IP4 Works?? Prove it here!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Darwing, Jul 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darwing macrumors 6502

okay so many people are saying i don't have the problem, would one of those people PLEASE post a video, show it indoors using death grip and non-signal loss after hopefully 20 seconds, and replicate it outdoors..

i have yet to see a video of this working and thus, just believe the fanboy allegiance.

2. Fidget08 macrumors regular

Fidget08

There was a thread going out here recently that is asking something like what you want. It has like 100 pages so you should be able to find your answer there if nothing comes of this thread.

3. brentsg macrumors 68040

I consider my iP4 as being non-problematic.

But here's the thing. Yes, if I sit around at home and play with it trying to replicate death grips etc, etc then I'm sure I could identify a problem.

However, if I just simply use the damn thing like I did my 3G then it's a better phone. I've had crazy-fast 3G data speeds with the new phone and I've yet to have a single dropped call. My 3G dropped calls every single day.

I don't concern myself with how I hold my phone either. I simply just use it. I understand that some people are having issues. I get that. But I also think that some people are sitting around trying to find problems to bitch about also.

4. Darwing thread starter macrumors 6502

its a very simple request, there are several videos out there showing this issue, and NONE (that I know of) showing it in death grip and NOT search for signal...

all im asking is for one video... the golden phone will get praised and critiqued by thousands!

5. samcraig macrumors P6

Silly thread - sorry. Calling for proof either way on here is not going to be productive. If I post "proof" mine doesn't work - someone will refute it. If I post "proof" my phone does work - someone will refute it.

6. 0dev macrumors 68040

0dev

There was another thread like this which grew into loads of pages, but I never saw one post actually answer the OP's request. Hmm.

7. STEVESKI07 macrumors 68000

STEVESKI07

8. Darwing thread starter macrumors 6502

LOL hahaha first off... take a look at where he is doing this test!!! it has been confirmed that in apple stores it does not lose signal HOWEVER as soon as you get home it DOES!!

[​IMG]

Second y is he holding it up there?? thats not a "death grip" the issue is bottom left...

9. roland.g macrumors 603

roland.g

+1.

No dropped calls at all since getting iPhone 4. Dropped calls daily on 3G.

Bought bumper not to get around antenna issue, but because I wanted one. Took bumper off when my gelaskin arrived. Gelaskin covers the strip. But I tried to replicate the issue with no skin and no bumper on.

Here's what I found:

1. OMG, Yes! My signal dropped if I held the phone a certain way for long enough. But I still didn't drop a call, just less bars.

2. Yes, it was a deathgrip. As in my hand started to friggin' hurt from holding my phone so unnaturally.

3. This phone is better than my 3G and works great for me. I'm not going to make something out of nothing. But at the same time won't write off those who have a legitimate gripe.

I do not doubt that this is a problem for some people. I also believe it is a little bit of the phenomenon of how many people would have the problem/experience it as a problem, if it wasn't publicized and they weren't either trying to replicate it or trying to make a mountain out of a molehill. In other words, it's 50% psychological.

But for all the people who are walking around using their phones with their hands all contorted like it's a game of twister and then complaining that OMG, Apple has designed a flaw blah blah blah blah....

W
    H
    A
    T
    E
    V
    E
    R

Edit:

That is about the dumbest thing I have heard. Apple would have no way, nor is there anything scientific that says that it would not lose reception in an Apple Store. The youtube video shows one phone losing reception, the other not. So if the youtube video shows 1 iPhone losing signal in an Apple Store, how can it be "confirmed that in apple stores it does not lose signal"? He holds both phones the same, with first his thumb, then his palm over the lower left, and then tries the top.

10. Ferris23 macrumors 68020

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=966171&highlight=magical

Tried this, got nothing.

I can make a video of how I can't drop calls at work, or outside in most places in my area. However at my house I can make signal drop with ease. Not an issue for me, but this is a problem with ALL phones.

Here is my phone, being held for 5 minutes, not a single bar drop. Means nothing.

[​IMG]

11. Jordan921 macrumors 68040

Jordan921

12. Darwing thread starter macrumors 6502

this is the closest to proof I've seen that some work, however you did say that in your home (AS I WAS SAYING OUTSIDE APPLE STORES) it is easy to drop the signal to drop a call.. this is a defect on all phones,

which is what im trying to prove to those opeople out there that claim they dont have an issue.. YES ITS A GLOBAL DEFECT!...

13. roland.g macrumors 603

roland.g

Sensationalism is only effective with replication to spread it. If it is contained, it is not as effective. People who are happy gather to discuss. Those who look to cast doubt and make noise do so by shouting the same thing in as many places as possible. Eventually they go hoarse.

14. STEVESKI07 macrumors 68000

STEVESKI07

Oh yeah? Who "confirmed" this? It looks like this video just "un-confirmed" this because one of the phone's did lose signal. Whether your main question is answered in this video is questionable but the fact that iphone's don't lose signal in apple stores is clearly disproven. Maybe because some 12 year old kid on a forum posted this theory because he had reception in an apple store and not his house doesn't make something "confirmed."

People in this forum love using the terms Confirmed, Fact, and Proven when 90% of the time it isn't.

15. yankintx macrumors 6502

How about...Get a life!

16. roland.g macrumors 603

roland.g

It's like those threads with "Official" or even worse "OFFICIAL" in the thread title.

17. 0dev macrumors 68040

0dev

Apple has admitted that the bars are inaccurate, so why use them to measure your signal in these tests?

18. Ferris23 macrumors 68020

The people that claim they don't have the issue probably don't, but their phone does. It just happens to be where they are doesn't have weak signal regardless of bars.

At work I CAN NOT make signal drop, I hold the phone with my giant hand and nothing happens.

When I am at home:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMgSGp-ns3c

That happens. (Yes, that is me. I was pissed when I didn't know what was going on and was fixated on it on the 23rd when I got the phone. Now I just use it as normal and have no problems, yes it has the signal issue, but the way I use the phone it just doesn't make it an issue for me)

For the record I can make all 10-12 display phones in my local Apple store drop signal, I know because I did it. lol

19. Ferris23 macrumors 68020

It's not a good measure that's for sure, but chances are if you only have 2 bars or so that you are in a relatively weak signal area and a good spot to test reception loss from touching the dreaded left seam.

20. livingonvideo13 macrumors regular

livingonvideo13

I think all iPhones suffer from the "Death Grip" but there are so many variables that just having somebody say theirs works perfectly of even posting a picture/video is not going to be proof.

The only we are going to know for sure if there are iPhone4s out there that don't have reception issues is get a person who claims they have a problem with their phone together with one that claims their phone does not have a problem.

Have the person that says their phone does not have a problem show up at the same location as the other person who can replicate the problem on their phone. Have them both do the exact same test on both phones and see what the result is.

Until somebody does this, there is to many variables trying to figure out if some phones don't have the problem.

21. makefunnyfaces macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A293 Safari/6531.22.7)

+1. Right on the money. I don't have any issues with my phone, but I'm not actively seeking them, either. It works fine how I'm using it, so why worry about some problem that isn't noticeable to me? I don't have time on my hands to twiddle my thumbs & try to find something I can bitch about. :p

22. LordOBoogie macrumors 6502a

LordOBoogie

Mine works great and has since June 23. Not a single problem.

I'm not producing some elaborate video to show you. It just does. So suck it.

23. brentsg macrumors 68040

I think that's a pretty fair response to an OP that has the word fanboy in it.

24. bigred7078 macrumors 6502a

bigred7078

Here ya go

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUZVRUZZTFU

25. decadentdave macrumors 6502

My phone works. Give me your number and we'll Facetime. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.