busy" and harder to the eyes, b/c the "kerning" is too close together. First year of college Typography class 101, you would tossed out of class presenting that type of "mixed" fonts in your design layouts for your assignments.

Reduced motion is now even more whacked. In iOS 7.0-7.0.2 this function was very useful to get rid of the cheesy Lucky Charms parallax F/X and keep the animations running. Now with 7.0.3-7.0.4 you don't have a choice if you want to keep the animation and turn off parallax F/X. Turning reduced motion doesn't help with the speeds, the delays are more noticeable and you still gotta wait with the "new animation" The fade in & out F/X was introduced 10 years ago to hide how slow certain CPUs were running on the old Palm PDA and Treo 600s.

Last edited:

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Surprised you haven't seen the most common and easiest bug to reconstruct, the status bar being stuck in landscape mode bug.

Sorry none of my browsers are uploading images properly since MacRumors went down.

Bolding the fonts in iOS 7 doesn't make the typography of iOS 6 return, the fonts are bolder than iOS 6. It actually makes everything worse by clashing bold & thin fonts with the pencil thin dividing lines and outlines. The entire design layout is right off at this point. The neon gradients, bold white fonts and the white or bright backgrounds is even more "busy" and harder to the eyes, b/c the "kerning" is too close together. First year of college Typography class 101, you would tossed out of class presenting that type of "mixed" fonts in your design layouts for your assignments.

Reduced motion is now even more whacked. In iOS 7.0-7.0.2 this function was very useful to get rid of the cheesy Lucky Charms parallax F/X and keep the animations running. Now with 7.0.3-7.0.4 you don't have a choice if you want to keep the animation and turn off parallax F/X. Turning reduced motion doesn't help with the speeds, the delays are more noticeable and you still gotta wait with the "new animation" The fade in & out F/X was introduced 10 years ago to hide how slow certain CPUs were running on the old Palm PDA and Treo 600s.
I would say that the reduce motion setting now does more of what it was always meant to do than it did before--if it was only for parallax it would have been called a parallax setting, not a general motion setting. That's not to say that it would be nice to have parallax separated out for those who might want to disable one, but not the other, but in it's current form it seems to be doing more of what it was actually meant for, and is actually more useful for more people than before (even though it can certainly still be improved).

E2EK1EL

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 19, 2012
I would say that the reduce motion setting now does more of what it was always meant to do than it did before--if it was only for parallax it would have been called a parallax setting, not a general motion setting. That's not to say that it would be nice to have parallax separated out for those who might want to disable one, but not the other, but in it's current form it seems to be doing more of what it was actually meant for, and is actually more useful for more people than before (even though it can certainly still be improved).

Yeah for sure, both functions need their own toggle switches. Apple literally took the definition of Reduced Motion to reduced all motions.

When the GF's IP4S first replacement came with iOS 7.0.2, I explained what they did in 7.0.3 and didn't want to update to it, even if she had to face the iMessage bug.

THiPad

macrumors member
Sep 19, 2010
I kept ios6 on my ipad2.
I love the realistic look and functions of the icons and apps.
Mac/Apple are known for their artistic style and graphics.
It will stay on my Ipad as a tribute to Steve Jobs.

However, I did upgrade my iPad Mini to ios7.
Its very flat, and simple looking.
Nothing to get excited about, but I do love "flicking" to close apps. very cool.

Primejimbo

macrumors 68040
Aug 10, 2008
Around
The ppl who like iOS 7's design are the ones who really didn't pass Grade 1 colouring class.

I just love how people think they are better than others because they are still on the old OS. :rolleyes:
I love it, I think it's great and yes took me some time to get use to it. I wouldn't go back to iOS 6 if they offered it to me, and I have an iPad Air and I think the OS and hardware are great.

cammyg123

macrumors regular
Nov 18, 2013
United States
iOS 7 didn't live up to the hype.

I have the most recent iOS update currently Pre-installed on my iPad Air, and personally I think the development was too focused on looks and esthetics that they seemed to miss a lot of simple bugs, that really shouldn't occur.

If you're like me, using your device for power usage, like education and work, stay on iOS 6. Or if you are just not liking the new look, I'd recommend staying on iOS 6 as well. There is no real compelling features in iOS 7 that is really worth putting up with all it's problems.

If usage on your iOS mobile device is more just the average usage, such as games and social networking, iOS 7 will do just fine for you. All of the apps run great, but some of the power features are pretty rough, but if you don't use those features, iOS 7 is great for you.

I made the decision after trying iOS 7 too keep my 4th generation iPad on the 6th release, and I use that iPad for work and education. Meanwhile, my iPad air is running iOS 7, and I use that for more personal usage.

Hope this helps.

BFG86

macrumors 6502
Oct 14, 2011
If all the apps I use update to ios 7 I might switch. But so far I still use a lot of apps that haven't put out an update since ios 7 came heck. Heck even apple was slow to update with some of their apps just getting updated a couple weeks ago. I think apple is really trying to annoy people on 6 to switching though cause now I'm getting popups on the springboard telling me there is an update.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.