IPAD 2 black or white bezel ??

Discussion in 'iPad' started by igoodso, Mar 6, 2011.

1. igoodso macrumors member

is the white one feminine what do other think

2. applefanDrew macrumors 65816

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

Black is better.

3. nmills macrumors regular

4. stanleyboy macrumors regular

stanleyboy

I had a iPad before, now I'm going to go for a White one

5. Tycoonguy macrumors regular

I'm getting the black. The white looks girly, reflects more light & will look dirtier.

6. Dr Kevorkian94 macrumors 68020

The white is nice I had black and I'm leaning towards white. The white won't show prints and the color is infer the glass so it won't be that bad with dirt. I'll probably end up getting black but I still like the the white

7. Tinknock71 macrumors 6502

Tinknock71

I have been thinking the same thing.:D

8. r2fa3l macrumors regular

the white's cool. but it'll prolly be the first to go.

i really don't care though, both look awesome

9. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

The white is not feminine, but the pink smart cover is.

10. Bob Caruthers macrumors newbie

My iPod is white and my iPad will be too. With an orange cover!

11. Lansing macrumors newbie

Nonsense! White iPad and pink smart cover will be the manliest combination possible! One look and ladies everywhere will know, you are not compensating for anything! :cool:

12. jbg232 macrumors 65816

jbg232

Agreed

13. Gofre macrumors regular

I'm going for whichever shows up scratches the least. Leaning towards the white on sheer aesthetics, although neither are bad looking by any stretch [=

14. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

LOL.. Even if you stick the ipad down your pants ? ;):D

15. Piggie macrumors 604

Piggie

16. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Yeah the problem seems to me that the interface of the ipad and it's wallpapers really look strange against the white bezel.

Compared to the black where the os seems to just sit there rather than looking out of place.

[​IMG]

The OS just fits in with the black.

[​IMG]

Whereas it looks a little ajar on white and slightly out of place in these shots.

With video footage the white may look more out of place.

I had said I was going to get the 64GB White, but when I eventually go to pre-order or collect I may end up changing my mind.

17. aibo82 macrumors 6502

I think someone had the white balance set to magnolia on these shots! as if thats the white we are getting I will skip the white one it does look ugly!

Looks like warm white on the shots ipad should be diamond white!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NyDo5HZEZYY hands on here with garage band with white ipad! it does look a very warm white! YUK!!!

18. fishcube macrumors 6502

All depends on what wallpaper you use. I prefer the look of the white bezel. I hate the black bezels, that includes other devices also.

19. DarwinOSX macrumors 65816

The white seems like it would be distracting.

20. Pixellated macrumors 65816

I think the white bezel looks quite tacky and cheap. And it has been proven that a black bezel makes the screen feel bigger and the contrast seem better.

21. Gryzor macrumors 6502

Ah haha!

I'm looking out of a window right now and it's dark outside. On the glossy white inserts inside the double glazing that give the effect of smaller panes of glass, I see very little of my reflection. On the rest of the glass where it's effectively "black", I can see my reflection clearly. Don't confuse the physics of why white is white and the correlation with reflections... As for looking dirtier, how did you work that out? The white is a coating UNDERNEATH the glass, and if anything can hide fingerprints better than black, white sure can. Seriously, your reasoning is weak, and people would have more respect for you if you just said you didn't like it. Calling it "girly" and coming up with weak excuses is pathetic. I guess you never had anything white in your life at all, ever...an Apple fanboy not liking white...aye... :rolleyes:

22. v66jack macrumors 6502a

v66jack

I think i need to see the white in person before I can make a decision. But I'd quite like a white iPad just because it's different

I think the white iPhone looks tacky, but the white iPad, I quite like.

23. t3* macrumors newbie

has anyone noticed the thin black frame which is visible around the display? it's even there on the first gen. ipad, but barely visible because of the black bezel.

and every photo or video i've seen of the ipad 2 shows it too.

now choosing the white one gets you the white bezel, then a thin black line around the display and then the screen content. for every app using anything else than a black or very dark background, this feels somehow distracting to me.

so i'll go for the black one, even if the white one looks more airy and lighter to me...

24. iMattcotv macrumors 6502

iMattcotv

I wouldnt buy a white iPad if I were you..

Im certain their resale value would be less..

I mean, the price of the black and white iPad down the road come iPad 3 launch will be similar, but not alot of people would want the white variant, so if your someone like me who upgrades each year and does so by selling the current for $100 less and pays that extra money for the latest, then by all means buy the most popular color:

Black.

25. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

If I was buying one, I would get white.
    I think white will look nice.