iPad 10.5 Keyboard Options

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by ggibson913, Apr 17, 2018.

1. ggibson913 macrumors 6502a

ggibson913

Hi guys,

I have a 10.5 inch iPad Pro and am going to a conference soon. I thought I would use my iPad to take notes or record important topics that I hear about. Obviously, the standout would be the 10.5 inch iPad keyboard case. But I was also considering getting an Apply Keyboard to use in conjunction with my smart cover that I already own as a less expensive option. Any experience in these user scenarios would they both be the same or would one be worse than the other?

2. sparksd macrumors 68000

3. Frankfurt macrumors 6502

Frankfurt

I have an ASK paired with a Khomo companion case and find it a fantastic combo. Easy to use, easy to set up easy to store.

4. ScottNWDW macrumors 65816

ScottNWDW

I just purchased the 10.5 iPad Pro. I had the 9.7 iPad Pro and didn't care much for the Apple Keyboard, so this time round I went with the Logitech Slim Combo. It's a full case type thing. It DOES at a bit of weight to the iPad, but at $129 it does provide a very nice iPad case along with a smart keyboard that actually feels like a keyboard AND on top of that it lights up as well. It uses the smart connector on the iPad and also has a pencil holder for your Apple Pencil. In addition, when you don't need the keyboard it pops off just like the Apple one, and your iPad can be used with just the back case, which comes with a kickstand type thing in the back where you can set your iPad at just about any angle you want similar to the Microsoft Surface. You can also stand up your iPad in portrait mode to set it on a table for hands free use with FaceTime if you so desire. CIyLlIFCT7aBW4WFoVNeSw.jpg

Although it does add some weight and thicken to the iPad, I am very happy with it so far. The only drawback I can see at the moment is that when using the keyboard I fell like I am actually using a laptop and find myself wanting to use a the trackpad, which is not there LOL.

Overall though, I'm enjoying it so far

5. mofunk macrumors 68020

mofunk

Go to Best Buy or Apple store and see which ones fit your fingers

6. ericwn macrumors 68020

I think @mofunk has the best idea here - check the keyboards out in person as it might not be to your liking once you try them in a store.

Personally, I use the slim combo on my 12.9 and would have a look at that one for the easily adjustable kickstand, the great feeling keyboard with backlight and the ability to store the pencil.

7. Synomenon macrumors 6502

Yes, best option would be to go to somewhere locally where you can see a couple of these options to try. I ended up going with a Brydge keyboard for my 10.5. No issues with it fitting my iPad which is wearing a glass screen protector and a carbon fiber skin from DBrand.

8. ggibson913 thread starter macrumors 6502a

ggibson913

Thanks everyone, I got the Smart Keyboard for the conference. It worked out very well. especially given Apple's generous 14 Day return policy. ;)