Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tylerhink27

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 20, 2015
I had an issue when updating my iPhone 6 Plus to iOS9. When the beta was released a while back, I download it and--to my dismay--it caused my iPhone to crash every time it went to sleep while it was not charging or connected to my computer. Every time my phone would go to sleep, and when I tried to wake it up again, it was unresponsive (on the black screen). I had to reset the iPhone in order for it to work again. I thought it was just a beta issue, so I downgraded and waited for the final release. When iOS9 came out, I discovered I had the same exact issue. I luckily was able to downgrade back to iOS 8. I'm currently running iOS 8.4 (or whatever the last release of iOS 8 was), and I am afraid to upgrade to iOS 9.1. When I contacted Apple about the issue, they acted like they had no idea what the issue was. Has anyone else had this issue? Has anyone found a resolution?

iphonedude2008

macrumors 65816
Nov 7, 2009
Irvine, CA
Nope I've never had this issue. You should be fine though if you update and set it us as a new phone by restoring in iTunes. Otherwise your backups may bring corrupted files with them.

tylerhink27

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 20, 2015
Nope I've never had this issue. You should be fine though if you update and set it us as a new phone by restoring in iTunes. Otherwise your backups may bring corrupted files with them.
I've actually tried it numerous times, once even without bringing my backups and it didn't help. Could it be a hardware issue?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.