iP4 replacement question

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Zord, Jun 5, 2011.

1. Zord macrumors 6502

Zord

I have been having trouble with my iPhone 4 for the last 2 months. The main issue is the Home button not working properly.

It won't work when I push it most of the time and other times it will think I have pushed it twice when i have only pushed it once.

So I'm thinking I may need to see what the Apple Store can do for me.

My question is this: I have heard of Apple Stores replacing iPhones with this problem, What are the chances they would replace mine with a White iPhone 4 if I asked?

Or does it have to be Black??

2. 42streetsdown macrumors 6502a

42streetsdown

They'll certainly fix hardware defects, but i dunno about switch to white. probably not

3. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

They give you the same exact phone you turn in. If you want white, you can sell your black iPhone, then pay full price for a white one.

4. JLemm macrumors regular

They replaced mine, but they wont give you a white iphone... I tried!

5. awadeee macrumors 68020

awadeee

They will replace your phone without hesitation but it's going to be black and of the same storage capacity as your current model. They don't switch colors.

If you want white so bad, convert your iPhone after you get your free replacement.

6. Zord thread starter macrumors 6502

Zord

Thanks for the replies guys! One last question: I would assume that I would need to Restore the phone before I take it to them and set it up as "New iPhone" right??