Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cynics

macrumors G4
Jan 8, 2012
My 5S is worse. This is about the best I've got so far without using the low battery feature. 7 hours was about was I was getting. So I'm getting what Apple advertised with iOS 9, about 1 hour less battery....wait a minute!

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    112.3 KB · Views: 148

estabya

macrumors 6502a
Jun 28, 2014
My 5S is worse. This is about the best I've got so far without using the low battery feature. 7 hours was about was I was getting. So I'm getting what Apple advertised with iOS 9, about 1 hour less battery....wait a minute!

My 5S has also gotten much worse. Today I had 14 hours standby and 3.5 hours usage, and my phone was down to under 25%. I hope a fix comes soon! Other than that though I have been loving iOS 9!

Yun0

macrumors 68000
Jun 12, 2013
Winnipeg, Canada
Mine is massively diminished on my 5s.

I'm skeptical of your claims as you also said that the 4s sees a speed increase when going from iOS 7 to iOS 9......

yes, ive used several 4s on ios9 they were either equal or faster than ios 8.4.1, im beside a 5s right now, its absolutely wonderful on ios 9.0, & the owner agrees..other 4s owners also seen a speedup with ios 9 vs ios 8.4.1

stulaw11

Suspended
Jan 25, 2012
Background refresh is only one part of it, some apps being able to run in the background indefinitely after they are used is another part of it (which is unrelated to background refresh).

Yeh I wish Apple would crack down on this. I have a few popular apps NOT on background refresh that have background activity of 1-2 hours in 24 hours unless I manually kill them (a PITA to do each time I want to use those apps). Clearly they arent properly pausing their state as they should.

yzjustdatguy

macrumors regular
Dec 2, 2013
Atlanta
Yeh I wish Apple would crack down on this. I have a few popular apps NOT on background refresh that have background activity of 1-2 hours in 24 hours unless I manually kill them (a PITA to do each time I want to use those apps). Clearly they arent properly pausing their state as they should.
Thats not Apple's fault. The developers of the Apps had since June to get their apps optimized for iOS 9. 3 months. Its on them at this point. They should've had the apps updated on day 1 of iOS 9's release

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Thats not Apple's fault. The developers of the Apps had since June to get their apps optimized for iOS 9. 3 months. Its on them at this point. They should've had the apps updated on day 1 of iOS 9's release
There might be something related to that as well, but mostly it seems some apps basically abusing some capabilities that they supposedly have (for example Facebook likely declaring that it has VoIP capabilities and using that as a way to run in the background for longer periods of time, if not indefinitely--at least that has been one of the main theories behind that, given that that type of thing was happening in iOS 8 and even 7 as I recall).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.