iPad 2...Black or White?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by ty7u5, Sep 19, 2011.

1. ty7u5 macrumors member

I will soon have saved up enough money for an iPad 2 (take into consideration I'm just about to turn 14) and I have interest in both the black and white editions of the iPad. So I was wondering if you guys could post which model you have and why you chose it, because I'm not sure which one to get.

2. chris2k5 macrumors 6502a

Have you seen both in person?

I went with white cause the black one can be confused as an iPad 1 from a distance. The white looks newer and less scratches and smudges show.

3. wrinkster22 macrumors 68030

wrinkster22

4. ty7u5 thread starter macrumors member

Used and seen both in person, and was also leaning towards the white for its new looks, and less visible scratches/smudges.

5. darngooddesign macrumors G3

There are a lot of posts on just this topic. Please search for them.

6. macbillybob macrumors newbie

have one of each. wife has white, i have black. I think the black one is faster but the white one doesn't weigh as much...;)

7. palpatine macrumors 68040

black. i don't like white. but, it is personal preference.

8. supermac96 macrumors 6502a

supermac96

cmon man this question has to have been asked a milion times on the internet. But black it looks so much better. the white just doesnt look sleek at all and looks like it shouldnt be there.

9. LaurieAnn macrumors regular

LaurieAnn

My iPad2 is white. My ipad1 was black which showed all the finger prints. I prefer the white. No visible prints or smudges. The white is unique to the iPad2.

10. Vanessa17 macrumors member

Good you for saving up at such a young age!

I chose the black because it is nicer to watch videos on. I personally don't find fingerprint smudges a problem with mine. I am usually a 'white everything' person but I make Apple products the exception... I have a silver iPod. :D

11. Aspasia macrumors 65816

Halfway between the Equator and North Pole
    White, because I think it's classy. That said, go with your instincts and get the color that pleases you most. And congratulations on your financial acumen!

12. roberthodgson macrumors regular

I went with black again as it's better when watching videos the white stands out to much
    And the black one looks better

13. AbyssImpact macrumors 6502a

Sigh, you know how the saying goes, if it aint white, it aint right.

14. sparkles61785 macrumors regular

"if it ain't black, it's whack." :p

15. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

Hi OP
    Even though I won't be getting my iPad for sometime, I've also been thinking about what color I wanted as well.

Here are some shots that you might find helpful.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

In my experience white can look amazing (photo 1) and horrible (photo 2), so I'm still not sure. I know the white demo model was probably abused as hell, but still useful especially if you don't plan on "babying it" so to speak.

16. vitzr macrumors 68030

vitzr

17. Jmouse macrumors 6502

It is really a personally preference.

In this case, I assume you do not know what you want.

I'll break it down for you here...

I have a black one and my wife have a white one.

At first I prefer the white one for obvious reasons, then after a few weeks of usage, I think I like the black one better.

Solution to you'd delimma, is to buy the one you want in heart.

Black looks great but I find it harder to align the screen protector whereas the white colord one is easier.

18. BergerFan macrumors 68020

BergerFan

The bottom line is this. Upon seeing the White iPad for the first time, if you have to convince yourself, or need pursuading that you like it, don't get it.
    I knew as soon as I saw it, and haven regretted it one bit.
    Go with your gut.

19. Lukeyy19 macrumors 6502a

Lukeyy19

I'm thinking I'm going for the black one, i mean the white one has the edge on looks when it's switched on, but when switched off the black one looks much cleaner, and the black one matches my iMac and iPhone.

but it's really up to you, see them both in person, then decide.

20. Jmouse macrumors 6502

21. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

Black is better to define the screen and will give the illusion of a bigger screen. White is better if you are into fashion or Jersey Shore.

22. BergerFan macrumors 68020

BergerFan

Nice.
    White is for those who appreciate the finer aesthetics. Black is for the generic masses.

23. Wolfpup macrumors 68030

I bought white and definitely like it better after using both, though yeah, it's just personal preference.

Only 'catch' with that is...is the white one less "manly" if you're a guy? I don't know for sure if it is or not, but the black one might be a slightly "safer" bet if you're worried about that, which could be an issue at your age, since people are jerks at that age.

Also, while again this is personal preference, at your age money was SUPER tight for me, and the iPad wouldn't have interested me much next to the game systems and (if it were now) an iPod for podcasts while doing boring stuff. Though obviously that may not be the case for you.

24. j0n24 macrumors newbie

j0n24

I just bought a white iPad 2 myself. I've heard of people complain about the white bezel being a distraction when watching movies etc., but I haven't found that myself. Some of those people may not actually own a white iPad, but just took a quick look at a store display. I find the white a welcome change from the original black iPad but whatever floats your boat!